VacationRentals.com is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We're committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Another tranquil stay in Old Homosassa with the family. We love the charm of the house.Fishing, eating stone crabs and taking our granddaughter to the Homosassa Wildlife State Park (which now makes four generations to visit the "attraction").
The house was even better than we expected, nicely decorated and with an amazing view on the river. Very quiet surroundings.
Staying in Homosossa rather than Crystal river was great as it was much quieter.
The hosts are amazing, we used the 2 Kayaks to go up to the Homosossa spring that are just 30 min from the house to see manatees from our Kayac. And they also very nicely let us use their fishing equipment so we could catch fishes and crabs with the kids, this was so much fun !
The house is perfectly located and we were very happy to :
- Visit the Homosossa springs and "zoo"
- Go for some small hiking with the kids
- Get fresh fish / shrimp directly in Homosossa
- Fish from the Pier and see some manatees pass right in front of the house !
- Spend an evening at the KC crump on the river with amazing pirate boat for the kids to play while we had fun
- Spend a day at Crystal River...
This is definitely a place I would recommend to anyone and will go back !