VacationRentals.com is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We're committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
All things being said, it was an excellent experience. The only downside, and this was our fault as well was a slightly clumsy key hand-off. (I may have given the impression that I spoke german well due to my use of Google Translate).
The upsides - location wise:
1. An upscale neighborhood where we felt perfectly safe.
2. Stores, restaurants, and services (including the cleanest, best maintained, and easiest to use laundromat I've overseen) are all close by.
3. Transit is close by including S-Bahn, U-Bahn, and busses. With the Google maps app was able to get anywhere easy.
4. Things were quiet with respect to traffic, parties (none), and construction (little in the area - but given how much construction is going on in Berlin, that might change).
5. If you like high-end shopping, this is your place!
The upsides - the apartment:
1. This was the quietest place I've ever stayed in. Maybe neighbors were away, but in any event, it was total silence once we were inside.
2. Temperature never got above 5 C during the seven days we were there. But inside the radiant heating kept the place nice and cozy. (Didn't see any air conditioning - maybe an issue in a heat wave.)
3. Everything worked well. (Door lock was a challenge the first day - jet lag making things more difficult.)
4. Clean as a whistle and well appointed.
I would recommend this place - but you do need to be able to handle stairs - helpful in keeping the added "beer weight" down.
Everything worked flawlessly in the apartment, and it was a quick ride on the 123 bus to the Hauptbahnhof or the M27 to bus to U-Bahn stations to connect to other sites. I’m very pleased with the hospitality.