The Wild Bunch River Ranch, LLC is a Colorado sportsperson's playground! We are ideally situated along a PRIVATE 1/2 mile stretch of the UNCOMPAHGRE RIVER, which is fishable year-round! We also feature a 3.2 acre PRIVATE STOCKED FISHING POND, along with a vast array of spectacular wildlife! We are ideally situated at the hub of some of the best activities in southwest Colorado.
Guests at the Wild Bunch River Ranch, LLC will personally enjoy the rustic elegance of their own private WESTERN SALOON AND BUNKHOUSE. Located pond-side and built in 2005, your unique accommodations were designed in the true spirit of the wild, wild, west with all the modern day comforts of home; yet staying here one senses that the old west has been kept alive and well!
The Floor Plan features a COWBOY SALOON and GAME HALL on the first level, which feels as authentic and relaxed as an old wrangler hanging out around the bar! The small, yet fully functional Kitchen features a full-size Dishwasher, a custom-designed Copper Prep Sink, a freestanding compact 4-burner Gas Range with Oven, a small Microwave Oven, an under-counter Bar Refrigerator w/Freezer, a Butler's Pantry with an additional small Refrigerator/Freezer, along with a much-desired 50 lb Automatic Ice Maker.
To further capture the eye and imagination of an era gone by, the WESTERN VICTORIAN DECOR is embellished with scarlet painted walls, black and gold velvet drapery and authentic brothel tokens permanently encased within the bar countertops. The call of the wild would not be complete without the COVERED FRONT PORCH with rocking chairs showcasing the vast variety of wildlife. And last but not least, a serene 3.2 acre STOCKED FISHING POND, which is just a cast away from your front porch!
After a ride on the PADDLE BOAT or the TANDEM KAYAK, guests might want to enjoy our SAND BEACH, visit our curious ALPACAS, walk along the various pathways throughout our 40-ACRE RANCH or hang out along the UNCOMPAHGRE RIVER waving at the white water rafters going by! During the winter months, guests will enjoy our ranch acreage for cross-country skiing and snow-shoeing. One of our many unique features is the proximity of the Uncompahgre River offering some of the finest YEAR-ROUND TROUT FISHING anywhere!
Back inside your lodging, guests will want to play a friendly game of AIR HOCKEY, DARTS, CHECKERS on our custom-designed checker table, or watch a show on the BIG-SCREEN TELEVISION.
The upstairs is just as playful with a fully-operational 'INDOOR-OUTHOUSE,' and select antique furniture recalls the history of a VICTORIAN PARLOR! Here you will also find a Book Table, along with the Sleeping Quarters, which consist of 4 Semi-Private Chambers, each with distinguishing western characteristics, and each featuring a Queen-Sized Bed, Alarm/Clock Radio, Fan, Mirror, and custom-built oversized pull-out drawers. If an additional bed is needed, the downstairs Game Hall offers a comfortable pull-out queen-sized sofa bed.
With all the RIVERS, LAKES, HOT SPRINGS, GOLF COURSES, MOUNTAINS, MESAS, VALLEYS and CANYONS to explore in and around our region, it's no wonder the area begs guests to be outside! Travelers visiting TELLURIDE, SILVERTON, OURAY and RIDGWAY will enjoy our close driving proximity to these top destinations, but also enjoy coming back to the lower elevation of Montrose.
So when the wilds of the west become irresistible and you are ready to rough it in style, consider a place that pays homage to the past and celebrates all the wilds of nature. Come to the Wild Bunch River Ranch, where guests have a sense of the great outdoors without having to pick pine needles from their soap!
**Be sure to check out our Facebook page: Wild Bunch River Ranch, LLC for hundreds of pictures and happenings! YOU DO NOT NEED A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT TO VIEW OUR PAGE - IT IS PUBLIC
ABOUT THE OWNERS:
Wild Bunch River Ranch, LLC's owner, Rick Owen is the President of AWARD-WINNING Owen Construction Company, Inc., known for their custom estate homes both in California and Telluride, Colorado. Previous AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS include: INC. MAGAZINE’S, “America’s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies,” 5-time Award/Recognition from, THE LOS ANGELES TIMES, “Annual Survey of Residential Builders in Southern California,” PROFESSIONAL BUILDER MAGAZINE’S, “Annual Report of Housing Giants,” and STEVEN’S WHOSE WHO, “America’s Best Run Companies.” Owen Construction’s Iron Mountain Lodge estate in Telluride, Colorado was featured on (HGTV) HOME AND GARDEN TELEVISION’S, “Fantasy Open House.” Additional credits include; set location for GAIAM’S HARMONY HOME CATALOGUE, the “Fall Spectacular Home Tour” by MOUNTAIN LIVING MAGAZINE, along with host estate%2
* Private Fishing / Rainbow, Cut-Throat and Brown Trout along our private stretch of the Uncompahgre River
* Blue Gill and Bass Fishing in our private 3.2 acre pond
* Paddle Boat or Kayak our pond
* Walking Trails along our 40 acre Ranch
* Visiting wildlife to our ranch include; moose, deer, elk, mountain lion, bear, beaver, raccoon, skunk, mink, Canadian Geese and a variety of colorful ducks!
