House, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 4 Sleeps
Leave the cold, come relax, and be young again in The Villages' active 55+ golf cart community. Stay in style and comfort in this delightful 2 bedroom/2 bathroom ranch home in the Village of Ashland. This home is in a great central location, a short golf cart ride to Lake Sumter Landing, Arnold Palmer Championship Golf Course and Country Club, and several of the 27 executive (9-hole) golf courses. There are many popular neighborhood restaurants, stores, health and beauty spas, churches and medical facilities nearby. It’s just blocks from Churchhill Street Recreation Center, Ashland Pool, and scenic Lake Miona Park. Just hop in the electric golf cart provided with the rental, and you’re just minutes away from all that The Villages has to offer.
This newer Austin model home is airy with vaulted ceilings and an open, upgraded kitchen and breakfast bar. With sliding glass windows over outdoor screens, the enclosed lanai can be enjoyed year round. The over-sized, tiled lanai is nicely furnished with a wicker sofa set and cafe table to relax or dine in Florida style.
Guests can enjoy watching television in the master bedroom and lanai, as well as the living room, which features a flat screen HD television and Blu Ray DVD player. The home theatre set-up includes surround sound for movies and music.
Both bedrooms feature comfortable queen beds with adjoining full bathrooms, desks, and coordinating furniture. The master suite includes a large walk-in closet, and access to the lanai. The home has attractive furnishings in a neutral color scheme to make this home your “home away from home.” You’ll want to come back.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
The proximity of this home to so many of The Villages’ activities and attractions makes it a great find:
* Near Lake Sumter Landing, and not far by car to Spanish Springs. Both town squares offer daily music and dancing, quality restaurants/bars and coffee houses, popular clothing and novelty shops, and multi-complex movie theatres.
* Near a variety of dining and shopping options in the surrounding area as well, including such restaurants and stores as Bone Fish, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Golden Corral, Bob Evans, Crispers, Publix, Sweetbay, Fresh Market, and Walmart Superstore.
* 486 holes of golf on 9 championship (18- and 27-hole) and 29 executive (9-hole) courses. With Villages ID Cards, golf is free on the executive courses and reasonable on the championship courses!
* Walking distance to two swimming pools and recreation center, including a basketball court, billiards, card and board games, tennis, pickleball, lawn bowling, shuffleboard, horse shoes, classes, clubs, and social events.
* Near two fully-equipped Villages fitness centers, which offer reasonable daily, weekly, and monthly rates.
* Near other Villages and neighborhood offerings, including live theatre, professional polo matches, resident softball games, and quality antiquing.
* Blocks from beautiful Lake Miona Park, where visitors can fish (with an appropriate license), boat, picnic, sun on the lakefront beach, and enjoy the local wildlife.
* From 30 to 90 minutes to major Florida attractions—Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World in Orlando; Silver Springs Nature Theme Park; manatees in Crystal River; and popular tourist destinations Tampa, Sarasota, Daytona Beach, and Cape Canaveral.
Whether you want to relax on the lanai with a good book, or enjoy any of the many nearby activities and attractions, this is the vacation rental for you!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 2015 - Mar 31 2015
30 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $500
All bookings require a $600 deposit ($500 security/damage deposit and $100 nonrefundable cleaning fee) to hold reservation. Rates are for double occupancy. Additional $50 for Villages IDs (one-time)--waived for multiple month bookings. Now taking bookings for November/December 2014, AS WELL AS FEBRUARY/MARCH 2015 (NEW CANCELLATION).
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- This home comes complete with everything you will need to enjoy an extended stay in the Villages. Amenities included at no additional charge are: * 3 televisions, including a flat screen HD TV and Blu Ray DVD player * Surround sound home theatre with CD/DVD capabilities * High speed wireless internet * Gas barbeque grill * Washer and dryer, ironing board and iron * All utilities, trash pick-up, and lawn service * Basic local telephone and cable television * Kitchen necessities—appliances, dish/glass/flat/cookware, and utensils * Bed linens and towels * Vacuum cleaner and basic cleaning supplies * Some sporting equipment: miscellaneous golf clubs/bag, dart board/darts, fishing poles, and portable concert chairs * The Village's Daily Sun Newspaper * Villages Amenities Fees and Florida Sales and Use Taxes Renters may choose to add amenities at a nominal additional fee: * Full use of 2-passenger electric golf cart for $50/month (included at no additional charge with multiple month rental). Use of the golf cart includes Kart Aide Rescue Service (like AAA for golf carts). * Village ID Cards required for golf and recreation for a one-time charge of $50 (included at no additional charge with multiple month rental). Just bring your suitcase and toothbrush and you’ll be ready to enjoy your stay in “America’s Friendliest Hometown.”