'Les Hirondelles'. A delightful, tranquil, Drome-Provencale stone built riverside village house, 100 metres from the centre and all of its amenities in listed Roman village in 'La Drome Provencale'. Bathing in the nearby river Roubion. Great for relaxing or adventure holidays in and out of season. Characterful accommodation, over several levels, which will sleep six.
• Large double bedroom with super king size bed and en suite with large walk in shower. Separate entrance to riverside exit.
• Airy double bedroom with kingsize bed
• Attic bedroom, with super kingsize bed. Views of river and mountains
• Modern, well equipped kitchen/dining room overlooking river with views of village and mountains.
• Comfortable lounge with beams and log burning stove.
• Mezzanine with beautiful views, opening on to sun terrace
• South facing sun terrace, with gas barbecue, for alfresco dining with outstanding views of the 12th Century Roman church, village, surrounding countryside and mountains. A great place to relax, watch the swifts, fantastic sunsets and starry nights.
• Nearby public parking
Pont de Barret is an undiscovered oasis of tranquility with the river Roubion flowing through it. Surrounded by mountains, fields of sunflowers and lavender, this area has all the benefits of Provence without the crowds. A real hidden jewel, it remains largely unknown in spite of its many attractions. It is ideally positioned for walking, cycling, swimming in the river, exploring the local area or just enjoying the local food, wine and peace. A wonderful retreat to enjoy the calm, the countryside, friendly village life or for the more adventurous, as a base for all sorts of activities. Artists love this area. Lovely mountain walks on your doorstep. Beautiful country roads for cycling, motorcycling or driving.
The village is extremely well supplied with a Boulangerie and an excellent, friendly Bar Tabac as well as three first class restaurants, a weekly market and a Cavist, selling excellent local wines.
There are many other picturesque villages and towns within easy reach with colourful French markets taking place several times a week. The village is roughly equidistant from the historic towns of Montelimar, Crest and Dieulefit which are all well worth a visit.
For the more adventurous still, this is an excellent location for sampling different activities with the nearest ski resort just over an hour away and the seaside 2 hours. Less than an hour from the famous cities of Orange, Arles and Avignon. Vineyards close by where you can sample the various Rhone wines.
Easy drive from Calais. 25 minutes from the A7.
Nearest airports: Avignon, Nimes, Marseilles, Lyon, Grenoble.
Nearest bank 7 kms.
Nearest supermarket 7 kms.