Apartment, 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath (Sleeps 2 to 4)
This Great One Bedroom, One Bath Apartment Is Nestled Near The Heart Of The Castro, Yet Provides A Great Retreat From The Hustle And Bustle Of The Castro And San Francisco Life Style.
Only 4 Blocks from Castro & Market Street, Allows for Easy Access to the City’s Public Transport or Taxi Service!
This Private Well Appointed Apartment Has Been Recently Renovated. Highlights Include Beautiful Oak Flooring Throughout; Awesome Stone Tiled Bathroom, Large Double Headed Shower, Striking Modern Fixtures; One Touch Dimmer Controls Throughout, Cozy Living Area With Cable Television And Internet access, and a well Appointed Kitchen. All the Comforts of Home in the Fun and Exciting City!
With Easy Access To The Castro, The Haight-Ashbury, Noe Valley, Cole Valley, Market Street (One Of San Francisco’s Main Thoroughfares) And Downtown. The Apartment Is Well Located With Plenty Of Street Parking And Excellent Public Transportation. The Bedroom Provides A Queen Size Bed, Comfy High-Thread Count Linens and Down Pillows.
The Kitchen Is Fully Equipped! Separate Compact Refrigerators (1 Food and 1 Beverage Refrigerator!), Stove, Coffee Maker, Microwave, Toaster, Glasses, Dishes and All Utensils.
It's Perfect For The Business Traveler Or Couple Visiting San Francisco For A Vacation.
In Only Four Blocks, You Are In The Middle Of Numerous Markets, Boutique Shops, Restaurants, Bars, Coffee Houses, The Landmark Castro Movie Theater, Our Historic Streetcars, Buses And Access To Bart And The Muni Railway.
Centrally Located In The Vibrant Castro/Upper Market Neighborhood
This Charming Well Appointed Apartment That Has It All!
The Mission District, Height/Asbury, Noe Valley, Hayes Valley, Giants
Baseball Stadium, Downtown Theater District And Union Square Are A
Short Street Car, Bus, Or 10 Minute Taxi Ride. They Are Also Within Walking Distance: 25-30 Minute Walk Away.
About the Owner
Awesome Castro Gem San Francisco
4.5 based on 17 traveler reviews
Very cozy and great location
My family's first visit to San Francisco and this condo was well priced among those comparable that I looked at. We spent a week. The location is great, just a very short walk down to the Muni, which is just a great light rail system. Several restaurants and shopping close by, too. Great little market/liquor store just a block away, good for light groceries, etc. As for the condo itself, it was about as big as we expected. The bedroom and bathroom are good size. The living room is a little small, so I think it would be a little cramped for 4 adults, but it was perfect size for my two kids and I. The kitchen is very small and no dishwasher or oven. Mini fridge. There is a micro and stove. My only suggestions for improvement would be, for one, add more dishes. We ran out of dishes (plates, bowls, glasses) rather quickly, so more dishes would have been nice. Also, the fold out bed (sofa sleeper) is not comfortable at all (they never are) so it would have been nice to find the inflatable mattress without a hole in it. Just needs a patch, most likely. Otherwise, everything else worked. The shower is awesome. Bed is very comfy. Overall, I would recommend, especially for a couple.
Great Location and Well Maintained Apartment
My partner and I stayed for 5 days in March 2016. We needed a place on short notice and because of a convention in town, most vacation rentals were taken. This unit was booked for weeks except for the 5 nights we needed. It was very well kept and had a nice large bathroom with plenty of towels, bath mats etc. The kitchen was also well equipped although the stove and refrigerator were very small. We didn't cook so it didn't matter to us. The bed was comfortable too. The unit is great for two people. It was also in a great location, walking distance to restaurants, stores etc. in the Castro district as well as the surrounding neighborhoods. We would stay there again.
Great place in Castro!
Awesome, very cute little apartment with no fuss in access or check in. The keyless entry is a great feature. As other reviews say, that last hill is...quite a hill... But the place is otherwise stunning.
Very nice apartment in a great location
I recently stayed at this "Awesome Castro Gem" for 2 weeks and would definitely stay there during future trips based on location, accommodations and price. Please see below for additional information that may be of interest.
* Location: The location is awesome if you are interested in staying near the Castro district. Apartment is a 5 - 10 minute walk from the muni station which makes everything in the area easily accessible.
* Apartment accommodations: The apartment accommodations were very comfortable and consistent, from a size perspective, with what one would probably expect for San Francisco. Additional specifics include" bed is comfortable with ample shelves for laying out your clothes, living room is good for having a few people over, bathroom is actually larger than expected, etc.
* Cooking facilities: I cooked a good portion of my meals and found the associated facilities certainly adequate - 2 burner electronic stove, small refrigerator, microwave, cooking utensils, etc. Probably not suited for gourmet cooking, but this isn't what was expected.
* Street noise: I am a light sleeper so did notice street noise - wasn't an issue, but something for people to consider if this is an issue for you.
* Hills: San Francisco is hilly and the last couple of blocks from the muni station to the apartment are no exception! Great way to help one get in shape.
* Pictures: The pictures in VBRO are accurate and were helpful when selecting this location.
* Owner: The owner was very helpful with everything and a nice person. Certainly enjoyed our interactions.
* Internet connectivity: High speed internet is available and was used during the week for work -- cut out a couple of times, but certainly allowed me to work remote which was great.
Bottom line: A great location for your consideration and one much enjoyed during my recent stay!
From the Owner
“Awesome Location in the heart of San Francisco”
Activity and Interests
Other Activities: Shopping, Health/Beauty Spa
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $20 per night, per additional guest|
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Broadband Access
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Mountain View
- botanical garden
- coin laundry
- duty free shops
- health/beauty spa
- live theater
- nude beach
- theme parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- deepsea fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- rock climbing
- roller blading
- sound/bay fishing
- 800 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Room 2 - 1 sleep sofa /futon
- Guests provide their own meals