House, 4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 8 Sleeps
Check out our other property as well: http://www.vacationrentals.com/listing/p7118129
All Reservation Confirmations Include The Following:
* Rental Rate (3 Day Minimum, 1 Week or 1 Month)
* Reservation Processing
* Standard Departure Cleaning
Additional / Optional Fees:
* Excessive cleaning fee - $200.00 - $500.00
* Pet Fee - $100.00 per pet / stay / month
* Pet related damages post departure (additional)
* Garage / Storage rental - $100.00 / stay / month
* Excessive Utility Charges - Variable per stay
* There is a 4 car garage on-site available for storage - very useful if you're moving across country. We also have a couple of personal items in storage in the garage. These items would stay as well.
This is it – look no further! Our home is a wonderful example of historic downtown Phoenix. We welcome you to enjoy the comfort of our fully equipped historic beautiful single-family home in one of the nicest historic districts of downtown Phoenix. Built in 1944 with all the modern touches of home, our vacation home is fully revamped. The house alone is 1,600 sq ft., with an additional 400 sq ft guest house.
Our home is on a large, well-maintained 9,854 sq ft lot with luscious mature trees in the front yard, and beautiful desert landscaping in the back yard. There are three furnished spacious bedrooms, private yet open floor plan. The Arizona bedroom wouldn't be complete without the three sets of French doors leading to the patio and outdoor lap pool.
The outdoor pool deck/patio is perfect for relaxing, morning coffee, barbecues or lounging out by the luscious sparkling lap pool. The guest house acts as the perfect hide away studio or accommodations for visitors or in-laws!
About the Owner
Born and raised in Phoenix, AZ. Went to Brophy College Prep for high school. Attended Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott, AZ for two years. Graduated from DeVry University with a BS in Electronics Engineering. I've been self-employed for the past 7 years now and loving every minute of it!
From the Owner
“Location! Location! Location! Besides location, we take great pride in all of the properties we own. We have weekly pool service, weekly lawn service, make sure the property has a major yearly cleanup and is very presentable.”
Activity and Interests
Located just 0.3 miles from the light rail there’s so much to experience in downtown Phoenix, and within just a few miles of our home.
From the Heard Museum – the country’s leading Native American museum – to Adventure Island, an amusement park within Encanto Park that’s designed with children in mind, downtown Phoenix is a superb place to vacation.
Visit the Arizona Science Center or take in an Arizona Diamondbacks or Phoenix Sun’s game downtown. Visit the Phoenix Art Museum or one of the many downtown theater venues.
Take a morning walk to Starbuck’s or an early afternoon walk – after floating in our lap pool – for lunch at Chipotle, Five Guys or Pei Wei. Many favorite restaurants and fine dining establishments are within a few minutes walking distance of the Mariposa residence!
The residence is close to Downtown ASU, golf, shopping, the Pointe Tapatio Cliffs, close to the stadiums, the Arizona Biltmore and the Esplanade.
We are centrally located and a great place to stay if you are coming for the spring training games – or if you want to disappear off the grid to explore Sedona, the Grand Canyon, or one of the many other natural wonders. Arizona has more National Monuments than any other U.S. State! So be sure to check out one of the National Parks or Monuments that Arizona has to offer!
Many people who’ve moved to Phoenix call it paradise, and we think they are right! Come and experience Phoenix and our home for yourself, trust us you won't want to vacation anywhere else!
We look forward to having you as our guest!
Some upcoming events include:
PHOENIX CONVENTION CENTER EVENTS
NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES
THURS, FEBRUARY 28, 2014 thru SUNDAY, MARCH 3, 2014
PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY
And, of course, the SUPERBOWL - Feb. 1, 2015
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 7 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $100
- Refundable damage deposit $5,000
- Property Damage Protection $89
- Garage / Storage Rental $100
- Excessive Cleaning Fee $200
We will need a completed rental agreement, payment in full for your initial stay, plus confirmation of purchasing Property Damage Protection to confirm your stay. Upon moving forward, we will e-mail you a link to purchase the Property Damage Protection policy. After we receive all three, we will mark the dates as "unavailable" on our public calendar as you will have those dates.
From the Owner
“It's a historic house. It was built in 1946. With that being said, it has all of the modern conveniences, including hard wired Ethernet / internet access in every room, as well as WiFi across the property. We have a keyless entry / security system, so it's very simple to move in and be safe. Upon arrival, you'll receive a code to get in. Very simple.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Fireplace ...
- Garage ...
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- Mountain View
- botanical garden
- coin laundry
- live theater
- recreation center
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- equestrian events
- ice skating
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- roller blading
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 2000 sq. ft.
- 3 Bathrooms
- Hallway Bathroom - toilet, combination tub/shower, tub, shower
- Master Bathroom - toilet, combination tub/shower, tub, shower
- Studio Bathroom - toilet, shower
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Southwest - 1 queen
- Northwest - 1 double
- Master - 1 king
- Detached Studio - 1 queen
- Deck / Patio ...
- Golf ...
- Lawn / Garden
- Tennis ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- You are immediately immersed into an authentic Arizona home the moment you walk into the house. The color scheme compliments the crossbreed of urban city and desert oasis life in a beautiful blend of history and culture, complete with a decorative fireplace in the spacious living room. The upgraded vintage style kitchen is fully equipped to meet all your homemaker needs with brand new flooring, new stainless appliances, upgraded counter tops and interior painting. No need to fret about weather concerns as the A/C and heating is regularly serviced, making our home perfect year-round! Beautifully renovated from the inside out. We believe you’ll experience the same relaxation and enjoyment that we do when you come to stay! LIVING ROOM: Completely furnished with Sofa, Love Seat, Upholstered Chair, Lamps, End Tables, Tasteful Artwork and Decorator Items. Also included is a 32' Vizio Smart TV for your NetFlix enjoyment. FRONT BEDROOM: Tastefully decorated with Double Bed and Linens, Dresser, Nightstand, Desk & Chair, Decorator Items, Lamps and More. HALL BATHROOM: Bathroom is stocked with luxurious bath towels and decorated with beautiful bathroom accessories. BACK BEDROOM: The Master Bedroom is furnished with a lovely Queen size iron headboard/footboard, complete with linens and pillows. There is also a Queen dresser, matching mirror, night stand and attractive area rug and decorator items. MASTER BEDROOM:: This room is furnished with a King Size bed, IKEA Dresser/Cabinets, several easy chairs, a luxurious oriental rug and gorgeous decorator items and accessories. MASTER BATHROOM: The Master Bathroom is stocked with luxurious towels and decorated with beautiful bathroom accessories. LAUNDRY ROOM: The indoor laundry room is equipped with a washer and dryer for your convenience. KITCHEN / DINING AREA: The Kitchen / Dining area is furnished with a modern table with four chairs, and the cupboards are equipped with everything you will need for up to eight guests, including dishes, pots & pans, silverware, glasses, and more! There is also a wine refrigerator and nice decorator items to round out the upgraded, newly remodeled kitchen! OUTSIDE: The outside of the house, which is where you'll want to be to enjoy our beautiful weather, is furnished with modern, comfortable patio furniture for your use and delight. There is a full size lap pool as well. The lap pool has a motorized cover which doubles as a safety precaution as well as warms the pool during the cooler months. The lap pool is not heated. There is no hot tub currentl.