Cabin, 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, 8 Sleeps
Please Note: I ALWAYS answer inquiries promptly (i.e. within a day). If you do make an inquiry, please check your Spam folder if you do not see a reply from me (this has happened with other customers).
Welcome to your (and our) home away from home. Located just 15 minutes south of Flagstaff and less than 2 hours from downtown Phoenix, Munds Park is a cool and quiet alternative to escape the summer heat.
This cabin comfortably sleeps 8 people (see below)
Its many unique features include:
-Old West Saloon, "The Robin's Nest", located upstairs which doubles as a bedroom suite
(one queen sleeper sofa and 1 twin sleeper in saloon and 2nd twin sleeper in adjacent
sitting room). The "Bordello" (aka closet) is also adjacent to the Saloon and houses a
dresser and extra bed linens.
-Fifties Diner adjacent to kitchen on first floor, complete with authentic advertising signs, Crosley CD player, and other memorabilia. (Note: An additional dining table seats 8-10).
-2nd and 3rd bedrooms with shared bathroom between are on first floor; one bedroom, dubbed "The Wizard of Oz" room, is decorated with Oz memorabilia and has a full sized bed. The other, larger downstairs bedroom has a queen bed.
--River Rock Fireplace with remote control gas (propane) logs.
-Antiques, collectibles, and custom stained glass throughout.
-Four foot fenced, VERY LARGE yard (well behaved and housebroken pets are welcome!) Extra large pop-up kennel available onsite.
-HUGE driveway; plenty of room for multiple vehicles, offloading ATVs, etc.
-Located on a quiet cul-de-sac with only 2 full-time residents.
What a great find!
About the Owner
My husband Gil and I started building this cabin a year before he retired from the City of Phoenix. It is our labor of love, blood, sweat, and tears. Although I am still working full time in Phoenix, we head up to the cabin as often as time allows. When you visit, you will see get a peek at some of us; our photos line the downstairs hallway.
My hobby is stained glass; Gil's is Disc Golf. So a typical weekend for us is me ensconced in my stained glass studio behind the house and Gil meeting up with friends to play a round (or 3!) of Disc Golf. In the evenings we throw something on the grill, play a round of horseshoes while our dinner cooks, and eat under the stars (you can actually SEE the Milky Way!) The nights are so refreshingly cool, and if you're lucky, a wonderful thunderstorm will roll in from the mountains in the afternoons. We sincerely hope you love your experience here as much as we do.
5 based on 12 traveler reviews
What a great find!
We had a great time!
Really cute cabin!
What a great surprise!
From the Owner
“I grew up on a farm in the Midwest, and Gil is an L.A. city boy- talk about opposites attracting! I wanted someplace nearby to escape the Phoenix heat, but a different topography than what I grew up in. Gil and I visited some friends in Munds Park and fell in love with the beautiful pines and aspens. We found a lot and had our cabin shell built in 2007 (I think), and spent the next couple of years finishing the inside.”
Activity and Interests
Coconino National Forest: 1/4 mile (bring your ATVs or rent some on Pinewood Boulevard). Miles and miles of hiking trails to explore.
Flagstaff: 18 miles (including but not limited to: NAU, Riordan Mansion, Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument, San Francisco Peaks, Lowell Observatory, Museum of Northern Arizona, Arizona Snowbowl, Pioneer Museum)
Sedona: 45 minutes
Williams: 1 hour
Jerome: 1 hour
Grand Canyon South Rim: 1 1/2 to 2 hours
Mormon Lake: 30 minutes via forest road but well worth the trip
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 2015 - Oct 11 2015
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $300
50% of rental fee due upon booking. Remainder of rental fee plus security and cleaning deposits due within 30 days of reservation.
Nightly Rate: $160 - $160
Weekly Rate: $950 - $950
Monthly Rate: $3000 - $3000
Attention: I ALWAYS answer inquiries. Please check your Spam folder if you don't see a reply from me within 24 hours...this has happened to some of my customers.
Anyway, we keep it simple...
Seven days a week, May through approx. September (depends on weather, i.e. early freeze =early closure)
Nightly rates: $160 per night (2 night minimum).
Weekly rates: $950 (7 nights);
Monthly rates: $3000 (based on THIRTY nights, not 28 as listed above).
$300 REFUNDABLE Security Deposit
$75 NONREFUNDABLE Cleaning Fee per Stay
Payment by Paypal, Credit Card, personal check (must clear) or cashiers check/money order (also must clear). 50% deposit required to hold reservation; balance due within 30 days of stay. (If booking less than 30 days in advance, entire amount due to hold reservation).
Cancellations: If reservation is cancelled greater than 30 days in advance, 100% of deposit will be refunded. If less than 30 days, no refunds will apply unless cabin is rebooked for that date(s) by another party.
SMOKING IS FORBIDDEN INSIDE THE CABIN. Failure to comply with this rule will result in forfeiture of security deposit. We appreciate your understanding.
We PREFER that you not smoke anywhere on the property; however, if you absolutely must smoke, please use extra caution and care with your cigarettes. (There is a covered ashtray on the front porch). Due to the proximity of the forest and the ongoing drought, it is imperative that you are diligent and conscientious AT ALL TIMES.
From the Owner
“There is no better sound than the wind whistling through the pine trees- so soothing to the soul! And the summer thunderstorms are AMAZING!”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fireplace ...
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
- Toys ...
- Video Library ...
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Mountain View
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 1700 sq. ft.
- 2 Bathrooms,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 1 - toilet
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom - toilet, shower
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 1 double
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, 2 twin/ single, Saloon has 3 sleeper sofas: 1 queen and 2 twins
- Deck / Patio ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Other features include flat screen TV, Direct TV, DVD player (bring your own dvds or view one of our approximately 75 first run movies) iPod docking station (via iLive sound bar). Bring your Wii and hook it up to the TV located in the Saloon- plenty of floor space for all the action! Lots and LOTS of books, primarily romance and suspense/mystery. Crayons, Markers, Colored Pencils and Coloring books for the little ones. LifeFitness elliptical exercise machine, MANY board games and jigsaw puzzles, Yard games(including Horseshoes and Cornhole) Attached deck with Solar lit umbrella, Gas BBQ grill, and many more amenities. Kitchen is complete with dishes, appliances (no dishwasher, icemaker, or garbage disposal), coffee grinder, utensils, and basic spices/condiments...pretty much everything you'll need. (Feel free to check with us first). Bathrooms are stocked with towels, washcloths, hairdryers, and basic toiletry supplies. Laundry room features a Maytag High Efficiency (HE) washer/dryer (stackable). There is NO central Air Conditioning or Heating; however, there are window AC units in each of the bedrooms and two baseboard heaters. Space heaters work beautifully in the nonvaulted areas of the house; the vaulted areas get very cool in the colder (40 degree and lower) weather. For the warmer months,we recommend opening up windows at night to let in cool breezes and closing up house midmorning on the hotter days. Wi-fi and weekly trash service included.