This is not your standard rental with outdated design or IKEA furniture and misleading photos. The Turret House is a two story historic property located on a large corner lot in Portland's most beautiful Eastside neighborhood (Irvington) and surrounded by stunning homes and tree-canopied streets. 3 blocks away are some of Portland’s favorite restaurants, bars, coffee shops, bookstores, grocers, and cannabis dispensaries. Your unit was meticulously designed from the ground up. My partner and I are professional designers and we’ve worked hard to blend tradition and modern simplicity so you have a unique travel experience.
Enter through a lovely yard and jasmine-filled patio into your gorgeous, private, well-appointed 1 bedroom space. Everything in the space is brand new and high-end quality.
- 1 spacious bedroom with new, queen bed, linen restoration hardware duvet, flatscreen ROKU TV, 2 dressers, large closet, and large window that opens to the yard
- High end kitchen with white tile wall, marble countertops, walnut cabinets, reclaimed fir shelves, huge deep sink and pull out faucet, stainless steel commercial JennAir range, dishwasher, and refrigerator, and all the kitchen goods needed for cooking.
- Adjacent living area with long, leather chez lounge couch - very comfortable and able to sleep 3rd person (or 3rd person can sleep on a new 4" foam mattress)
- Huge bathroom with enormous shower for 2 that includes large teak bench, white tile, and hex tile floor. The marble countertops and walnut cabinets with custom walnut-framed mirror and reclaimed fir shelves make the bathroom a divine experience.
- Extra wide hallway with gorgeous Oaxacan wall tapestry framed in walnut and extra long, reclaimed fir built-in desk and shelving for a small library of great books.
- Full laundry room with washer, dryer, and utility sink.
The front yard and back yard are shared spaces (with other guests/residents). The jasmine-filled, covered patio in the back yard features a Weber gas BBQ and dining table for 6. Adirondack Chairs, an outdoor fire pit, and a double Hammock offer options for star gazing and sun-bathing.
OTHER UNIT FEATURES:
- Very rare, bright white floor for abundant light
- Beautiful original photography and art
- Unit naturally stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer
- Beautiful sconces in bathroom and living room
The space is below ground, but has 6 windows that bring in much light. Its an 18 min taxi from the airport. Its also 2 miles from downtown Portland and less than a mile from the Convention Center and Moda Center. Nike’s shared bike system is 5 short blocks away. MAX is 1 mile away. Busses are 3 blocks away. Most guests use Lyft or rent a car.
Guests have access to a fenced-in yard with gas BBQ, patio, table for 8 people, Adirondack chairs, and a two person hammock.
Interaction with guests
I live on premises so I'm mostly available for support.