House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Little Gasparilla Island is a wonderful hidden paradise off the beaten path accessable only by private boat or water taxi. There are no bridges or paved roads on the island, just charming romantic sand paths where the local residents travel by foot or by golf cart. Little Gasparilla Island is one of the barrier islands along Florida's southeast coast located just north of Boca Grande and about 20 miles north of Sanibel Island off Ft. Myers. It is less than 40 miles south of Sarasota.There are over 7 miles of pristine beach accessible along the Gulf of Mexico available for your pleasure, starting just a few hundred feet from the house. This provides wonderful romantic getaway walks for many couples and endless shelling opportunities for others.
Couldn't be more relaxing!Couldn't be more relaxing!
About the Owner
Being a Florida native and having grown up on the water fishing and boating my entire life this seemed like the perfect getaway to entertain family and friends.
Guestbook comments from the owner
A friend of mine in Chicago recommended I look for a nice warm weather place to get away to for some much needed peace and quiet after a long year of intense political madness helping support a politician friend of mine.
After some careful searching I came across, “Jena se qua kismet.” This is the most charming little cottage I have ever been too and it has made all the difference in my life; like nothing ever before and perhaps like nothing ever again. It is located on a small barrier island just north of the famous Boca Grande, (who’s little artsy town is within easy reach by boat.) Little Gasparilla Island is slightly remote in that there is no access to it by road, thus no cars or traffic. But it is easily accessible by a small ferry boat that runs to the island on a regular basis; and the ride over is about 10-15 minutes.
There wasn’t a day that I didn’t lay on the white sandy gulf beach, often falling asleep listening to the gentle waves creeping up on me. I never tired of the incredible sunsets or the variety of beach birds. I even walked the length of the island three times examining the beautiful shells and unique drift wood, (many made of uprooted Australian Pines). I rented the owner's golf cart and toured the island. I even attended the little church on Sunday morning, and it was a moving experience. Such nice friendly people. This world is so different than anything in Chicago! What a treat; and what a way to reset the mind and reexamine one’s future. Thank you Jena se qua kismet for an incredible new set of memories that will haunt me pleasantly for the rest of my life…
5 based on 4 traveler reviews
Couldn't be more relaxing!Couldn't be more relaxing!
A very special place
We went with friends and were all completely satisfied with the accommodations. It felt as if we were home. You have thought of every thing to make it very comfortable and cozy. Loved the outdoor fire pit and the view from the front porch , the only problem is fighting over who gets to sit on the wonderful porch swing!
We loved the boat dock as we brought our 23 foot privateer fishing boat and had a friend come by with their boat as well and we felt very comfortable docking them both.
We went fishing and had a blast, caught quite a variety of fish.
Loved the short walk to the beach and the beautiful sunrise and sunsets.
We will be making a trip back to your welcoming home just as soon as we can.
Thank you for all of your help and wonderful suggestions
Stunningly gorgeous island getaway
Who knew? What a spectacular find in Southwest FL
“Jena se qua kismet” is an incredibly beautiful place and it has everything and more of what we could want in a romantic winter get-a-way. The place was exactly as advertised and was immaculately clean upon our arrival. The owner had arranged for our private water taxi which included help with our luggage. There was even a baggage cart waiting for us at the dock. My husband is an avid fisherman and I am a beach walker and shell hunter so we knew this was our paradise. We saw dolphins in the Bay before we arrived and a Manatee on our last day. My husband saw Snook off the dock one evening and caught Redfish, Whiting, Spanish mackerel, Flounder a Spotted Sea trout, (but no Tarpon unfortunately).
The owner had prepared an information document of incredible value listing marinas, restaurants, deep sea fishing guides, boat rental places, golf courses, events and shopping for miles around. It offered the owner’s recommendations for such things as buying local crab, fine dining, and special places to visit or photograph.
We walked for miles most days along the Gulf beach and dunes, and rented a Golf Cart for the week at $250. It took us all over the island including to a little island church which was packed with interesting people. We found Little Gasparilla Island to be a very peaceful and private place where the residents are friendly and helpful. There are no roads on the island so we rode over romantic sandy pathways. We spotted turtles, lizards, crabs, armadillo, osprey and even a lone bob cat one evening.
