House, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 7 Sleeps
This lovely 2-bedroom, 2-bath lakefront home has lots of lake frontage, lots of trees and lots of privacy. Enjoy meals with gorgeous lake views, from the full-length screened porch and deck across the whole lake side of the house.
The location is ideal for relaxing, swimming, boating, fishing and enjoying all the beauty and entertainment that Ithaca and the Finger Lakes region have to offer. Taughannock Falls State Park is just 2 minutes away. There are many nearby wineries and craftshops. The Hangar Theatre, Ithaca's renowned summer repertory theatre, is only a 5-minute drive away. Of course Cornell University and Ithaca College are right there too.
Concerned about privacy? There are 6 acres of level and rolling woods between the road and the modern house at the lake. And there are lots of trees between our house and the neighboring properties. It's an easy drive to the door of the house, and to the lake shore. There are just a few steps from the house to the water. And there are 2 docks and lots of lakefront there.
The house is bright, modern and has a spacious open living area as well as a fully equipped and outfitted kitchen. All of this opens onto the expansive lakeview porch and deck, with its truly therapeutic views of the lake. The main floor also includes 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms, one with a tub/shower and one with a walk-in shower. Beds include a queen, a twin, a 2-tier bunk bed, and -- on the lower level opening above ground on the lake side -- a pull-out sofa. The lower level includes a large family room.
There is a contract required, with rules for the house. Due to the relaxing, family oriented nature of our house, we DO NOT allow large parties (bachelor parties, college age friends, wedding receptions, graduation, reunions, etc.) Similarly we do not allow smoking, and absolutely NO PETS. (loss of security deposit if pets are found on the premises, inside or out) Please feel free to call us if you have any questions.
About the Owner
2 traveler reviews
Do not rent this cabin!!
Their ad is completely misleading. The cabin was dirty (dirty dishes in the dishwasher and cupboards, old food in the fridge, stained bedding), and it took us hours upon arrival to make it habitable. The "family room" is an unfinished basement that is so musty that the sofa sleeper is unusable. The promise of "kayaks, canoes, elliptical, treadmill, pingpong" is also misleading -- most of these items are either not there or in disrepair.
The owners are also extremely intrusive.They entered the cabin at least twice (!?!) while we were out. The first time was while we were at graduation, and then again the next day while we were visiting a winery. It was clear they touched our belonging and moved things around!!
On 3 of the 6 days we paid for "privacy on the lake," they hovered around the cabin and a smaller cabin on the same property, stating "you did not rent the small cabin." Even after I explained that they were making my family uncomfortable, they lingered for our entire graduation day party (I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the owner right outside the bathroom window, watering flowers). Then they returned the next day, and the next, hanging out at the smaller cabin and lurking around the bigger cabin where we were trying to have a relaxing family vacation.
Needless to say, the owners' creepy and constant intrusions during our stay made my entire family very uncomfortable. I considered 3 different Ithaca rental properties for this graduation celebration/family vacation, and I regret picking this one.
Deceptive Owners and Description
1. YELLOW stained mattress and many yellow stained pillows
2. Sticky kitchen floor
3. Boat lift is rusty and has an really old boat on it.
4. The "family room" they list is just a pull out sofa is an UNFINISHED BASEMENT (not fit for sleeping).
5. Dirty clothes in the hamper
6. I had to call to get them to return my security deposit. While they did return my security deposit it was not the full amount...they deducted a fee for cleaning...the house was spotless when we left.
7. They do not return phone calls or emails when questioned about not returning the full security deposit.
8. Though the house was fully stocked, it was cluttered and old.
9. I definitely would not recommend this house because of the owners deceit and embellished description.
10. DO NOT RENT FROM THESE OWNERS!!!!
Activity and Interests
* Gorgeous state parks with breathtaking waterfalls, gorges and hiking trails
* Cornell University has numerous attractions and activities throughoout the year.
* Renowned restaurants
* M.V. Columbia dinner cruise
* Charter fishing cruises
* Kayak rentals
* Bicycle rentals
* Antique shops
* Farmer's market
* Hangar Theatre
* Outlet malls and Go-Carting
* Ithaca Yacht Club Regattas
* The Museum Of The Earth
* Paleontological Research Institute
* Aerial sightseeing
$2000 per week after Memorial Day and until Labor Day.
$200 extra for Labor Day week.
$1600 per week in the Spring until May 15th or in the Fall starting September 8th.
$500 security deposit (refundable).
Weekly rental is from Saturday noon to Friday 2pm.
CORNELL AND ITHACA COLLEGE GRADUATION WEEKS During the graduation weeks of Cornell University (May 23-29, 2014) and Ithaca College (May 16-22, 2014), there are higher rates and weeks starting on Friday instead of Saturday. Please contact us for details.
The best way to contact us is by email. Please indicate the dates and the number of adults and children. Thank you!
- pets not allowed
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Wireless internet. Kayaks, canoe and life vests. Fully equipped kitchen including gas range, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, coffeemaker, pots and pans, dishes, cutlery and anything we could think you might need for your stay. The attached deck and porch are complete with deck furniture. Washer/dryer on lower level. Pingpong table, elliptical trainer, treadmill, and game table too. You provide the linens and we supply the blankets. You are responsible for cleaning before you leave.