3 bedroom, 2 full baths, sleeps 8 to 10 persons
Coconut Point is a spectacular Atlantic oceanfront home (built in 2007) on the Bahamian out-island
of Eleuthera. It is located in the center of the island on the pristine pink sand beaches of Double
Bay. There are 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms and an outdoor shower with hot and cold water, a
screened-in ocean-view porch and great room with kitchen and dining area. The great room features 5 sets of french doors accessing the porch and looking out to the azure waters of the Atlantic. The house is large
enough to sleep 8 to 10 people comfortably.
*Watch the sunrise over the sparkling Atlantic and the sunset over the lush palm forest
*Only steps away from the secluded beach
*Features a screened porch, covered front and back porches and 3 decks
*Ocean views from all bedrooms, great room, kitchen, master bath and screened porch
Perfect Location! Beautiful Home!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We just received this email from our guests on the day of their arrival...so happy they are enjoying our home:
"What an amazing spot!!! House is simply perfect and exactly what our family needed!!! It's taking us a little bit to adjust to "perfect" temperature of air and water...something we have never experienced.
John is great and while cell phone communication was spotty, all worked out perfectly. We will be sure to take great care of the place and our only issue will be having to leave and head north to the frozen tundra. NOW I understand why folks head south for the winter. You folks are very lucky to have such a gem.
Going for the afternoon dip, then slow barbeque wings, another tall margarita etc. and all is well in the world.
Thanks for everything."
Perfect Location! Beautiful Home!
Our family of four (two sons ages 10 and 12) absolutely loved staying at Coconut Point. The weather was perfect. Never too hot or cold. We loved that the house was off the beaten path, but at the same time we were close to grocery stores and restaurants. The house is extremely comfortable and very beautiful. The view from the house and the beach right in front of the house is breathtaking. We usually had the beach all to ourselves. John the caretaker was always available if we needed anything. Because of the central location of Coconut Point on Eleuthera, we were able to explore to the south and to the north very easily in our rental car and so we were able to enjoy many different beaches and towns around Eleuthera. We have traveled in Belize and Costa Rica and have stayed in beautiful places- Coconut Point is right up at the top of the list!
Perfect Island Getwaway
This was our first trip to Eleuthera. I was with my wife and two boys (10,15). The home was exactly what we were looking for and matched the description perfectly. The property is newer for the area, clean and very well maintained. We had great responsiveness from John and no issues whatsoever.
We spend 7 nights on the island. Four of the days we spent on the beach in front of the house kayaking and snorkeling. The house was really comfortable with lots of space and good internet. The other two days we got out (Governor's Harbor area and Harbour Island). We had dinner at Tippy's, 1648 and the Friday night fish fry in Governor's Harbor, all were very good. Due to multiple trips to the grocery store, liquor store and restaurants, I would highly recommend renting a car. We rented from the caretaker for the week and it was very easy.
I would recommend this property to a friend or family. We are considering returning next year.
Lovely Place to Stay
Coconut Point is in a nice, quiet location. We enjoyed walking Double Bay Beach, and found lots of sea glass and shells. Actually, this was one of the better shelling beaches that we visited while in Eleuthera. It was also cleaner than many of the other shorelines.
The house interior is tasteful, not over the top. The kitchen is well-supplied, and met our needs just fine.
You will find LOTS of bath towels. I personally loved the master bedspread. It would go perfectly in MY bedroom, and was just the right thickness.
The owner was responsive to our needs, and acted promptly when we learned that there was a problem with getting wifi.
The addition of a satellite dish and flat screen tv would have given this home a 5, rather than 4. With this being an election year, and the fact that my husband is a news junkie, we felt out of touch with the world. Yes, that can be both good and bad. The weather in Eleuthera was very rainy, so we spent more time in the house than we expected. Being able to watch the news would have been great. We did enjoy several of the movies that were in the home. We also read 3 of the home's books.
You won't be disappointed staying at Coconut Beach.
Loved Coconut Point
This was our first stay in Eleuthera and we are so happy we chose Coconut Point! My husband and I absolutely loved it. The house is more beautiful than the photos. The kitchen is well equipped. The furnishings are lovely and the views are fabulous. I had a hard time deciding if I wanted to view the beach from the deck, the thatched "hut", or just my bedroom window. And then there's the screened-in porch with the comfy lounge bed--perfect for an afternoon nap or reading a book. We were there during the off season and truly had the beach to ourselves. The beach is perfect and was great for early morning walks as well as swimming. The owners were very easy to work with and provided a lot of advance information that was very helpful. Truly a beautiful home. Hope to go back some day!
Another wonderful vacation at Coconut Point
We have stayed at Coconut Point several times and have always been very pleased with our stay. Over the years we have come with different extended family members, but this trip was just my husband, 4-year old daughter and not quite 2-year old son. The house is perfect for a small family or multiple family units; plenty of space to spread out, but cozy enough to gather and enjoy time together. My children loved the bunk bed room and my husband and I enjoyed waking up to the sunrise.
