Casa kuxtal (in mayan "The house of life"), is a gorgeous 200 years old, recently renovated colonial house. The house was fully furnished with exquisite taste with antiques of the region. It is situated in an unbeatable location; right in the most beautiful park of Merida in the famous calle 60: Santa Ana square. Casa Kuxtal is only two blocks from Paseo Montejo and walking distance to shops, restaurants, coffee shops, theatres and museums. Buy fresh groceries in the local market, have an ice cream in the square or have a stroll in front of historical mansions, right in front of your door!
Casa Kuxtal has all the amenities you need to make your stay in Merida unforgettable: colonial high-beamed ceilings -typical of old colonial houses-, a refreshing pool, a beautiful garden, an outdoor shower and a roof garden with a great view. Everything in Casa Kuxtal is environmentally friendly, we have a solar heater, energy saving appliances (induction stove), LED lights, solar lamps, and a green roof. To make your stay more comfortable, the house includes ceiling fans, AC in both rooms, cable TV, wireless internet, phone line and a cell phone for your use during your stay. The house also includes a BBQ, board games, books and a hammock to lay down and relax!
- Merida's beautiful historic downtonwn (Centro, Paseo Montejo)
- Impressive mayan ruins: Dzibitzaltun, Uxmal, Chichen Itza, Mayapan
- Authentic mayan rural towns with indigenous communities
- Historic haciendas (e.g. Xcanantun) and beautiful colonial towns (Izamal)
- Unique freshwater holes ("cenotes")
- Wildlife watching: flamingos (Celestun), whale shark (Hol Box)
- Kayaking through mangrove forests (Celestun, Progreso), diving in cenotes, hiking through rainforests.