House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Surrounded by Indian Lake with beautiful views of water and wooded island. It is located in a beautiful wooded landscape that is a country setting. This is the perfect place to fish and boat with the fishing preserve just around the corner and the open water for boating only a few feet away. There is a covered area at dock and a long pier on the property for your convenience in docking your boat. The cottage has been remodeled and has all the newer amenities to make your stay comfortable and memorable. The yard is large with nice mature trees, an enclosed back porch, grill, picnic table, fire ring and of course the water's edge. There are water views both from the front and back since you are on an island with only 5 houses to the end.
* 2 Bedrooms with Queen size beds
* 1 Bedroom with Full size bed
* 1 Sofa/Bed with Full size bed
* 3 Couches in Living Room, 2 full size, 1 loveseat
The cottage has been recently remodeled with a new furnace and central air conditioning. A second full bath added in 2014.
*****Sorry but there is a strict no pets allowed policy.
waterfront Island Cottage
About the Owner
2 traveler reviews
waterfront Island Cottage
Relaxing week at the Lake
The neighborhood is mostly permanent residents, and we were warmly greeted by several folks when we took our evening walks to a nearby bridge and boat launch. Plenty of attractions nearby by boat: Beaches, restaurants, a boat-up McDonalds in Russels Point, and a bizarre little restaurant called the Tiltin' Hilton you shouldn't miss. A grocery store is only about 10 minutes away. We had a wonderfully relaxing time and the rental rate was very reasonable. Highly recommended. A++
Activity and Interests
This is a very large lake that has regular fishing tournaments, many restaurants with pull up areas for boats, skiing areas along with many swimming and fishing spots. There is a very large preserve close to the cottage that is home to much wildlife, including eagles in the last 2 years. A great place to explore for turtles and birds. In the fall there are many duck hunting activities and with all the wooded area it is a beautiful place to enjoy the Ohio fall colors and stunning sunsets all year round.
Each holiday is celebrated with community actvities from spectacular fireworks on the 4th of July to the "Ring of Fire" over Labor Day weekend. Many more activities are throughout the year and even into the winter the ice skating and fishing are enjoyable. There are snowmobiles on the lake when the water freezes in addition to ice skating.
There are 2 towns close by and a new flea market to make shopping close and convenient and exploring the treasures of the lake. On the way around the lake stop at the go cart tracks for a spin and the arcade to play electronic games the whole family can enjoy.
A short distance drive to these additional activities: Ohio Caverns, Marmon Valley Farms with several activities(including horseback riding) and Mad River Moutain Skiing.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Mar 1 2015 - May 21 2015
2 night minimum stay
May 22 2015 - Sep 11 2015
Changeover Day: Friday
7 night minimum stay
Sep 12 2015 - Nov 30 2015
2 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change. Minimum is 2 nights in non peak season but there is an additional $300.00 minimum. Payment can be by check, credit card (MC/VISA) or Paypal. The deposit will hold dates and rent w/w/o clean due 60 days prior to arrival.
Nightly Rate: $75 - $150 Off Season, 2 night minimum and 300.00 minimum
Weekly Rate: $700 Peak Season begins Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend (Friday to Friday)
Monthly Rate: $0 - $0
Peak Season: After Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day
$700.00 Friday to Friday ONLY WEEKLY DURING SUMMER SEASON
Sorry but no rentals less than full week during peak season
Non Peak Season: After Labor Day to Memorial Day
$500.00 One week 2 NIGHT MINIMUM
$300.00 Weekends (----2 nights minimum) each additional night $75.00
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- pets not allowed
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Outdoor Grill
- * 3 Bedrooms *see below for linen instructions * 2 Baths, 1 with linen closet * New Furnace and central Air Conditioning * Fully Equipped Kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven and all cooking and eating utensils * Screened in back porch with comfortable furniture * Washer/Dryer * TV and DVD player * Covered parking * Long private pier and dock to accomodate 2 boats * Charcoal grill and picnic table * Lakeside * Firepit with covered fishing area and furniture If you want to rent a boat there are places to rent either pontoon or ski boats with daily or weekly rentals. The boats are very nice and the people are friendly. *The kitchen linens are provided but you will need to bring sheets/pillow cases for 2 queen beds and 1 full bed along with towels for bathing and swimming. There are blankets and comforters for the beds and couches. There is sofa bed is in the living room which is also a full size bed.