Studio, 1 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 3 Sleeps
This romantic and beautiful studio apartment (formerly known as 'Le Diamant') has been freshly designed and renovated with the utmost attention to detail. Located on a quiet one-way street which was made famous by the hit movie “Le Fabuleux Destin d’Amelie Poulain” (yes that Amelie!), it promises you a stay to remember.
As a very spacious studio, the apartment is well laid-out to feel very large, but still cozy for a romanatic getaway. From the high-security front door, one enters into a small foyer, which connects to both the bathroom and the bedroom area. The comfortable queen-sized bed (which can become 2 single beds), is framed with ample storage space. High quality linens adorn the bed. The bedroom area can be separated from the living room by drawing a heavy decorative curtain, to span the width of the apartment -- great for additional family or friends using both sleeping spaces.
Beyond the main sleeping area is the living room and a luxurious sofa bed, above which is a magnificent map of ancient Paris. We don’t recommend that you use this map to plan your site-seeing route, but it is fun to try, nevertheless!
Opposite the sofa and fitting quite well into the apartment’s striking black and ivory color scheme, is a professional Yamaha black gloss piano, available for use by beginners and virtuosi alike. Above the piano is the flat screen television and DVD player to make your downtime more enjoyable with lots of fun Parisien DVDs to watch. The television comes with cable access to over 100 channels, including CNN and BBC World.
The kitchen has been created so that you can do as much or as little cooking as you would like. With a low profile four-burner stove, a full sized oven, separate microwave, and refrigerator with freezer compartment, there is little in the way of culinary creation that can’t be accomplished here. All the necessary utensils, plates, bowls and flatware are at your disposal. As with Paris itself, you are limited only by your imagination!
From the entrance foyer, on the right is a laundry closet, which houses a washer dryer combination as well as a separate drying rack, ironing board and iron.
Opposite the front door is the large bathroom, with toilet, full sized tub and shower with rainfall showerhead. A vanity and medicine cabinet provide space for your toiletries as well as the ample supply of fluffy towels that are provided for your use.
Staying connected will be easy from 'Romantique Montmartre', with free WiFi internet access and unlimited free telephone calls to over 70 countries, including the U.S., Canada and Australia.
Keywords: Apartment, flat, studio, luxury, romantic
Luxury AND Location!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We stayed over NYE 2014 to bring in the new year Paris style and we thought to try Montmartre and this studio apartment, beautifully decorated and sensible layout meant this small but cozy studio was perfect for a few nights in Paris and what impressed us further was the location, just off the streets of Montmartre, lots of small bars, restaurants, Sacre Coeur, little Parisian shops, Artist Square and close to the Metro (15mins to the Champs Elysees) made this the perfect location in Paris! The apartment is clean, warm, and very cosy and they offered multiple french themed DVD's to watch at night which was great! Also the owners are fantastic and very helpful and we actually left our iPhone after locking up and returning the key :( but they were so great and mailed it to us in England, would definitely stay again!) [The original 5 star review from the guests was entered on our other site - flipkey.com, listing # 977640]
4.9 based on 8 traveler reviews
Luxury AND Location!
Lovely Parisian Apartment
Beautifully Decorated and Thoughtfully Equipped
Cleaning and a change of linens every week were included in the rent. The greeter was at the door when I arrived so everything went off flawlessly. I enjoyed the Café Bruant on Des Abbesses. We also went to the Moulin Rouge which was walkable.
Activity and Interests
The Area Around 'Romantique Montmartre'
This is the Montmartre we know as depicted in the movie 'Amelie Poulain.' In fact, the corner market she visited is just down the street! And even though a few cars do go down this charming street, it's just about as quiet a spot in Paris as you can find.
The imposing Sacré Coeur (La Basilique du Sacré Coeur de Montmartre) is just a short walk away, as is the artists' square, Place du Tertre, the Montmartre Cemetery (Cimetière de Montmartre), Le Moulin Rouge and the only working vineyard in Paris. In the immediate vicinity are numerous cafés, restaurants and quaint drinking spots.
Montmartre is a hill which claims to be the location at which the Jesuit order of priests was founded and the home to many famous artists who had studios there -- such as Salvador Dalí, Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso and Vincent van Gogh. At the end of the 19th-century, the area developed into a center of free-wheeling and decadent entertainment. Here is where was (and still is) the popular cabaret, the Moulin Rouge, and at Le Chat Noir, artists, singers and performers regularly appeared including Yvette Guilbert, Marcelle Lender, Aristide Bruant, La Goulue, Georges Guibourg, Mistinguett, Fréhel, Jane Avril, Damia and others.
Montmartre is an officially designated historic district with limited development allowed in order to maintain its historic and romantic character. A funicular railway, the Funiculaire de Montmartre, operated by RATP, ascends the hill from the south while the 'Montmartrobus' circles the hill.
The Abbeses Métro is just a few minutes walk from the apartment along with several buses. There is no shortage of wonderful neighborhood bistros, markets, boutiques and amenities of all kinds.
This is a very special corner of Paris with a special ambiance all its own that will seduce you, no doubt!
- Nightly Rate: €129 - €165
Weekly Rate: €840 - €900
Monthly Rate: €2000 - €2400
* Year round availability
* REGULAR RATES: 129 - 165 EU/Nite; 840-900 EU/week; 2000-2400EU/month
* RATES ARE FULLY INCLUSIVE of all taxes, wifi, utilities, exit cleaning, bathroom and kitchen supplies
* Rates during low season(November 1-December 22, January 5-February 29) = 129 euros
* Rates Rates during mid season (March 1-October 31) = 139 euros
* Rates during high season (December 23-January 4)= 165 euros
* 4 Night Minimum Stay (3 night stays available but with additional laundry surcharge)
- pets not allowed
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3
- Bedroom 1
- * Bedroom * Very comfortable queen size bed which can be easily converted into two separate single beds * Double Sleep Sofa, also very comfortable (yes truly!) * Bathroom * Full American size bath tub * rainhead shower * modern vanity cabinets with ample storage * handpainted bathroom tiles * bathroom scales * hairdryer * Kitchen & Dining * Kitchen: 4 hotplates under modern glass top, range hood plus everything else you need. * Cooking Utensils: Everything's there, including basic condiments, coffee, tea etc. * Dishwasher * Refrigerator * Microwave * Full oven * Granite top breakfast bar * Other Amenities * Clothes Dryer: Dryer combined with washer. * Linens Provided: Fresh Luxury Linens and fluffy towels. * Washing Machine: Washer in the unit. * Entertainment * Professional black polished Yamaha upright piano, with additional “silence”/headphone mechanism for “after hours” playing. * Music Library: Everything there from classical, jazz, french classics, mood music etc. * Satellite / Cable: Access to over 100 channels, including CNN and BBC World. * DVD Library: Great selection for a quiet evening at home. * DVD Player * CD Player * Communications * Free Long Distance : Free calls to over 70 countries including cell phones including Australia, Canada and the U.S. * Wireless Broadband: Complimentary access * Telephone