The Balboa Gem presents a beautiful turnkey property located within the first block of Newport Beach - just 8 houses from the sand. Prepare to be charmed and impressed upon reaching the top of the stairs that lead o this finely-appointed upper unit. A December 2011 remodel has created a cozy and upscale beach villa where guests can relax and escape the pressures of the day-to-day world. Balboa Gem is ideally located on the Balboa Peninsula less than a block from the sands of Newport Beach. This upper-floor unit is a quiet haven boasting 2 large bedrooms and 1 bath, easily accommodating up to 6 guests. Both bedrooms feature a brand new queen-sized bed with luxury linens, while a leather sofa sleeper is included in the living room. Each bedroom has a flat screen TV, ample closet space, contemporary furniture, black-out shades and a ceiling fan. The luxurious bathroom has a large tub/shower combo, Black Galaxy granite countertops, plenty of cabinet space and fluffy towels for a spa-like experience. A gourmet chef’s kitchen includes every amenity necessary to create special meals - or a quick breakfast or sandwich. Brand new high-end stainless steel appliances compliment Italian granite countertops, while finely-detailed cabinetry and a Kholer sink/faucet complete the upscale look. A four-seat dining table is situated in the dining area and provides a lovely spot for relaxing. Special touches abound in the details, such as leaded glass accents in the front door, modern light fixtures, crown mouldings, sleek window coverings and contemporary artwork & decor. The Balboa Gem features beautiful stone flooring throughout and custom stone baseboard treatments. Accent rugs add warmth to each room and help anchor the comfortable living space where a flat screen TV/DVD is provided, as well as a ceiling fan to circulate fresh ocean breezes. A spacious rooftop deck provides an additional dining and relaxing area with a 4-seat patio set, gas barbeque and potted plants. A shared laundry area with full-size washer and dryer is included, as well as parking for one car in the garage below. Storage space is available in the garage as well as use of the provided beach chairs, umbrellas and beach towels. Short-term parking for a second car is available directly in front of the house and is a terrific asset in a busy beach community like Balboa. An outdoor hot and cold shower is located on the east side of the property for post-beach rinse offs. When it comes to a relaxing beach vacation, the Balboa Beach Gem has it all – unbeatable value, stylish 4-star accommodations, budget-friendly rates, and a fantastic location. Guests will feel right at home in this cozy beach villa and will want to return year after year to enjoy the charms and fun of Newport Beach.
The Tizes and Zumbo clans enjoyed our stay at the house. Newport Beach is a fantastic and this house only made our experience even better. Thanks for everything!
Things to Do In Newport Beach/Balboa:
* Enjoy the fine sandy beaches. Lifeguard Tower 20 and two rock jetties provide a fabulous beach experience in the 39 thStreet area.
* Surfing, body-boarding, paddle-boarding, kite surfing and para-sailing. Lessons can be arranged at nearby surf shops.
* Newport Harbor - sailing, boating and fishing
* Newport Beach Boardwalk
* Bike Riding - rental shops are located nearby for renting cruiser bikes, roller blades, surrey bikes and other “fun on wheels”
* Newport Pier and Balboa Pier
* Balboa Ferry - transports visitors and their cars across Newport Harbor from the Balboa Peninsula to quaint Balboa Island
* Balboa Fun Zone – Video Game Arcade and Ferris Wheel
* Tide Pools for exploring. Snorkeling and Scuba are also available.
* Check out “The Wedge” surf spot at the tip of the Balboa Peninsula.
* Challenging Golf Courses
* Tennis Courts & Basketball
* Huntington Beach – a.k.a. Surf City – is just to the north. Great surfing, shopping and dining.
* Wild Rivers Water Park & Knott’s Soak City – both are within a half-hour drive
* Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm - approximately 40 minutes away
* Museums and Art Galleries
* Luxurious Spas and Salons
* World-class shopping at Fashion Island and South Coast Plaza
* Fine Dining and Nightlife
* Orange County Fair – during the month of July
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 2014 - Feb 1 2015
1 night minimum stay