House, 3 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Beautiful fully furnished and equipped vacation home with great views on the Sunset side of Seneca Lake.
Conveniently close to everything that you want to explore or visit in the Finger Lakes. The roomy 1600 square foot interior of this old farmhouse has new modern paint, updated vanities, new BeautyRest mattresses and gorgeous refinished hardwood floors throughout. You'll enjoy taking in the stunning lake views from the large enclosed front porch, the living area, front bedroom or from one of the seating areas outside in the large acre yard. Pictures don't do justice for the wonderful views, beautiful rooms or ample size of the house. Great mix of old and new decor as well as furnishings.
Picnic table, hammock and bench as well as other portable seating for outdoor use.
Pets considered on a case by case. No smoking in the house.
Great vacation home
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We receive many bookings outside of vacationrentals.com and leave a Feedback form for our guests; here is a short summary of some our guests comments this summer:
- "We had a great stay this week and the house overall fit our needs. We would consider staying again at the house if we return to the area in the future."
- "We absolutely enjoyed our stay here, would not hesitate to book again or refer anyone to stay here! Thanks for a wonder vacation at the Finger Lakes!"
- "Thank you so much. We had a wonderful time! Everything was great and we loved your home."
- "Everything was great! The house was much bigger than I had anticipated, which was a nice surprise. We would consider staying here again. Thanks, we had a great time!"
- "We enjoyed ourselves very much. My children n grandkids enjoyed themselves tremendously. I will keep in touch. Hopefully you will keep renting it."
- "We enjoyed your home and would stay again. We were pleasantly surprised at how well stocked the house is. You have a done a beautiful job with the remodel - love how you kept the feel of the "old" house (glass door knobs) and blended in the new. Nicely decorated."
5 based on 8 traveler reviews
Great vacation home
Great Place, cannot wait to return in 2015
Quiet comfort with beautiful view
A Great Read
The House on the Hill sits just a mile or two from downtown Watkins Glen and the beautiful, natural gorge (State Park) that should not be missed while visiting this quant town. A short drive in the other direction leads you to plenty of wineries w/ live music and restaurants. A perfectly located 'home-base' for day tripping the lake and all it has to offer. We had great weather...but, this home would also be a good place to spend a rainy day. We hope to revisit The Home on the Hill again and surely would recommend this comfortable, immaculately clean home to our friends.
It has turned out to be a great location for family and/or friends to reunite to spend quality time together; visiting the raceway, wineries, great restaurants, go antiquing, enjoy the beach, the gorge, trailwalks or just take in the views from "home" getting caught up on life.
We've applied our own significant travel experiences to our getaway home and it seems to have given us what we needed to offer a true home away from home. If we can keep it going and grow our guestlist, maybe we can also improve the "cover" of this 114 year old "book" someday;)
Prefect Hideaway with a View
Being Floridians, we were worried about being chilly, but the home kept its warmth very well and we were nice and cozy the whole time.
Its only a minute from downtown Watkins Glen and the view is fantastic. The two deer that visited us the second day was icing on the cake (oh, right and getting married).
And the owners are genuinely nice, caring people and were very accommodating. We hope to come back again next year.
Cornell Graduation Week Stay!
rental absolutely awesome and affordable! Other VRBOs in the area charged
triple the going rate due to graduation, not this one. The commute to
Cornell/Ithaca is a 30 minute scenic drive that we thoroughly enjoyed for
several days in a row. I don't know when the house was built but it maintains
its 100 year (?) history combined with wonderful renovations and upgrades
(up-to-date bathrooms, dishwasher, washer & dryer.) The view of Seneca lake
(and sunset) from the dining room, living room, upstairs bedroom and huge
wrap-around porch is awesome. The rental is super well stocked and clean. The beds are comfy. There are plenty of warm comforters and lots of towels.
Watkins Glen, 2 miles away, has a Wal-Mart for grocery shopping, a health food
store "Good Groceries", excellent restaurants and the Gorge hike at Watkins
Glen State Park - complete with 19 waterfalls that you should not miss! We want to come back.
Activity and Interests
Located near Seneca Lake beaches, boat cruises/rentals, Watkins Glen International Raceway, shopping, restaurants, the waterfalls at Watkins Glen State Park, Seneca Wine Trail and so much more. Also not far from Ithaca which offers Cayuga Lake with an additional Wine Trail as well as home to Cornell University, Ithaca College, Farmers Market, Shopping Mall, Antique Malls and more. Also very close to Elmira, Horseheads and Corning. This is a great central location to the Finger Lakes Region.
Bring your boat and enjoy the large lake with all it's glory.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 22 2015 - Sep 7 2015
2 night minimum stay
Sep 8 2015 - Nov 1 2015
2 night minimum stay
Nov 2 2015 - Dec 31 2015
2 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $300.00
- Pet Fee $50.00
$300 deposit is required to hold the dates and is returned within a few days of check out; once inspected for damages and/or excessive cleaning.
All stays require 2 night minimum.
(Certain occasions and holidays may require minimum 3 night stay or longer)
We offer a monthly rate (4 weeks); just contact us for a quote
From the Owner
“Nice private house and setting with no one to bother you during your stay. Can't beat the views as mentioned, but also with plenty of outdoor furniture to put where you want on the property and a charcoal grill on wheels, you can enjoy the views as well as the nice yard. The bedrooms are all on the 2nd floor, but there is only 3 steps down to get into the house.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- Lake View
- Monument View
- Mountain View
- Water View
- autumn foliage
- coin laundry
- live theater
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- hunting small game
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- roller blading
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 1600 sq. ft.
- 1 Bathroom,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 1
- Half Bathroom
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Deck / Patio ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- * Fully stocked kitchen (dishes, pans, microwave, toaster, coffeemaker, dishwasher,etc) as well as wine glasses and cork screw for when you return from the Wine Trail. * Sleeping 6, the three clean attractive nice size bedrooms include two queens and one full bed; for your comfort they are made up and ready for your arrival. Not only includes dressers, but have solar shades, lamps, clocks, pillows, linens and blankets. All bedrooms have a chair for your convenience and the full bedroom has a TV/DVD player. * Towels are supplied for the 1.5 bathrooms. * Dining room, living room and enclosed porch all accomodate seating 6. * Cable TV in the living room and free wireless internet works everywhere on the property. * Outdoors: Charcoal grill. Picnic table in the perfect place out on the hill; as well as a hammock and a bench in the shade. Located in Burdett, just 2 miles from Watkins Glen, 0.5 miles to Seneca Wine trail, 1.5 miles to the beach, 6.5 miles to Watkins Glen International Raceway and 24 miles to Ithaca. Full service convenience store just up the road with gas, pizza, sandwiches and those items you forgot. Very little cleaning is required of our guests. Almost everything is taken care of for you at no additional charge, allowing you more time to enjoy the area and your down time.