We grilled out on the Bay deck every night eating our meals on the beautiful built-in octagon picnic table at the end of the long dock. There was always a refreshing evening breeze after each long hot day and we enjoyed chatting at the campfire as we roasted marshmallows and drank our wine with friends and family. It doesn’t get any better than this. We can’t wait to go back again!
From the Owner
“The peace and serenity found on this barrier island is unsurpassed. The tranquility of walking and/or shelling on an often deserted beach, listening to the surf and enjoying beautiful sunsets is beyond description. The private lighted dock makes it easy to check on your boat at all hours. The fishing in this area is unsurpassed. Reported to be 'The World's Greatest Tarpon Fishing' for over a century.”
Activity and Interests
Fishing, Golf, Boating, Photography, Island hopping, Shelling, Fine food, Adventure hikes and swims, Scuba, Historic museums, Romantic getaway, Sport Fishing is very big in the area and many professional guides are available. For those that like to get out, fine dining can be easily found by boat at several nearby places at locations on nearby Boca Grande and many marina access points. Also, night life, shopping, sightseeing. Endless events and activities are readily available in Boca Grande. Snook, Redfish, Pompano, Tarpon and many other species of fish abound and dolphins and manatees often frolic nearby.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 2 2014 - Apr 30 2016
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 5 guests; add $100 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $125.00
- Pet Fee $100.00
- Refundable damage deposit $500.00
Nightly Rate: $150
Weekly Rate: $1050
Monthly Rate: $4550
$160/ night for 2-night stays. Stays of 3-nights or more will be $150/ night. Stays run Sat to Sat in peak season but can be customized to meet mutual needs based on availability and booking. Longer stays of several weeks or months may be discounted higher.
Peak season is Nov 1 to Jul 1 - off season is Jul 2 to Oct 28
From the Owner
“This is a wonderfully peaceful and serene island with no commercialism whatsoever. A true gem away from honking horns and sirens. Often you will find yourself listening to the Osprey and watching dolphins and manatees swimming past the dock. Birdwatching is a highlight as well.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- coin laundry
- live theater
- recreation center
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- golf privileges optional
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- sound/bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 1500 sq. ft.
- 1 Bathroom,
- 1 Half Bath
- Gulf Master Bath - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, outdoor shower
- Newly renovated master bath inside. A large tile shower with dual shower heads. Washer and Dryer conveniently located here. There is also a spacious outdoor shower with an adjacent half bath with full privacy.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bay Master Bedroom - 1 king
- Tarpon Bedroom - 1 double
- Gulf Bedroom - 2 twin/ single
- Waterview Master Bdrm: Top of the line King pillow top mattress Middle Bdrm: Queen mattress Back Bdrm: 2 brand new twin top of the line pillow top mattresses, pillows, linens and custom bed covers All rooms have TV's
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- There is a wonderfully large family sized fire pit just off the middle of the dock near the shore which is great for fire side story telling and the roasting of marshmallows. The long dock is also great for just walking along to observe manatees and dolphins or for just sitting on at the end of the day. There is a built picnic table that seats 8 at the end of the dock which is perfect for having meals or for having a wine tasting. A sink with running water with a fish cleaning table is available for fisherman, as are high intensity Snook lights. The house is built on the Bay but the Gulf is only a few hundred feet away where swimming, shelling, playing in the sand and long walks around the island can be done. There are Satelite TV's in each of the 3 Bedrooms, each with their own VCR/DVD, and the same with the large HD Flat Screen TV in the main living room where a large sectional sofa provides a comfortable environment for watching TV, movies or just listening to one of the many Satelite music channels. There are two modern bathrooms and three comfortable bedrooms with full closets. The master bedroom has a King sized bed, queen bed in the middle bedroom and top of the line new twin beds and linens in the third bedroom. Easy private and secure payment by VISA or Bank Statement is available via PayPal invoice. This same method is used for immediate return of your security deposit after your stay. Pets are usually allowed by prior permission based on pet history and control. The kitchen is fully equipped including a toaster, coffee maker, dish washer, blender, filtered drinking water, microwave, silverware and all necessary pots and pans The property is easily accessed via a quick private water taxi. There is a large pantry for storage of your food stock. The home features full A/C throughout and there is a laundry area with a modern washer and dryer. There are three strategically located outside sand washoff showers for beach, bay or just hanging around the property.