VacationRentals.com is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We're committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Very welcoming and cozy cabin in nice neighborhood.
What I liked:
- very cozy cabin feeling
- was decorated for the season
- large windows
- good mattress (master BR)
- nice neighborhood
- proximity to Whiteface Ski Resort
What I didn't like:
- bunk beds in basement are coming apart (safety issue that can easily be fixed)
- kitchen faucet broken, needs to be replaced (it's working, but handle doesn't stay up to keep the water running when rinsing dishes)
- no DVD/BlueRay player in main room
- TV in basement/bunk-room not working
- PlayStation was listed in description, but was not provided
- 2nd bathroom window had no curtains or blinds
The owners are so welcoming, providing al the information we needed prior to our arrival. They checked in on us to make sure we arrived safely and to wish us safe travels on our way out.
The home itself is very well kept and clean. There is a wood stove that keeps the house plenty warm, and the owners provided wood and fire starting material) or you could turn on the heat. The steam shower was super nice after a day spent playing in the snow.
It has good views from the back porch and breathtaking views of Whiteface Mountain just a short walk up the drive. It was a perfect spot for early morning coffee and nighttime campfire s’mores.
We would love to visit again. We have absolutely no complaints about the house, location, views or friendly owners. I would recommend this house to anyone wanting to visit the area.