Cabin, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 4 Sleeps
Playa Selva is one of the most beautiful beaches in Tulum with a
garden composed of large trees, surrounded by practically virgin nature.
This place has everything you need for an unforgettable vacation.
A place to relax, away from the rush and the noise.
A place to recharge your energy; alone, with your partner, with friends or with the entire family. A place to practice different sports and leisure activities.
A place to let your soul fly free.
Playa Selva is located on the Tulum beach; 8 km from the town, 8 km from the Tulum Mayan ruins and 3 km from the extraordinary Sian Ka'an Biosphere Natural Reserve (UNESCO World Heritage).
We rent our new bungalow with two separate rental units, located on the dune:
LA PALMA: Upstairs bedroom with kingsize bed and sofa for 2-3 persons, private bathroom, terrace with amazing view over the ocean, access to communal kitchen
LA DUNA: downstairs bedroom with two matrimonialsize beds for 2-4 persons, private bathroom, terrace with oceanview, access to communal kitchen
About the Owner
1 traveler review
I wanted to love Playa Selva, but....
The Christmas season in Tulum is always busy. And this year, 2012 on the 21st of December, was widely publicized that the world would end as the Mayan Calendar ended on that day. A good percentage of those who believed the world would end came to Camping Chavez, next door. As Tulum has become more popular, the camp sites have decreased. But on the 21st December, demand for camping did not.
We reported to the authorities to put some limits to the campsite. The police helped but most of the authorities who could do something on a bigger scale were on vacation. Here in Mexico things like that take some time.
I know I cannot apologize enough but we had very little warning that you were so unhappy since you never complained until the day you wanted to leave.
We were all surprised when you told us on the 6th day of your 14 day stay that you needed to leave the next day. We were totally booked during your visit. The other guests did not complain. Joanne, our manager, had no idea that you were so unhappy even though she saw you daily. After we understood your situation, we tried to find you another place but Tulum was totally booked. Joanne and I spend the better part of a day looking and making calls but there was nothing available except a place in Cancun but you did not like it. In the meantime I tried to rent out your last week so that I could refund the money. And I successfully did that and could have refunded full amount, you decided to stay, confirming twice with, "yes we will stay so no need to rent the cabana". There was also a couple in la Torre Pajaros that actually wanted to take your time once you left. But then you changed your mind to stay.
I don’t think you realize how hard we worked to try to help you have a good vacation, nor should you. But it is not as if we left you to fend for yourself. And when you again changed your mind to leave, we rented 4 of your last 6 days and I refunded that money – completely contrary to our cancellation policy.
No one else said the sound of drums drowned the sound of the sea. Nobody else complained about the camping.
We try our best to get that situation resolved.
Activity and Interests
All you can do on one of the best beach in the world; hammocks, lounge
beds, beachvolleyball, children playground...
Diving, snorkeling, kayaking, kitesurfing, windsurfing, buggyboards,
biking,... could be fun on the beach. Rental places are nearby.
We offer exclusive tours to the Biosphere Sian Ka'an and Cenotes.
There are a number of great restaurants located within walking
distance: Try Tita Tulum, La Zebra, Casa Banana, Hartwood, Om,
Casa Violeta... - all are close.
Please ask for last minute offers!!!
* High season (December to May): 1400.- usd per week
* Middle season (May - August, November): 1200.- usd per week
* Low season prices (September, Oktober): 900.- usd per week
* Christmas/New Years Week 2014/2015: 2500.- usd per week (only weekly rental from saturday to saturday; 20th until the 27th of december and 27th of december until the 3rd of january)
Rates are for 2 persons, extra person additional 20.- usd per night.
* High season (December to May): 1300.- usd per week
* Middle season (May- August, November): 1100.- usd per week
* Low season prices ( September, Oktober): 700.- usd per week
* Christmas/New Years Week 2014/2015: 2400.- usd per week (only weekly rental from saturday to saturday; 20th until the 27th of december and 27th of december until the 43rd of january)
Rates are for 2 persons, extra person additional 20.- usd per night, max. 2 children under 12 years free.
we charge 3% service fee extra which will be paid to our staff.
17% taxes are included in the prices.
Payment methods: Bankwire, Paypal (+ 5% taxes).
We charge 50% by reservation and the other 50% one
month before renting.
- pets considered
- Beach View
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Completly equipped outdoor kitchen (no fridge, but big ice cooler with ice blocks) Hot water Light and electricity (solar energy) Mosquito nets Safe Daily cleaning Sheets Towels (bath and beach) WIFI Lounge chairs Hammocks Barbecue on the beach Buggyboards Bycicles Children Playground Babysitter, babybed (30.- usd per week), babychair and babytub if required Windsurf Tours Massages, Kosmetic, Pédicure Babysitter and babybed if required Private Yoga Classes on the beach