House, 3 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 9 Sleeps
Heron's Nest: Newly renovated lake cottage located on Magician Lake in Sister Lakes, Michigan. The property is located at the mouth of Polk Channel, a mile-long waterway excavated in the 1950's, running from Magician Lake through Viewpoint Beach...surrounded by pines and other hardwoods that have been growing for a century or more. The cottage is perfect for a family vacation, or couples trying to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Fish from the dock and swim and boat in the lake. A sandy swimming and boating area is close by. Air conditioned.
Fall: The property is perfect for an autumn get-a-way. Enjoy a campfire on a cool fall evening, kayak the mile-long Polk channel (we have 3 kayaks), walk through the woods to view the colorful fall leaves, participate in the many wine-tasting activities sponsored by local wineries, shop the quaint, but bustloing Dowagiac, attend a University of Notre Dame home football game in South Bend, IN, carve a jack-o-lantern using a pumpkin provided by Viewpoint Beach management. The cottage is heated; you will be warm and cozy on a cold nights after busy, fun fall days in the country. Check the fee for a two night stay!
We have three cottages next door to each other...Frog Hollow, Turtle Cove and Heron's Nest...perfect for a fall group retreat, a reunion or a get-a-way with a group of friends.
Experiece a real American summer and/or autumn in the country!
Great time at Heron's NestGreat time at Heron's Nest
About the Owner
2 traveler reviews
Great time at Heron's NestGreat time at Heron's Nest
everything we wanted
And it's beautiful: quiet and peaceful, wonderful lake my little niece and nephew loved going out on, nice open lawn for the reception, beautiful tree covered area right in front of the lake where we said our vows, barbecue pits right in the backyard by a canal so you could dock your boat right next to them, the cabins had everything you might need with a grocery store and restaurants just a few minutes drive down the road...
Plenty of space for a big party if you go in for all three looking to throw a wedding, but if you rent just one of the three, plenty of space for a quiet getaway from the city with just the family, and everything you might need...
Cynthia was incredibly helpful whenever we had a need, which as you can imagine was often when prepping a wedding...She's kind and caring and responsive and unobtrusive...really, what more can you ask for?
I've never done this kind of rental before, and neither had my wife, but if you're looking for a peaceful beautiful midwestern spot to take a break or throw a big outdoor party, we can't imagine a better site or a better owner. We'll be going back some anniversary soon, you should too...
Activity and Interests
Swimming, watersports, fishing, sunbathing, barbequing, nature trails and family activities, to name a few. Jet skis and speed boats can be rented from Lake Effect Powersports or Midway Marine. Campfire stories around the firepit are definitely recommended. The Sister Lakes area has a bowling alley, an ice cream parlor, a roller rink and a multitude of restaurants to enjoy. Downtown Dowagiac features a number of boutique shops that include Oh My!, the Marshall Shop, the Beckwith Theatre, the Wood Fire Italian Restaurant, and Caruso's, a candy shoppe and soda fountain that has been in business since the 1920s.
"We would love to have you stay with us!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
May 15 2015 - Oct 31 2015
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
- Kayak Rental $20 + Tax
- Refundable damage deposit $250
- Bicycles $10 + Tax
- Firewood $35 + Tax
- Pontoon Rental: 7days $850 + Tax
- Tax Rate 6.0%
Receipt of the $250 refundable security deposit and a signed contract will gurantee your reservation. Full payment must be made 60 days prior to check-in if reservation is made prior to March. After the month of March the payment date will be stated in the contract.
Nightly Rate: $220 - $250
Weekly Rate: $890 - $890
Monthly Rate: $3400 - $3400
Check-In: 3:00 p.m. (Michigan Time)
Check-Out: 11: a.m (Michigan Time)
Rate Details (In US Dollars)
Weekly rate: $890/week (May - October) plus 6% MI Tax
Nightly Rates: 3-night rate: $660 plus 6% MI Tax
4-night rate: $750 plus 6% MI Tax
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 bunkbed; 1 twin Tenant provides bedding. Pillows provided
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, 1 twin/ single, Tenant provides own bedding. Pillows provided..
- Bedroom 3 - 1 twin/ single, 1 bunkbed; Tenant provides beddung. Pillows provided.
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Water Sports Gear
- Guests provide their own meals
- Beds: 1 double and 1 twin bed (First Bedroom); 1 Bunk Bed, 2 twin beds (Second Bedroom; 2 Twin beds (Third bedroom). Air conditioned. Pillows provided. Guests must bring their own bed linens, towels and paper goods. Entertainment: Cable TV/Internet Kitchen: Full Kitchen; Microwave; Dishes/Silverware/Utensils/Pot &Pans. Outdoor Features: Dock for boats and jet skies; Fire Pit; Charcoal Grill; 2 Picnic Tables; Wide wrap-around deck perfect for large gatherings ; Lakefront Swimming; Fall: wine-tasting tours, walking in the colorful woods, fishing, kayakong on the mile-long Polk Channel (we have 3 kayaks), shopping, picking apples at a local farm, carving a jack0o0lantern, sitting around a campfile, attending a University of Notre Dame home foorball game in South Bend, IN...just a 45 minute drive Firewood: !st supply of wood free...fee for second supply. NO tents, Campers, Motor Homes Suitability: No pets allowed Smoking Not Allowed Inside. Guests are required to supply: * Bed linens/Blankets * Towels * Paper Goods * Charcoal for Grill