About Jeffrey Tessier
Therese and Jeffrey both grew up in New York and tolerated their share of cold, long winters. They moved to Virginia and expanded the family quickly with four beautiful children: Luke, Xavier, Lila, and Sebastian. Family and new jobs drew them to north central TX and they have fallen in love with their new southern home.
Jeffrey Tessier purchased this House in 2017
Why Jeffrey Tessier chose Azle
A family at our church invited us to their Eagle Mountain Lake house for a weekend of boating, grilling, and fireworks on the lake. Their house is on the same peninsula and they introduced us to the prior owners of this house. We had a such a great time with all of our kids playing and relaxing at the lake, so it took very little convincing for us to buy this lake house.
What makes this House unique
We live less than an hour from this lake house. We also live less than an hour drive from Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, and one of the largest international airports in the world. The proximity of the lake house to both rural TX and major population centers provides a very unique getaway that is hard to find in other areas of the country.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Great outside space and fenced in yard.
The outdoor space was great. We really appreciated the fence especially because we had little ones in our party. The layout and guest house helped spread everyone out. The owner was quick to respond with communication.
We found the property to be as advertised with plenty of space to enjoy the lake.
Over Sold, Under Delivered We chose this home due to the pics and size for 15 ppl. 6/13-15/19
Before we arrived, the owner emailed me about water damages upstairs that had been repaired but had left a hole in the downstairs ceiling above pool table. He said ceiling would not be repaired until after our stay but we would not be impacted by it. The hole was huge and unsightly but no big deal.
After checking out the amenities, I called the owner and made him aware of the following issues:
The front door threshold was loose and wobbly and I was worried about our little ones tripping, Jeffrey stated that it was like that when he bought it.
I mentioned that the downstairs toilet was running every time flushed (the most popular used) and he said the chain gets stuck under flapper, (were we expected to unstick it each time)?
The back porch and patio looked as if it had not been cleaned since winter; there were cobwebs in every glass pane, light fixtures and fans. The light fixture on back porch had nest and bird mess ran all down the settee and rug, we could not use (maybe if house was going to rent in Spring you would remove it when started?) We spent our first two hours cleaning and washing off everything. I asked if we were the first guests this season and he said that they were there last week and “that’s just lake living”. I lived lakefront for seven years and know it’s difficult to keep it looking perfect but you can at least keep it presentable, especially if you are renting your home out.
There were two futons and a trundle that did not have sheets, his said “ I guess they may have been put up” “Where?” “maybe locked in our closet in bath” – no mention he could bring some even though he lives close. He did not apologize nor offer to rectify any of these shortcomings.
The biggest problem was the bathroom in guest house. Reviews from others said there had been a sulphur smell but we thought it was resolved. It was putrid! We let the water run for some time to no avail. We couldn’t brush teeth, wash hands nor shower with the horrible smell, therefore six guests had to use the main house facilities. I did not call Jeffrey back since he had responded to previous reviewers that he thought it was resolved. In my opinion, the guest house shouldn’t be included in the rental until that is taken care of.
We have rented a number of VRBOS, both good and not so good but this is the first time we have been compelled to write a review. In the interest of future guests getting what they think they are paying for, we cannot recommend this.
We would like to thank the visitors for their concerns and offer some clarity:
1. The guests had the option of canceling their rental when the damage to the ceiling was disclosed. The ceiling damage has now been completely repaired, with a new pool table light and new paint for the ceiling and walls of the game room.
2. Our entire family had been out the weekend before and thoroughly cleaned the outdoors including removal of the cobwebs and leaves. We recognize that lakefront life carries daily cleaning challenges, and these challenges are addressed when we are at the house. We appreciate that different guests have different tolerance levels related to critters, so we have been explicit in our house rental information about the presence of spiders, wasps, and other potential pests at the lake.
3. We have stocked the guest house with additional sheets to avoid a shortage of clean sheets for the trundle bed.
4. The guest house hot water heater has been replaced and a zinc anode rod was deployed in this water heater to reduce the production of sulfide gas from the well water that supplies our community. However, it is not possible to completely prevent some production of this "rotten egg" gas when water dwells in the tank for longer periods (as in the guest house). We acknowledge this is an inconvenience and can only recommend that guests run the hot water with an open window until the odor dissipates. A follow-up phone call from guests is always helpful, but was not attempted in this case. We look forward to technology that will resolve this issue.
5. The other issues, such as the door threshold and the toilet, are correctable issues that we are currently addressing.
We are sorry that these renters found that our home did not meet their standards. It is a learning opportunity for us both.
Family vacation to Texas
We traveled to Texas with 13 people to visit our brother.
Wonderful! (but a few things to be aware of)
Starting with the positive-
1. We 8 adults and 8 kids and there was plenty of room for all.
2. It was quite cool during the evenings and the fire pit was a marvelous place for us to congregate. Plenty of room and big enough to build a large fire to keep warm. Probably the highlight of the trip. During the day, the same area provided marvelous views of the lake with a refreshing spring breeze. (Be sure to bring your own firewood).
3. The game room was big hit for the kids of all ages. At one point we had folks playing chess, pool, poker and Xbox at the same time.
4. 2 kayaks on the property provided hours of entertainment for the kiddos. (I recommend bringing lifejackets.)
A couple of neither positive or negative notes:
1. We tripped a circuit breaker in the kitchen and couldnt find it. We went for several hours without lights or microwave or receptacles in the kitchen. Eventually we were notified that the circuit panel for the kitchen is behind a wall hanging in the game room. Not a big deal, only including here in case it happens to someone else in the future.
2. Upon arrival the yard was quite overgrown. It had been quite stormy prior to our stay and the owner hadnt a chance to mow. When they did to come to mow they brought us a bottle of wine for the inconvenience (very sweet owner's to deal with).
Now for the negative-
1. The location of the house is on a very crowded peninsula. This is definitely not a place for loud groups or those requiring privacy. We were probably pretty loud so hopefully we were not too disturbing to the neighbors (I was actually quite worried about this but no one called the cops so.....). Please take the caution in the listing about parking seriously. There is not much parking available. there is nothing that can be done about either of these things but just something for any renters to be aware of.
All in all a fabulous experience. The serenity of the back deck/yard/fire pit area alone is well worth the rental cost. The owners were very easy to deal with and responsive. Would recommend to anyone that can accept the minor cautions above.
Amazing lake house!
We will definitely be back!