VacationRentals.com is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We're committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
My wife and I were seeking a relaxing weekend getaway within a few hours of home...found it at The Isle!!! As mentioned in the title block we requested an additional night moments after arrival...instant love!
I had a little sarcastic fun when I messaged Joe about giving the place a "bad review to better my odds of booking again." So here is my review.....please enjoy the tidbits of satire:
-Don (property manager) was very accommodating and seemed to know we would never get enough of this place in one weekend. Purely a great, accommodating, genuine guy!!!
-Upon arrival, I lost my wife for a while as she was wandering through the house and property photographing paintings, other photos, open wood trusses, scenery, etc. When I found her we had a tears running down our cheeks...happy tears.
- We had been here 2 hours & she is catching a beautiful trout (his name is William) while she is standing on the suspended bridge. I brought waders.
-I wore myself out walking the path to the river fork and back enamored with the hand built bridges, dams, water diversions, pure beauty, and pesky trout laying in the southern fork. Joe and Don nailed it in their vision!
-Found a Royal Anne cherry tree growing wild on the property.
-Fell in the river landing a 16" brown trout. Looking forward to catching him again so I can maybe stay dry next time. His name is Walter.
-We spent hours in the swinging chair on the "island at the island" watching a mother mallard train her 8 ducklings in the stream, the dipper bird forage the rapids, and the red squirrel craftily leaning off the same log to get a drink...this became our daily routine (the swinging chair is on an a dry island in the middle of the river!).
-Constant conflict: Is it more relaxing on the front deck or the back beach??? We never could decide.
- Enjoying coffee on the front deck we were interrupted by an osprey 20' overhead carrying her breakfast home (hope it wasn't William or Walter!). No wonder why the local kingfisher is so nervous!
- Got beat in horse shoes...she must have cheated :)
- We both fell asleep on the coach one night.
- There is a TV in every room. Don and Joe have really covered all the bases. We didn't play pool, foosball, or relax in the jacuzzi...sauna looked incredible...we spent our time outside.
-We had tears running down our cheeks when it was time to leave.
What a very special place...a place to stay, love, and respect just as the owners have.
Be back soon!