House, 3 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, Sleeps 9
Quaint lake cottage located on a channel connecting to Magician Lake in Sister Lakes, Michigan. The property is located at the mouth of Polk Channel, a mile-long waterway excavated in the 1950's, running from Magician Lake through Viewpoint Beach...surrounded by pines and other hardwoods that have been growing for a century or more. The cottage is perfect for a family vacation, or couples trying to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Newly renovated - new everything! If in the area, please contact for a tour. Fish off the dock, swim and boat on the lake. Wi-Fi available. Air Conditioned.
The property is perfect for an autumn get-a-way. Enjoy a campfire on a cool fall evening, kayak the mile-long Polk channel ( we have 3 kayaks), walk through the woods to view the colorful fall leaves, participate in the many wine-tasting activities sponsored by local wineries, shop in quaint, but bustling, Dowagiac, attend a University of Notre Dame football game in South Bend, IN, carve a jack-lantern from a pumpkin provided by Viewpoint Beach Resort management! The cottage is heated; you will be warm and cozy on a cold night after a busy, fun fall day in the country. Check the fee for a two night stay!
We have three cottages next to each other... Frog Hollow, Turtle Cove and Heron's Nest...perfect for a group retreat, a reunion or a get-a-way with a group of friends!
Experience a real American summer and autumn in the country!
Fathers and Son's WeekendFathers and Son's Weekend
About the Owner
This property has been in the family for 105 years. The land was originally used as a grain farm but after its puurchase in 1910 Edmund R. Polk and his wife Agnes, with their five children, developed the land into a summer resort called Viewpoint Beach Reseot.
5 based on 3 traveler reviews
Fathers and Son's WeekendFathers and Son's Weekend
Fantastic host and site
And it's beautiful: quiet and peaceful, wonderful lake my little niece and nephew loved going out on, nice open lawn for the reception, beautiful tree covered area right in front of the lake where we said our vows, barbecue pits right in the backyard by a canal so you could dock your boat right next to them, the cabins had everything you might need with a grocery store and restaurants just a few minutes drive down the road...
Plenty of space for a big party if you go in for all three looking to throw a wedding, but if you rent just one of the three, plenty of space for a quiet getaway from the city with just the family, and everything you might need...
Cynthia was incredibly helpful whenever we had a need, which as you can imagine was often when prepping a wedding...She's kind and caring and responsive and unobtrusive...really, what more can you ask for?
I've never done this kind of rental before, and neither had my wife, but if you're looking for a peaceful beautiful midwestern spot to take a break or throw a big outdoor party, we can't imagine a better site or a better owner. We'll be going back some anniversary soon, you should too...
From the Owner
“This property has a wide appeal for those who seek a real American summer experience. Swimming, sunbathing, boating and family bonfires help to make a memorable time at the lake. Area attractions and shopping in Dowagiac, Niles and St. Joseph add to the family fun!”
Activity and Interests
* Golfing - at local courses or the new Harbor Shores Course in Benton Harbor, MI
* Going on U-Pick Fruit Outings at local farms
* Playing Miniature Golf
* Viewing movies at 5-Mile Drive-in Movie
* Shopping in Dowagiac and St. Joseph, MI
* Attending wine tastings at local wineries
* Attending the University of Notre Dame home football games in South Bend, IN
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
May 1 2015 - Oct 31 2015
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $250.00
- Firewood $20.00 + Tax
- Pontoon Boat Rental $950.00 + Tax
- Bicycles $10.00 + Tax
- Kayaks $20.00 + Tax
- Tax Rate 6.0%
Payment of the $250 refundable security deposit and a signed contract will confirm your reservation. Full payment if reservations is made prior to March will be payable 60 days prior to check-in. Reservations made after March will have the payment in full date stated in the contract.
Check-In: 3:00 p.m. (Michigan Time)
Check-Out: 11: a.m. (Michigan Time)
Weekly rate: $890/week (May - October) plus 6% MI Tax
Nightly rate: 3-night rate: $660 plus 6% MI Tax
4-night rate: $750 plus 6% MI Tax
Damage Deposit: $250 Refundable Deposit
From the Owner
“Turtle Cove has a wide-open kitchen/living area that is conducive to family gatherings. The pier on the channel provides mooring for your boat or a rebtal boat.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Fireplace ...
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
- Lake View
- Water View
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- coin laundry
- live theater
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1
- Tenant should provide towels and paper goods.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 4 twin/ single, Two bunkbeds; Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, 1 twin/ single
- Bedroom 3 - 1 double
- Tenant should provide bedding. Pillows are provided. Livingroom can accommodate several air mattresses.
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Beds: 1 double bed and 1 twin bed (First Bedroom); 2 Bunk Beds: 2 twin/2full (Second Bedroom; 1 double bed (Third Bedroom) Pillows provided. Air conditioned. Entertainment: Cable TV, Internet Access Kitchen: Full Kitchen; Microwave; Dishes/Silverware/Utensils/Pot &Pans. Outdoor Features: Dock for boats and jet skies; Large wrap-around deck; Fire Pit; Charcoal Grill; Picnic Table; Lakefront Swimming. Fall: wine tasting-tours, walking in the colorful woods; kayaking on the Polk Channel; shopping, carving a jack-0-lantern, campfire; grilling outside on the barbeque, attend the University of Notre Dame home football games in South Bend, IN...just 45 minutes away! NO Campers, Motor Homes Suitability: No pets allowed Smoking Not Allowed Inside Cottage Renters are required to supply: * Bed linens/Blankets * Towels * Paper Goods * Charcoal for Grill