2 bedrooms, Office, 1 full bath, sleeps 6
In the very heart of Downtown Ann Arbor, you will be only steps away from countless conveniences, shopping, and the best dining Ann Arbor has to offer. Attending a University of Michigan Football game? Walk there. Going out to a nice dinner or cocktails? Walk there. Visiting a student at U of M? You guessed it... walk! Everything is right outside your door. All the comforts of home can be found in this first floor duplex apartment. Full kitchen, living room, two bedrooms, a full bathroom, AND and amazing office space to accomplish any task that business demands. Fax/Copier/Printer. Monitor, keyboard, phone and large desk. Park your car and stay awhile!
Bellanina Day Spa & Spa Amenities: Bellanina Day Spa & Gift Boutique is a sister company, located in downtown Ann Arbor. Bellanina Day Spa is an award winning Spa with the finest services in skin care, massage and nail services, steam rooms, whirlpool hydrotherapy and a gift boutique. Just mention you are a Guest at the Guest House when booking your appointment and receive a free Steam shower when you purchase a massage or skin care service, Tuesday - Thursday. www.bellaninadayspa.com 734 327 1000
Great location for urban visit
About the Owner
My life is ruled by my dog, Ling-Ling. I never thought a 5 pound dog could have such power over me! When I am not playing with her, I am busy running 3 Guest Houses in Ann Arbor, and being Co-Owner of Bellanina Day Spa (4 blocks from this location) or Bellanina Institute (located on the first floor of the Kerrytown location). I travel a lot teaching a wonderful anti-aging technique called Bellanina Facelift Massage, to massage therapists, estheticians at spas and resorts around the country. I call North Carolina mountains my home but travel back and forth to Ann Arbor, enjoying my time in one of my three Bellanina Guest Houses. What a life!
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had an absolutely great time! Thank you for everything. You have created a wonderful space, we were so comfortable and truly enjoyed ourselves. We are already talking about coming again some time! :)
Thank you & Take Care,
4.4 based on 10 traveler reviews
Great location for urban visit
Excellent place to stay in Ann Arbor
This rental met our every need.
Communication with the owner was timely and she was helpful. I would not hesitate to stay here again.
Super convenient, pleasant guest house!
Disappointing accomodations and cleanliness
- Significant mold in the bathroom, particularly on the tiles in the shower and on the ceiling
- Shower mat was extremely dirty and when lifted revealed excessive mold
- Shower curtains did not appear to have been cleaned any time recently
- Shower rod, and main bedroom bed had significant rust
- Significant dust throughout the unit
- Dish drying rack was rusted out in kitchen
- Kitchen utensils were not at a cleanliness level we felt comfortable eating from
- Coffee maker had not been cleaned prior to arrival
- Toaster oven had not been cleaned and had leftover breadcrumbs in it
- Kitchen trash bin had wet garbage residue under bag
- Not all lightbulbs were working in the unit
- One closet had half of its door missing
- The two windows with air conditioning units in them did not lock, making the property feel not very secure for a first floor unit in the downtown area
- Computer station in the office did not have an HDMI cable for the monitor, making it only work with older laptops
- Yard was unkempt
All of these deficiencies were particularly surprising since we had been charged for mid-stay housecleaning and move-out housecleaning. However the mid-stay housecleaning lasted for fewer than 90 minutes and the cleaner did not even replace the bathrobes or towels because 90 minutes is not long enough to do a complete laundry load. The cleaning overall was subpar for the price.
Prior to booking the stay we were told that a self-serve Laundromat was nearby, but only after booking were we given the list and realized that there was no Laundromat within walking distance. We ended up having to rent a car to get to a Laundromat - an unexpected extra expense.
Overall we would not recommend this property, and were disappointed we had booked two stays that were prepaid . We would not have returned for the second stay if it had not been prepaid.
Cute place to stay in AA
From the Owner
“I lived in this property back in the 90's and mentioned a few years later, to the landlord, that it would make a great Bellanina Guest House. He offered it to me in the Spring of 2012 and I got busy pulling it together. It is a work in progress. I love staying here and remembering the 'good 'ol days' when I would dart in and out of my apartment enjoying the fun filled life of living right in the middle of town.”
Activity and Interests
In the very heart of Downtown Ann Arbor, you will be only steps away from countless conveniences, shopping, and the best dining Ann Arbor has to offer. Attending a University of Michigan Football game? Walk there. Going out to a nice dinner or cocktails? Walk there. Visiting a student at U of M? You guessed it... walk! Everything is right outside your door. All the comforts of home can be found in this first floor apartment. Full kitchen, living room, two bedrooms, a full bathroom, AND and amazing office space to accomplish any task that business demands. Park your car and stay awhile!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Housekeeping per 2 beds $65.00 + Tax
- Tax Rate 6.0%
Event rates for Art Fair, holidays (3 day max event rate chg) and U of M events such as Graduation, Parents week, sporting events incur an additional charge of $25 per person per night.
In addition, rates are based on 4 person occupancy. Over 4 persons, there is a $25 per day charge for each person, up to 7.
From the Owner
“Everything is within a 5 block walk, U of M, Main Street, Kerrytown! Okay, walking to the Stadium takes a few more blocks to get there. Having a parking space in town is a big plus if you think you need a car. Teeming life on the streets on the other side of your front door.”
- Sports & Activities
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access
- Ceiling Fans
- Computer Available ...
- Dialup Access
- Filtered Water
- Free Local Calls
- Free Long Distance ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street ...
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Garbage Disposal
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books for Adults
- DVD Player
- MP3 Dock
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
Communication / Internet
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- limited accessibility ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- botanical garden
- coin laundry
- health/beauty spa
- live theater
- theme parks
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- 950 sq. ft.
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 3 - 1 twin/ single, The office can accommodate a single rollaway bed.
- Bedroom 2 - 2 twin/ single, Two twins are extra long (XL)
- Bedroom 4 - 2 sleep sofa /futon, Sofa in liv room is a queen sleeper - memory foam matterss
- Bedroom 1 - 2 queen
- Pack-n-play available and sofa in living room turns into a queen bed as well.
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Porch Furniture
- 2 garden chairs
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- The sofa bed in the livingroom sleeps 2. Office set up includes 3 in 1 printer/fax/copier. Wireless internet. Monitor, keyboard. Need an adapter for mac laptops for monitor connection. Large desk.