VacationRentals.com is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We're committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
We booked Grove Cottage for a 4 night break in November. We'd not stayed in the house before, but it proved to be a very good choice. We thought the cottage was delightful, with a great feel and good value for money. We have already booked our next visit and hope to return in the summer to take advantage of the super garden.
- Very well kitted out.
- Comfortable, period style, furnishings.
- Lots of storage space
- Off road parking - a rarity in the centre of Yarmouth.
- Plumbing, hot water & heating all good - can sometimes be a bit of issue in holiday rentals.
- Beautiful private garden, must be a great space in the warmer weather.
- Twin beds comfortable (double not)
Things to bear in mind:
- Plenty big enough for 2 adults + 2 children, but would be a bit cosy for 4 adults.
- The only bathroom (tired but functional) is off the double bedroom....but there is a separate downstairs loo.
- There is no proper landing at the top of the stairs just a step either side into the 2 bedrooms - you need to pay attention where you tread when coming out of the bedrooms
- Although the kitchen is very well equipped it is small, so keep meals simple
The not-so-good / improvement opportunities
- The double bed wooden frame needs attention...loud squeaks every time you turn over. Doesn't make for a great night's sleep. - Or even better, replace the current double with a 5' wide bed. If a platform type base were to be used there is just enough space and would greatly improve things. 4' 6" beds feel VERY small.
- Could do with a thorough clean over the quiet season. Lots of corner cobwebs, fluff under beds, in corners etc.
Rofford lodge offered everything 3 generations of a family could want. (Plus a dog)
Warm and comfortable beds. Plenty of space inside and out.
Convenient for town and sea.
Welcome basket an added bonus.
We definitely hope to return.