Fancy conviviality, serenity, relaxation, an environment of charm, activities proposed on the site, and all in joy and good humor ... Look no further, it's at home!
Le Moulin de Record is located in a green and wild valley, between Castres and Lacaune, in the Tarn in the Midi-Pyrenees region, 10 min from Brassac and 2 min from Ferrières, in the heart of Sidobre.
Built in the 15th century on a block of granite, in the heart of Sidobre, this seigniorial mill knew how to pass through the centuries while keeping intact its turbines and millstones that still turn for visitors.
Gabriele & Jean-Pierre welcome you in their fishing lodges and guest room for a quiet stay, in perfect harmony with nature, at 460m altitude, where time seems to have stopped!
"Le Pilou", a romantic studio in the Chalet atmosphere, is located at the highest point of our old mill. Called the name of the vertical millstone, of which the Moulin de Record has one still in working order, this cozy cottage with soft colors for 2 people has just completed in 2015 our offer of accommodation.
At your disposal a large Suite of about 35m² with a dining area, fully equipped kitchen (induction, stainless steel cookware, oven, microwave, blender, coffee maker, toaster), sitting area, corner Meal, shower room, separate wc, and an alcove bedroom that will seduce the most romantic among you.
The velux above the bed (160x200) allows to completely obscure the room side, but between us the summer night sky is so beautiful to observe with us that you will fall asleep with this image, while listening to the murmur of the River that lulls you.
Here, we do not have a heat wave because the river fulfills its duty as a natural regulator with brilliance! The days can be warm (but bearable!), And the nights are fresh, allowing you to enjoy a good restful sleep in a bed in 160x200 with impeccable bedding.
You have a private terrace, overlooking the river, with a beautiful view in front of a relaxing panorama, which invites you to relax in the deckchairs provided, barbecue, table and chairs.
A washing machine is provided free of charge for all gites.
Activities on site:
• Hiking on trails around Le Moulin
• 2 multi-day GR loops from the Moulin
• Mountain biking on marked trails from the Mill
• March to September: teasing the trout (private fishing for about 250m)
• fishing for crayfish (highly appreciated by adults and children alike!)
• Swimming in the river and on the spot even for toddlers because in some places the water is only a few cm deep and allows to soak safely
• Shiatsu or Yoga by an outstanding practitioner who intervenes at the Moulin (to be booked in advance)
• Donkey rides with the donkeys of our friends Pascal & Christine
• The Museum of Protestantism is well worth a visit (1 km)
• Guided tour of the mill is offered to our guests during their stay. Jean-Pierre will plunge you into the turbulent past of our Moulin, heavily involved in local history, between the Crusade of the Albigenses and the War of Religions, as if you were there! Emotions guaranteed ...
The Sidobre is a unique place and its spectacular sites are open to visit all year round. You are not far from Castres, city of Jean Jaurès, Gaillac, Lautrec, Albi, Cordes-sur-Ciel, Carcassonne, ... Enough to fill 14 days of vacation! All lodgings have a briefcase full of tourist information of the region.
To find us:
Geographical location by GPS: - X: 271900m Y: 5382500m - Latitude: 43:39:13N (43. 6537) Longitude: 2:26:33E (2.4425)
We would be happy to welcome you soon!