VacationRentals.com is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We're committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
- Renovated house with old, local charm and well chosen decoration and wonderful views.
- Big pool with tanning terrace (almost no view from neighbors). Some toys available for in the pool.
- Modern kitchen with cutlery, pots, pans, dish washer, ..., and BBQ with utensils.
- Big TV and BluRay player.
- Modern bathroom with big shower. Plenty of hot water.
- Nice terrace for outside dining.
- Garage for car.
- Local neighborhood is quiet and it's just a short walk down to the beach where there is also a small superette.
- The house is very comfortable for 2 adults and max 1 extra adult or 2 children: There is one very nice bedroom with ocean views with a double bed. Then there is a second bedroom with a single bed a sofa bed. However, given the small size of the TV corner, limited bathroom space and the kitchen utensils and cutlery, the house would be cramped with more than 4 people.
Not so good:
- We had no internet the whole week so we had to use 4G roaming on smartphone which is not very comfortable e.g. to connect our laptops: Apparently, the box suffered a power surge after a lightening storm a few days before our arrival, which can of course happen, but more pro-activity to fix the problem would have been appreciated. The owner ordered the wrong box that only arrived 6 days later. We stayed home the first few days since we were expecting the post man to deliver it (who never came due to wrong order). Since we do not live in the EU, our roaming was very expensive: the reply from the owner was simply to "go to the city to buy a sim card to get data".
- Pool was not always heated: The heat pump only started working 2 days after our arrival. The advertised 27 degrees is not attained, however, this would be too warm anyway.
- Many, many mosquitoes: again, this happens, but some prior warning of the owners would have been nice so we could have brought anti-mosquito products.
- The owner was not proactive to fix problems and was not very responsive: We had to ask several times about the delivery status of the internet box that was eventually delivered in the store, she did not respond when we sent a few messages and texts to announce our changed arrival time.
My wife and I absolutely enjoyed our stay at this villa. The ground floor suite was well laid out, sparkling clean and very comfortable. The pool was fabulous for a late day swim after our day of traveling.
Our hosts were very gracious, attentive and helpful in their recommendations for our first trip to the area.