VacationRentals.com is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We're committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Overall, this was a positive experience.
1) Very spacious! Lots of room to spread out, even for a large family. Two separate sitting areas, each with comfy couch and loveseat.
2) Excellent kitchen, well stocked. In many rentals, we have to go buy leftover containers, pizza cutter, 2-qt pitcher and/or colander (strainer). These were all present in this kitchen. Lots of plates, bowls, and cups too.
3) LOVE the screened in porch off the back of the unit. I loved to sit out there in good weather and bad, enjoying the open air and NO BUGS. Watch the little frogs crawl up the wall in the rain!
4) We didn't use the pool at the clubhouse, but we did use the pool table. A nice amenity for a "down day".
5) Location was excellent--easy access to main roads, lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. Sea World/Discovery Cove were about 25 min away. NASA about 70 min. Weeki Wachee (kayaking, manatees) is about 2 hours away. We didn't do Disney on this trip, but those parks are just a few minutes away.
1) Beds were uncomfortable. I know this is a very personal issue, so take my opinion for what it's worth. The master bedroom is a mattress on a box spring, but it's all resting on the floor. Very low, and have to almost "fall" into it, hard to get out of. The queen bed is a mattress on a platform--no boxspring, but my daughter liked it fine. The twin beds are boxspring & mattress on a metal spring frame, which was VERY squeaky. My other daughter had a hard time dealing with the squeaks from the frame.
2) The thermostat was in the front sitting area, but almost all of the "living" was done in the back rooms, so the temperature was higher. Min of 73 on the thermostat. The master bedroom in particular got very warm, and the only way to make it a tolerable temperature was to leave the master bath fan on during the day to force airflow through that room. Suggestion: get/bring a fan to circulate air through the bedroom.
3) Bring a Roku or Apple TV or other streaming device. The cable is extremely basic and was pointless. We plugged in our Roku and were able to watch movies and US Open Series tennis that way. HDMI ports are available on main sitting area TVs.
4) Internet bandwidth seemed low. The router had to be rebooted several times when internet access would be cut off. The reboot would always work, but for a limited time.
5) Bring Wii games - none are provided. Only one Wii-mote provided.