Come enjoy a getaway on the 6th Most Beautiful Lake in the World (National Geographic), in a spacious and lovely waterfront home that is perfectly suited for an unforgettable vacation. Wake up and go to bed with amazing lake views! With bedroom capacity for 9 guests, a beautiful open-air kitchen and living space, and a large outdoor patio, our country-style home is ready and waiting for your next holiday! This is our primary home, which we rent for only a few weeks in the summer, and so it has everything a home should have for a comfortable stay!
* Fabulous swimming and snorkeling, in crystal clear water that is wonderfully warm in the summer months.
* Ski boats, pontoons and Jet skis are available for rent from B&B Marina, only a couple miles down the beach.
* Windsurfing, kite boarding, sailing and Stand-Up-Paddling conditions are excellent.
* Fishing is great for Perch, Bass, Brown Trout, Salmon and big Lake Trout. Check with the Phoenix Park Party & Bait Store for suggestions.
* Hiking paths can be found right across the street from the house in the wooded median, and also north one mile at Phoenix Park. The North Higgins Lake State Park offers miles of beautiful wooded trails as well, and is only 3 miles down the road. The Cross Country Ski Headquarters, on the east side of Higgins Lake, offers wide, wooded trails for bicycling, walking, or running.
* Stone Turtle Yoga, on the east side of Higgins Lake, offers multiple yoga and fitness classes throughout the week. See stoneturtleyoga<dot>com for more details.
* Bring your bicycles for a bike ride on the well maintained Higgins Lake roads and trails. If you’re really ambitious, bike around the lake!
* Phoenix market is a mile away for convenience items, and Glens Market – a full grocery store – is 9 miles away in Roscommon. Bart’s fruit market of Houghton Lake offers farm fresh fruits and veggies.
* The Village of Roscommon is 9 miles away to the east, and offers great canoeing on the AuSable River (Hiawatha Canoe Livery, Campbell’s, Watters Edge). Glen’s Market of Roscommon is a full grocery store and Fifth Street Market offers specialty items and an extensive wine selection.
* Restaurants include the Silver Dollar Bar, which is only 1 mile from the house and has a full menu, music & Friday fish fry. Timbers Restaurant on the south end of the lake on the Cut River has great dinner options including pizza. Forest Dunes (10 miles away on Chase Bridge Road northeast of Roscommon) is a 4 star dining establishment and golf Mecca. Fred’s (9 miles away in Roscommon) recently reopened and has great food, Friday fish fry and a bowling alley. Tin Fish Bar (9 miles away in Roscommon) has music & is reasonable.
* Golf options abound, starting with Forest Dunes (Golf World Magazine: #1 Readers’ Choice Award) -10 miles away on Chase Bridge Road northeast of Roscommon). Also a 4 star dining establishment.
* Other surrounding golf courses:
Ye Olde Country Club (8 mi)
Burning Oak (7 mi)
Fox Run (6 mi)
White Deer (14 mi)
Pineview Highlands (17 mi)
The Quest (14 miles)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 - Feb 1
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
See Deals For Special Discounts
Summer Rate: $2,000 per week.
Summer Rental weeks are Saturday to Saturday only. Check-in at 3:00pm. Check-out at 10:00am.
Reservation/Security deposit is $200. Deposit is returned within two weeks of end of rental.
Rental rate money is due six May 1st, or otherwise agreed upon date.
Includes cleaning fees and tax.