The beach is perfect in front of Coconut Point. Nice reefs to explore and plenty of options to walk to for swimming holes. The covered deck makes for nice outside time, but plenty of shade when needed.
The kitchen has always been well-stocked...plenty of items needed for cooking-in all of our meals. The house is in a great location so it is easy and not too far of a drive to get supplies.
The caretaker John is a lovely face to see and has always provided good conversation. He is so good about checking-in to make sure your stay is going well.
The owners, Karen and Drew, are fabulous to work with. You can tell they built their home with love and admiration for the island...optimizing on the incredible view from inside and outside the house.
We have stayed at Coconut Point many times over the years and will continue to do so. There are many beautiful homes in Eleuthera to rent, but we are quite content with our choice of Coconut Point!
We had an absolutely wonderful week at Coconut Point. The house was beautiful and well kept, and the setting was stunning. A perfect mid-winter getaway. We hated to leave, and have hopes of returning again someday soon.
Activity and Interests
Coconut Point is located on Double Bay, a gorgeous 3-mile stretch of pink sand beach, on Eleuthera. Eleuthera is a small island in the Bahamas that is located due east of New Providence (Nassau). At 100
miles long and a mere two miles wide, Eleuthera effortlessly keeps travelers near its secluded pink-
and white-sand beaches. Together with Harbour Island, Eleuthera charms travelers with colonial
villages and pineapple plantations.
The Out Island of Eleuthera is known for its gorgeous beaches and friendly people. Out Islands are the
most remote in the Bahamas archipelago of islands. But please don't confuse being secluded with
being sleepy. The Out Islands are home to some of the world's most stunning beaches, dive sites, and
fishing sites. So you can be as relaxed or as active as the day allows. Come stay at Coconut Point and
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Dec 18 2016 - Jan 7 2017
7 night minimum stay
Apr 8 2017 - Apr 22 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $36 per night, per additional guest|
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
$500 damage deposit required
Please note that our STANDARD RATE of $1950 is for TWO (2) GUESTS ONLY
$250 (per 7-night stay) for each additional person over 2
Holiday Rate of $2950 per week for FOUR (4) GUESTS during Christmas, New Year's and Easter weeks
Stays of less than 7 nights will incur a cleaning fee.
Personal check or bank wire transfer.
Guests will be responsible for all bank fees related to wire transfers.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Mobile Phone
- Parking Off Street
- Sofa Bed
- Telephone ...
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library ...
- Video Library ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- Ocean View
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- pier fishing
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- sound/bay fishing
- surf fishing
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Master Bath - toilet, shower, rain shower with ocean view
- Guest Bath - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Outdoor shower - shower, Hot and cold outdoor shower
- All bathrooms are fully tiled and have marble sink tops. The master bath has a large rainfall shower with windows looking out to the Atlantic and a mahogany sink vanity. Guests can also enjoy an outdoor shower after a relaxing day at the beach. With hot and cold water, the outdoor shower is located near the palapa deck--just a few steps from the beach stairs.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Master - 1 king
- Green guest room - 1 queen
- Yellow guest room - 1 double, 2 twin/ single, full over twin bunk and twin
- Great Room - 1 queen, sofa bed
- Crib - 1 baby crib, pack-n-play crib
- The centerpiece of the home is the master suite with near panoramic views. Sleep peacefully each night with the windows open, listening to the hypnotic sounds of the waves breaking on the shore below. Wake-up each morning in the king-size bed and watch nature’s spectacular morning show—the sun rising over the sparkling water and slowly illuminating the island. No need to miss the views in the master bathroom either. The huge master shower with rain- shower head, also boasts a window facing the Atlantic. There are two additional guest rooms, each with an ocean view. The green room houses a queen-size bed while the yellow bunk room has a twin bed and a twin over full bunk bed. A queen-size sofa bed in the great room sleeps 2 additional guests. There is also a pack-n-play crib (as well as a high chair) for our young guests
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Boat with Paddles
- Deck / Patio ...
- Gazebo ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lanai / Gazebo ...
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
- Screen Porch / Veranda
- Walkway to Water
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Wood Deck
- 6 garden chairs
- 5 beach chairs
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- Coconut Point is fully furnished and equipped for your enjoyment. The home is decorated in tranquil shades of green, blue and yellow (inspired by the palm trees, the ocean and the sun) with quality furnishings and linens. The home features: *Ocean and palm forest views *Coral reef running throughout Double Bay for some of the best snorkeling and fishing on Eleuthera *5 sets of french doors in the great room *High ceilings (10' to 22') with exposed beams in great room and master bedroom *Central air conditioning *Ceiling fans in all rooms *Screened porch with noseeum-proof mesh *Fully equipped kitchen with natural quartz counter tops and bar with seating for 4 *Dining table with seating for 6 *Glass master shower enclosure *Marble and mahogany bath vanities *Full washer and dryer, ironing board, iron *Stereo with I-Pod docking station *TV with DVD player *Family games (Scrabble, Taboo, Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, Scattegories, etc.)