House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
This newly remodeled (spring 2011) cabin is loacted in beautiful Tusquittee Valley at the foot of the mountains. It provides all the comforts of home plus the peaceful sound of a rushing, bubbling creek that flows near the master bedroom and large 12x26 screened porch. With privacy and level landscape this cozy 3 bedroom, 2 bath cabin includes a large rock fireplace, central heat and AC, fully furnished kitchen, full-size washer and dryer, satellite TV and DVD player. A 12x26 open upper deck is accessed from both upstairs bedrooms and overlooks the wide rushing creek and heavy area of spring flowering rhododendrums. An open fire pit sits on the bank of the creek. Cook-out on the charcoal grille and use the table on the screened porch or the inside table. Kids thoroughly enjoy playing in Compass Creek. Although the cabin is surrounded by heavy foliage, it is also adjacent to a level grassy open area for play. There are occassional sightings of various wildlife including deer and wild turkeys.
About the Owner
Current part-time residents of Tusquittee Valley and soon to be enjoying full-time life in this wonderful and peaceful part of Clay County.
Activity and Interests
* Lake Chatuge with boating, fishing, skiing - 15 minutes
* Trout fishing - 2 minutes
* Nantahala Outdoor Center rafting - 45 minutes
* John Campbell Folk School, Brasstown - 30 minutes
* St. Pierre's Wooden Pottery - 2 minutes
* Ga Mtn Fairgrounds, Hiawasee - 20 minutes
* Movie theaters and childrens game rooms - 20 minutes
* Varied restaurants - 15-30 minutes
* Franklin , NC, Smokey Mountain Performing Arts Center - 40 minutes
* Murphy, NC - 35 minutes
* Young Harris College - 30 minutes
* Brasstown Valley Resort, Young Harris, GA - 30 minutes
* Hayesville, NC, Peacock Community Theater - 15 minutes
* Golf at the Ridges (10 minutes) or Chatuge Shores (20 minutes)
* Coffee or wine and a good book - 10 steps to the screened porch or upper deck
* Harrah's Casino, Cherokee, NC 1.5 hours
* Asheville, NC - 2 hours
* Atlanta, GA - 2 hours
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 - Feb 1
Fri, Sat, Sun
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
Nightly Rate: $90 - $90
Weekly Rate: $550 - $550
Monthly Rate: $1900 - $1900
5 night stay at $400. Each reservation requires a 1 time cleaning fee of $35. Monthly rental requires a $100 cleaning fee.
2 night minimum
1 night deposit to hold reservation.
Deposit refundable with 10 day notice.
Checks or cash required
- pets not allowed
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- * Sleeps 6 plus 2 on sleeper couch * Satellite TV * DVD player * Variety of books, games and DVDs * Phone for local calls only * Central Heat & AC * Ceiling fans in Master bedroom, Kitchen and great room with cathedral ceiling * Full-size washer & dryer * All linens and towels provided * Fully equipped kitchen * Built-in microwave * Coffee pot * Toaster oven * Dishwasher