'Simply - the most beautiful place in the world,' says Charles Pratt, author of Here on the Island published 1974. This home dons the cover of Pratt’s popular hard cover book of an island of incredible character and natural beauty. Gooden Grant’s Home is one of the most photographed locations on an island that is home to 50 year round residents and half the island is forever wild Acadia National Park land.
Named after the original owner, a notorious lobster fisherman working the territory well into his 90s, the Gooden Grant Home provides abundant land, sea, and fresh water recreation, an inspirational retreat for historians, writers, photographers, and artists, or a family getaway complete with a safe harbor of gentle waves and a length of beach full of ocean treasures for young minds and hands – sea glass, sand dollars, hermit crabs, rock crabs and more.
* Home borders conserved land with hiking trails that connect to Acadia National Park’s 18 miles of trails and wilderness beaches
* Five minute walk to fresh water Long Pond for swimming, kayaking, windsurfing, trout fishing
* Row or walk to Harvey’s Beach, a place of wonder in what winter storms toss onto the shore
* Salt water fishing—primarily stripped bass, mackerel, blue fish and flounder
* Wildlife—great blue herons, eagles, owls, seals, other sea creatures
* Black Dinah Chocolatiers' world famous chocolate
* Clams and mussels from right in front of the house
* Lobster fishing with an islander--bring home supper
* Cook lobster shore dinner on the beach
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Weekly Rate: $2,500
Maine State Rental Tax: 7.5% added to house rental rate.
Reservation Policy: Dates are scheduled on first come first served basis; 100% of the rental is due at the time of scheduling. In the event of cancellation, every effort will be made to fill the dates. When reserved dates are fi