* Golf / The Links at Cobble Creek, The Bridges (a Jack Nicklaus Design championship golf course), Montrose Black Canyon public course, Divide Ranch Golf Club. (all within 10 - 12 miles)
* Telluride / 55. 43 miles
* Ouray / 25.79 miles
* Ridgway / 16.31 miles
* Silverton / 48.79 miles
* Hot Springs / Orvis Hot Springs (17.25 miles), Chipeta's Solar Thermal pools (16.40 miles), Ouray Hot Springs (26.10 miles), The Wiesbaden Hot Springs (27 miles)
* Mountain Biking-Road Cycling / Montrose is cycling heaven! Whether you're looking for a challenging climb on a road bike, singletrack for your mountain bike, or just a cruise along quiet country roads, you'll find it here in Montrose. The City of Montrose has produced a Bike Routes, Parks and Trails Map of 7 favorite local rides. The Montrose riding map is available online google "City of Montrose" or local bike shops. Take off for a ride from your cabin!
* Hiking / There are many hiking trails near Montrose. The Black Canyon has a number of trails with spectacular views, Buckhorn Lakes and Ridgway State Park as well.
* Fishing - The Uncompahgre River (on-site and boasts excellent year-round fishing), Ridgway State Park Reservoir (9.91 miles), Buckhorn Lakes (just up the road from us), The Gunnison River - with some of the finest trout fishing and carries the "Gold Medal Waters" signature , the San Miguel River, the Cimmaron River
* Hunting - Tens of thousands of acres of public land. We are located within Hunt Area 65, known for its Trophy Mule Deer. Across the Highway from us is Hunt Area 62. We are a short drive from Hunt Area 61 and 70
* Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park / (26.86 miles) The canyon is 2,700 feet deep and 48 miles long. Offers fishing, hiking, rock climbing, horseback riding, nature walks, pontoon boat tours, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing.
* Ghost Towns and Gold Camps / Imogene Pass (Ouray to Telluride)
* Skiing / at Telluride Ski Resort, at Powderhorn Mountain Resort, at Silverton Mountain, at Crested Butte Mountain Resort, at Wolf Creek Ski Area, at Purgatory/Durango Mountain Resort,
* Rafting - ranging from mild to wild! RIGS FLY SHOP rafts our Uncompahgre River and goes right by our ranch!
* Hot Air Ballooning in Ridgway
* Montrose Skate Park - Baldridge Community Park / Over 15,000 square feet of bowls, drops and an in-line skating rink all designed by a former professional skateboarder.
* Montrose BMX Complex / From April through October race season is in full swing.
* Horseback Riding - several outfitters in our area
* Montrose Antique Trail / plenty of shopping!
* Magic Circle Theater Montrose
* Montrose Downtown / with shops, restaurants, galleries and more
* Main in Motion / Summertime's premier event with artisans, musicians, farmers, merchants, restaurants. Thursday nights from June to August in Downtown Montrose (10 miles)
* Ute Indian Museum and Ouray Memorial Park / One of the few musuems in the country devoted solely to one tribe: the Ute people of western Colorado (9 miles)
* Montrose County Historical Museum / Located at the former Denver & Rio Grande Railroad Depot. With a focus on early pioneer life; furnished log cabins, vintage farm machinery and other displays Open mid-May through mid-October. (13.6 miles)
* Museum of the Mountain West / holds more than 500,000 Old West artifacts dating from 1880 to 1930. Complete with a recreated Western town; saloon, drugstore, doctor's office and many more storefronts. Open Year Round (17.4 miles)
* Cimarron Railroad Exhibit / restored Locomotive 278 sits on an 1882 Denver & Rio Grande trestle - the last remaining structure from the former Black Canyon Route of the Rio Grande Narrow Gauge. (11.6 miles)
* Montrose Farmers Market / Every Sat. 8:30am - 1pm, (May 12 - Oct 27), Wednesday 8:30 - 1PM (July to Sept)
* Public Art Experience (PAX) / Locally-made sculptures on the streets of downtown Monrose
* Aquatic Center / off