VacationRentals.com is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We're committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We stayed at Roberto's tower for 4 nights and had a great time. The location is perfect for exploring Tuscania (and beyond), Roberto was an excellent host, providing valuable information about the property itself, and also Tuscania, and responded to messages very quickly, which was helpful. The property is well-equipped, has plenty of space, although it's split over 3 levels, so bear that in mind if you have young children, or people who struggle with stairs.
The roof terrace has fantastic views. The property felt very secure and safe, and even on hot days, stayed relatively cool due to it's thick walls. It's been very nicely renovated inside, with modern touches, and Wi-Fi.
A highly recommended place!
We stayed one week at the appartment Lime Tree. We were only with 3 persons, but I would say that it can comfortably accommodate up to 10 people.In my opinion, the description of the location is correct: very secluded in the middle of nature. The photo's are very representative.
I would like to respond to some of the complaints given by other renters on Lime Tree and Sunflower (part of the same property, but each has its own private garden):
- yes, the last 2 km (2.5 km including the property access toad) are on a dust road (typical tuscan strada bianca), but it is easily accessible by any type of car. - we had no problems at all with insects inside the house although we kept the doors open all the time (all windows have fly screens)
- the equipment of the kitchen is simple but sufficient
- we had some problems with the internet at first, but the owner made all efforts to have it quickly repaired
I can really recommend a stay at this property, especially given the rental rate compared to other houses in the same environment, as long as:
- you are not afraid of dogs (they are nice and calm and do not bark at night but they are also quite big and eager for company).
- you are not expecting a see view or city trip experience
- you don't want to make phone calls all of the time (the GSM reception is quite poor, but the WIFI is excellent)
We went out to eat every evening and I can recommend Il Tortello in Pescia Fiorentina (less than 10 minutes drive, very good pasta dishes, simple but cosy and cheap), L'angolo di Capalbio for very good pizza and Tullio (also in Capalbio) for typical Tuscan cuisine.
Places you should definitely visit while you're there:
- Capalbio! The parking lot at the hilltop is quite expensive. Just park your car at the beginning of the village at one of the free parking area.
- Rent a bike to visit Feniglia (there is a bike rental station just before entering the protected area of Feniglia, no cars allowed inside the protected area !)
- Roman remains of Cosa in Ansedonia (entrance is free, except for the museum)
- Vulci archeological area: make the complete tour which ends at the small, but very beautiful lake Pellicone.
- Visit Pitigliano and take a hike through the Vie Cave around the village