Booking now for summer 2015!!
Our family get-a-way is located directly on Lake Huron and is 3 minutes from Mackinaw City. The home boasts a beautiful view of Mackinac Island, Round Island and Bois Blanc Island. Our furnished home is about 1,200 sq ft and has all the amenenties of a home away from home, including 3 bedrooms, a modern kitchen and bathroom, a large open living room area and a large deck. It includes a dishwasher, microwave, coffee pot, other small kitchen appliances, washer and dryer, satellite tv, WIFI and DVD player. This is a smoke free home. Pets may be considered.
The house sleeps 6-7 people comfortably, with 2 queen beds, 1 futon and twin bunk beds. There is also a baby playyard crib and a highchair available. The house sits on about a half acre of land with 100 foot of frontage directly on Lake Huron. There is a large deck, grill and firepit and lots of room to relax in the yard. The beach area is a mix of sand and rock and is shallow water for quite a ways out. There is also a natural wetland between the house and the beach that welcomes many species of birds and other small animals.
Here's what our guests have said about their stay:
'We had a great time, and your home is very clean.' (IL Family, 2014)
'This rental is fantastic! The view and location are excellent! Had a beautiful Week.' (Mi Family, 2014)
'A very nice home in a beautiful setting! (IL Family, 2014)
'Thanks for sharing your beautiful cottage with us! We had a great time.' (Mi Family, 2014)
'Beautiful lake house! Beautiful view! Thanks!' (Mi couple, 2013)
'Thank you for the use of your beautiful lake house. We had such a great time. Our girls absolutely loved the water and the bunk beds! We look forward to visiting again next year!' (Mi family, 2013)
'You have a beautiful home here to enjoy the lake. Thank you for letting us enjoy and share it!' (Mn family, 2013)
'Thank you for welcoming our family into your lake house. Everything was great and we greatly appreciated the welcome basket. You have a lovely home! Thank you for your hospitality! (Il family, 2013)
'We had the best time! Your house is close to everything - yet it feels very up north! Thank you for making your home ours for a great vacation full of memories!' (Mi family, 2013)
'We really enjoyed our stay in your beautiful home. It was the perfect size and location for our family of six.' (Mi family, 2012)
'We were visiting our family in Michigan, and loved staying at your lovely cottage by the water.' (Germany family, 2012)
'Thank you so much for letting us use your home for our vacation.....it was such a nice home in a really relaxing setting.' (Mi couple, 2012)
'Our family had so much fun during our stay...the kids loved the tire swing, the nightly campfires and playing in the sand and water.' (Mi family, 2012)
* Take a ferry to Mackinac Island
* Hike/bike on the North Central Rails to Trails - across the street from the house
* Swim, canoe, kayak, paddleboat and fish in Lake Huron
* Relax around the campfire
* Explore the shops and restaurants in Mackinaw City or go to the movies – buy some fudge
and taffy or stay for the nightly video light show
* Concerts in the park every Saturday night – near the Marina in Mackinaw City
* Tour the Coast Guard Cutter Maritime Museum in Mackinaw City
* Fish off the state dock and fishing pier in Mackinaw City
* Take the kids to historic Mill Creek Discovery Park near Mackinaw City (rock wall, trails, mill demonstrations, zip line and more)
* Casinos in St. Ignace (20 minutes away) and Petoskey (40 minutes away)
* Garlyn Zoo in the UP (30 minutes away) - they have black bears too!
* Putt putt golf in Mackinaw City with the family or golf at the many area golf courses!
* Scenic Taquenemon Falls, Pictured Rocks, Sault Ste. Marie Locks and the White Fish Bay area in the UP (day trips)
- Many area lighthouses
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
6 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Guests may pay by check or money order.
Weekly Rate: $1200 - $1400
Weekly rentals only - $1400 week for 7 nights or $1200 for 6 nights - Flexible weekend arrival/departure. Weekly rental preferred.
Required: completed, signed rental contract; conditionally-refundable damage deposit; non-refundable advance payments
Bring your own: groceries, supplies, toiletries, and beach towels
INCLUDED in rate:sales tax, fresh linens on beds upo