Chalet, 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, 12 Sleeps
Welcome to Pine Marten Lodge! - a spacious yet cozy, charming and well-appointed Bavarian chalet nestled in a beautiful, wooded setting among majestic pines. The home invites with new, comfortable furnishings, warm hickory wood floors, tasteful decor, luxury linens, immaculate upkeep, and all the necessary amenities for an enjoyable and comfortable stay, including a fully equipped kitchen and plush, down covered beds.
Pine Marten Lodge is the perfect place to gather with your family and friends and absorb all the sights and activities that make Tahoe famous, or you can just come and relax in the serenity of the mountains. Everything you need is here.
The house is located on a flat lot on a desirable, quiet street away from the main road with minimal car passage so it is the perfect place for kids to frolic and play in both summer and winter.
A large, long flat driveway allows easy access and parking in addition to the one car garage with direct access to the house.
Home away from home!!!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a fantastic stay. Your house was a home from home with everything we could have possibly needed. Its all the little touches that make the difference, the extras in the kitchen, the firepit was a hit with all and we spotted pine martins, deer at breakfast time just walking past the window and we even turned into amateur birdwatchers thanks to the many books you provided which helped us to find out the names but sadly no bears although we took that to be a bonus. Went swimming in Lake Tahoe at one of the secret coves, hiked up Eagle Falls, walked round Spooner Lake, cycled round Donner Lake which was incredibly good value thanks to your residence card. We shall tell our friends and hopefuly you will get more visitors from Scotland. Thanks for all you help and advice along the way it was very much appreciated. Thanks again.
5 based on 34 traveler reviews
Home away from home!!!
All that it is described to be and more!
It's summer, so we spent a lot of time in the backyard. Loved the hot tub, grill, bonfire pit and hammock. Truly a great stay in the great outdoors. We most definitely will be reserving this home again!
The owner, Judy, is super easy to work with. Very prompt with correspondence. This was my first time using VRBO and I'm impressed with the ease of making reservations, communicating directly with the owner and the check-in/check-out process.
Thank you Judy!! We appreciate sharing your home with us!
so lovely, restful and comfortable!
The first day out, as we were hiking in a remote area some 20 miles away, we discovered we had lost the house key. I found a place to email the owner, who promptly sent me the number for the property manager. Upon return to the house, we found a newly replaced house key in the lock box. Thank you for a wonderful time and we will certainly return!
Best of the best. Would definitely stay here again!
They had extras of everything! Plates, spoons, forks, towels, paper towels, toilet paper, etc. Everything was clean upon arrival. The beds, sofas and chairs are all comfortable. The hot tub worked perfectly. The grill cooked our steaks very well (or rare depending on how you like it). Location is great! Truckee is a beautiful town itself with a lot of options of things to do. If Truckee isn't your cup of tea, Tahoe is just a short drive away!
I cannot stress how perfect our weekend was and a great deal of it is because of this cabin. Without a doubt, I would stay here again.
Activity and Interests
Summer is a marvelous time in Tahoe Donner. As our guest, you will have access to many amenities. Choose the day’s adventure: - Golf Tahoe Donner's championship 18-hole course
- Explore the Sierra on horseback
- Camp next to Alder Creek
- play a round of tennis
- swim in two pools at Trout Creek after your workout
- rent a paddleboard at the private Beach Club Marina.
- hike the extensive Tahoe Donner trail system (enter right on our street!)
A short drive gets you to the world renowned Lake Tahoe - with all that it has to offer, but you can also find Donner Lake a refreshing alternative.
- Nightly Rate: $225 - $400
Weekly Rate: $1575 - $2800
Monthly Rate: $0 - $0
Spring/summer rate $225/night (Stay at least 3 nights, get one night free!)
Summer holiday rate (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day) $275/night - 3 night min
Fall rate - $225/night
THANKSGIVING WEEKEND - $350/night (4 night minimum)
Winter rate rate $300/night, CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY rate $400/night (week minimum)
Cleaning fee $200/stay
Pets accepted with approval - $20/night additional
$200 damage deposit, $300 damage deposit with pet
- Sports & Activities
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- pets considered
- 2 Bathrooms,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Half Bathroom
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Pine Marten Lodge is also a great place to just enjoy nature from home. The backyard deck steps down to a large paved patio surrounded by towering pines to really be at one with nature - and a flagstone path leads to a fire pit for chilly nights. There's also a brand new six burner grill for all your outdoor cooking! There are two charming guest bedrooms on the first level - one with a queen bed, and one with a full over queen handmade log bunk bed (making it equally cozy for kids OR couples). On the upper level you will find the loft/playroom - with a queen sleeper sofa and twin daybed, 32" TV, Xbox 360 with Kinect, and headphones for the kids - so they can play/watch movies quietly! The loft also opens to another deck to enjoy the view. And finally, upstairs you will find the master suite - with brand-new pillowtop king bed, ensuite bathroom with his and hers sinks, and a 26" flat-screen tv with DVD player. We’ve supplied our cabin with families in mind, with books, toys, DVDs, plenty of gourmet kitchen tools, games for all ages, a yoga mat, sleds, baby necessities and more! Rental includes free WiFi/internet. You’ll find more than everything you need at our Tahoe Donner home, both inside and out, to make your stay a magical one.