The Eagle's Nest aka THE NEST...relaxing, comfortable and convenient. You will want to spend your vacation in the middle of the north Georgia mountains. It is nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, or as we like to call them..."the hills". It is the perfect place to enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, nearby antique stores and quaint shops or just kick back and relax. You will find wildlife of all descriptions along with the stocked fishing pond for year round enjoyment.
THE NEST is located inside The Coosawattee River Resort (CRR), accessed by paved roads through the Eagle Mountain Drive gate entrance off of 382. As soon as you're in the gates, you will be taken from the busy hustle, bustle and woes of traveling to a beautiful, tranquil setting in just minutes. While THE NEST cannot boast of mountain views, inside the boundaries of CRR, you will find views, beautiful amenities, relaxing parks, camping sites and much, much more. Here you can experience all of the beauty of all four seasons, each with its own personality and climate. With so much to offer, you may not want to leave but that would also mean you would miss out on what is available on the “outside”.
With the relaxed decor, three bedrooms and two baths, you will be able to appreciate a comfortable night’s sleep on the master bedroom’s king size bed. There is also a day bed in bedroom #2, as well as a queen size bed in bedroom #3. Accomodations are for five people, including children. Kitchen table sits four with additional seating at a kitchen bar.
A minimal supply of toilet paper, paper towels & hand soap is available for when you arrive. You will need to purchase or bring a supply for the remainder of your stay as well as ALL PERSONAL ITEMS & TOILETRIES.
* NO SMOKING
* NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
* DOGS ALLOWED - MAX 2. 30 lbs or under. Cost: $25 TOTAL. Crate, water & food bowl is available at property for one.
For additional pictures and information, visit thenest-ellijay.blogspot. Com.
RESERVATION MUST BE MADE ATLEAST TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL.
* Apple Festival: Annually, the 2nd & 3rd weekends of October; Apple Capital of Georgia
* Carters Lake Harris Branch Rec Area: Beach & Swimming
* Carters Lake Marina (boat rental available)
* Coosawattee River Tubing (available through The Eagle Mountain General Store)
* Blue Ridge, GA
* Dahlonega, GA
* Gibbs Gardens, Ballground, GA
* Cohutta Wilderness
* Cartecay, Ellijay & Coosawattee Rivers
* Amicalola State Park (Appalachian Trail begins & waterfall).
* Chatanooga, TN
* Nearby public golf courses
* Georgia Aquarium (downtown Atlanta*only 90 minute drive)