Cottage, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Grab your bird-watching book, your field glasses, a bottle of wine and a good book! You're going to the mountains of North Carolina. The Black Mountains to be exact, wedged between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Great Smokies, you'll be at the foot of the Black Mountain range with four of the top ten peaks in the eastern US. You've also stumbled onto the perfect property for entertaining those kids this summer. They have several acres of woods to play in, a creek to explore, a big covered porch to just sit and read a book. No one to disturb nearby, but not entirely isolated with neighbors several hundred yards away. Less than half mile to the Pisgah National Forest just at the end of the road, and 3 minutes to the South Toe River for some of the best trout waters in the East.
Set the coffee maker to go off early in the morning, so you can slip on your robe, grab a cup of fresh coffee, and step out onto the covered porch to listen to the early morning menagerie of birds in the trees. You can hear the burbling of the creek in the woods behind the house, no more than 50 yards from the porch. No traffic sounds, maybe one car goes by all morning long. Later, take a walk down the lane to the end where it enters the Pisgah National Forest. Maybe later, take the kids for a hike up into the forest following the old forest road along tumbling creeks.
Its a beautiful day to visit the old-timey townsquare in Burnsville, so you might have lunch under then ancient willow tree in front of the Garden Deli, then wander through the little shops and the showroom for the Toe River Arts Council. While there in the TRAC showroom, you hear about the Parkway Playhouse production this evening, and since tomorrow is Saturday, why not go out to Young's Mountain Music, cost just $3 to get in. If you don't like the music wait 20 minutes and a new group performs. You make a note, for tomorrow in the afternoon you'll go visit the Penland School of Crafts, lunch in Spruce Pine, and end the evening at Young's Mountain Music nearby. Wait, too much to do, you're going to have to come back and work in a visit to Mt Mitchell and walk the Crest Trail to Mt Craig and back.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
* Pisgah National Forest nearby
* Burnsville - a quaint mountain town with old-timey townsquare
* 2 miles to South Toe River with public access fishing
* Less than an hour out of Asheville
* Less than an hour to Biltmore Estate
* Quaint villages
* Crafts and Artist Galleries scattered throughout the area
* Penland school of crafts nearby
* fly-fishing is outstanding
* Chimney Rock nearby
* Mt Mitchell State Park nearby
* Grandfather Mountain one hour away
- Nightly Rate: $125 - $145
Weekly Rate: $595 - $650
Monthly Rate: $1800 - $2000
Rate is for 4 people, additional persons are $10 per night.
9.75% Tax not included
$39 additional for Security Deposit Insurance (one time fee per stay)
$65 cleaning fee.
- pets considered
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- * Bonfire area * Woods on property * Creek on property * Acres to roam * Walk to National Forest * BBQ Grill * Cable TV * CD Player * DVD Player * Coffee maker * dish washer * washer and dryer * fully furnished with linens * fully furnished with pots and pans * request a quote for longer rental periods * porches and decks * level yard * pet friendly