Villa Almatheia, seafront property, its like a Dream!
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Seaside villa in peaceful location
Had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. The sunbathing areas were excellent as was the adjacent fish restaurant. A fifteen minute walk to the well stocked supermarket and bakery. Some updating of appliances wouldn’t go wrong especially the cooker. Overall a very enjoyable holiday
Thank you Ian for choosing Villa Almatheia for your recent visit to the lovely Greek Island of Zakynthos & thank you for submitting a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay & perhaps should you return one day to the island you might choose again to stay with us. Mary
Modern well equipped house with the sea literally at the bottom of the garden.
Lovely location and well equipped house, in fact so good we spent every evening sitting on the veranda with a bottle of local wine enjoying the sunset and the sound of the waves. The kitchen was well equipped so was able to use lovely local produce to cook for ourselves in the evening.
The sea was literally at the bottom of the garden and it was so clear we were able to snorkel and see lots of fish.
The area itself was quiet and far less touristy than others which we very much appreciated, saying that there was a bakery and supermarket within walking distance.
The instructions to get to the villa were very concise and easy to follow which made the drive from the airport very easy and stress free.
The broadband stopped working at one point however an email we sent was responded to very quickly even though it was a Saturday evening.
I would have given the property 5 stars however the beds were very uncomfortable.
Dear Nicolette, thank you for taking the time to provide such a lovely review after your recent stay at Villa Almatheia, we are pleased that you enjoyed your holiday. We thank you also for your feedback regarding the mattress as sorry to hear that you found them uncomfortable, on occasion it can be due to the what one is used to at home themselves, some like a firmer mattress others sometimes less but we will pass on your feedback to the owner with the consideration to perhaps if necessary getting mattress toppers for next season. .Kindest Regards Mary
Perfectly Peaceful Property
We have had a lovely stay in Drosia. The house was perfectly located, clean and well equipped and right on the water's edge where there was a pleasant breeze. The shallow but stony entry into the sea meant beach shoes are a must however once in the clear and near mill pond flat water was just the job to break up the heat of the day.
Great restaurants within walking distance and sandy beaches with watersports just 15 minutes drive away meant all our travelling needs were catered for.
Local agent Simone was available but not over-bearing and even after we departed, having left 2 pairs of expensive trainers in the property, she kindly agreed to arrange for them to be forwarded by mail to our home.
Fabulous and well worth a visit!
Look no further for a relaxing holiday .
A beautiful location to relax and unwind. A few steps to the sea and local taverna. Plenty to explore on this idyllic island.
Hello Dave, thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay at Villa Almatheia, we are so pleased that you & your family/friends enjoyed your recent stay & perhaps should you return to the island again ,you may consider staying with us. Regards Mary
Amazing peaceful place!!
Relaxing by the sea in a lovely beach house 'Tullulah' so therapeutic I don't want to leave ☀☀☀
Jacqueline we are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at Villa Tullulah & in Drossia, truly a beautiful location, perfect for a totally peaceful & relaxed holiday!
It was a lovely stay away from
the hussle and bustle of life!! Lovely to wake up with the sea every morning and walk through the garden for a swim!
The taverna 40yds up the beach was beautiful with home made traditional cooking from people that know how! Made to feel so welcome! Thankyou for a lovely stay!
Thank you Christine for your lovely review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at the lovely Villa Almatheia & at Drossia, we look forward that you may one day return again to stay with us. Kindest Regards,
* The Ionian Islands region *
Scattered along the west coast of mainland Greece the Ionian Islands are lush and green, with vast olive groves, tall cypress trees, imposing mountain landscapes, beautiful beaches and crystal clear blue waters. Each island has a natural beauty and a distinct tradition, cuisine and architecture.
* Zakynthos has a varied terrain, with fertile plains in the south-eastern part and mountainous terrain with steep cliffs along the coasts on the west. The mild, Mediterranean climate and the plentiful winter rainfall accounts for the island’s dense vegetation.
The Zakynthos / Kypseli area
* Zakynthos, also known as Zante, the southernmost and third largest of the Ionian Islands, covers an area of 410 square kilometres (157 square miles) and its coastline is roughly 123 kilometres (76 miles) in length. The island is 40 km long, 20 km wide and its highest point is Vrachionas at 758 metres. According to the 2001 census, the island has a population of 38,957. The capital is the town of Zakynthos. The principal products are olive oil, currants, grapes and citrus fruit.
* The island was named Fiore di Levante by its Venetian rulers meaning Flower of the East because of its exceptional beauty.
* To the south west is the National Marine Park of Zakynthos where loggerhead turtles (Caretta caretta) are found in the bay of Laganas. Caretta is an endangered species. Every year beginning in June the female turtles come to the southern beaches in order to bury their eggs in the sand.
* The western coast is refuge and breeding ground for another endangered species the Mediterranean monk seal (Monachus monachus).
* The locals are renowned for their hospitality which, together with the excellent climate and enchanting beauty of the island, is probably why over 300,000 holidaymakers visit the island each year and return time and time again. Some never leave and the island is home to one of the largest populations of permanent foreign residents in Greece.
Zakynthos is the most southerly of the Ionian Islands and enjoys over 300 days of sun (over 8.5 hours per day) a year. The summers are hot and dry, often with a cooling breeze. Winters are short and mild with most rainfall between December and February but even during this time there are many days with cloudless skies.
There is something for everybody close by.
* Enjoy the varied night life, tour the island, enjoy one of the many cruises around the island, shop or stroll in Zakynthos town, learn to sail, try diving, enjoy the many water sports, go fishing go cycling, go hiking, go horse riding or simply relax on one of the many beautiful beaches.
* There are also a number of boat trips available including a superb Catamaran Cruise in the Caretta-Caretta (Loggerhead) turtle habitat of Laganas Bay. Cruise from Zakynthos port to Porto Roma, around Gerakas Cape and towards Pelouzo Island through Laganas Bay to Keri and finally Marathonisi Island.
* Take the time to enjoy the island you will never forget the beautiful clear blue waters and stunning scenery.
* Drosia, Kypseli
The sea at Drosia is clean and clear & great for snorkelling. On the sea front less than 50 metres along the beach is Porto Roulis Fish Taverna & Vardiola Restaurant & Snack Bar about 900 metres away and also Andreas Fish Taverna is about 500 metres away from the villa. The local, well-stocked supermarket & a bakery are 500 m away at the crossroads. Nightlife is traditional and simple, informal & impromptu, but there's plenty of choice. The more touristic resorts of Tsilivi (4km) and Alykes (7km) offer more lively and varied nightlife.