Welcome to "Chalet Paradis".
Located in the pretty village of Arbonne la foret, it is heaven for climbers and nature lovers.
The best bouldering sites are right there, only a few minutes away from your holiday place.
You will love our chalet, built in the pure alpine tradition, amidst nature and surrounded by a beautiful garden.
It offers 3 bedrooms decorated with taste, in a clear wood style. On the ground floor, a first room with a double bed (140 cms) and a second room with 2 single bunk beds (90 cms each). A bathroom (bath, shower, toilet) is available next to these 2 bedrooms.
On the first floor, a third room with a large bed (160 cms) and a sofa bed. A second bathroom (bath, shower, toilet) is located next to the living room.
The fully equipped kitchen (crockery, cutlery, dishes, dishwasher, fridge & freezer, gas cooker, oven & microwave.) opens up to the alpine-style cosy living room. It is divided into a dining and a lounge areas, with sofas and a television.
Chalet Paradis offers you also great outdoor equipment. A beautiful wooden pergola overlooks our garden and the surrounding countryside. Equipped with table and chairs, it is a great spot for eating sheltered from sun... or rain. At garden level, another stone terrace, with evening lighting, awaits you for a sunny lunch or a well-deserved rest in a deckchair. Children will also love our swing and garden toys.
Only 1 hour away from Paris, ideally nestled in the heart of the Fontainebleau and 3 pignons forests, "Chalet Paradis" is located 10 kilometers away from the royal town of Fontainebleau and 5 kilometers from the famous painters village of Barbizon. For cycling or hiking on well marked trails, exceptional bouldering time on the famous Fontainebleau rocks, you have only to cross the street!
But that's not all. After a few minute drive, you have the choice between admiring and visiting the wonderful royal castle of Fontainebleau (house of most the greatest French Kings), stroll in pretty Barbizon visiting painting galleries of Barbizon, or simply immerge yourself in a well preserved nature, rich of flora and fauna.
Not to forget Paris, Disneyland and Versailles, that are excellent destinations for one-day trips, by car or by train.
Practical information for your stay:
- You will have to come by car (no public transportation in the village)
- Easy access from the A6 motorway (Paris - Lyon axis). Arbonne la foret is located in the South East of Paris.
Estimated travel time:
- Paris: 1 hour (60 kilometers)
- Lyon: 3 hours (400 kilometers)
- Closest train station: "Fontainebleau Avon" only 10 minutes away by car (possibility to park at the station). Direct and regular trains to central Paris (Paris "Gare de Lyon" station) in 40 minutes.
- Closest airport: "Paris Orly" at 55 kilometers
- Possibility to park up to 2 cars in the garden
- A small grocery store in available in the village (5 minutes by foot)
- Next to the chalet, a restaurant (for quality meals) and a pizzeria/bar (including take away) await you
- Crash pads for climbing can be rented out at the next door pizza place
- Non smoking cottage (only outdoor smoking is tolerated)
- Pets not accepted
- Parties and noisy evening outdoor activities are not accepted especially after 10.30pm (quiet neighbourood).
- The owners remain at your disposal should you have any further questions (directions, local activities, bookings, recommendations...)
We look forward to welcoming you,
Pascale and Frederic, owners of "Chalet Paradis"