Private Home, 8 Bedrooms, 8 Baths, (Sleeps 20)
This beautiful home is a 'second row' home with floor to ceiling windows facing the ocean and is directly across from the beach. The home’s front porch and two balconies allow to the ocean.
The home features eight bedrooms: four master suites with king beds, one junior suite with a queen bed, two rooms have two twin beds each, and the eighth room has a queen bed and two twin beds. All of the master suites have walk-in showers, TVs, and abundant closet space. Two of the master suites also have jetted tubs.
The first floor’s open plan starts with a large, bright open foyer with floor to ceiling window. Directly to the right is the main living room. If you walk through the living room, you will enter a 'wing' of the house that contains two of the four master bedrooms.
Also off the living room is a gourmet kitchen featuring a new stainless steel Viking cook top, two dishwashers, two refrigerators, and plentiful custom cabinetry. The kitchen also features a small wine cooler and a double oven.
The adjoining dining room seats 10 people comfortably with stools to seat additional people at the two 'bars' encircling the kitchen on either end. From the dining room, you can go directly to the enclosed deck that overlooks the large pool and spa. The enclosed, screened-in deck, which has two fans overhead, also features an over-sized picnic table which seats at least 12 people.
On the other side of the dining room is the laundry room, and a full sized bathroom. As you complete the circle back to the main foyer, there are two bedrooms joined by a “jack and jill” bathroom. Each of these rooms has two twin beds.
Heading up to the second floor, the first bedroom to the right has a queen-sized bed and an unattached bath. The next bedroom is the third master suite. As you continue on the second floor you enter the open loft which overlooks the kitchen and the living room. The loft contains a TV, stereo system (plays to the outdoor speakers), a seating area and the queen-sized sleeper sofa. On the other side of the loft is the fourth Master Suite as well as the bedroom with the Queen and two Twin beds, TV, and private bath.
The ground floor has a deck with table tennis, bar with barstools. It also contains a 2 car garage and storage space for beach equipment and golf clubs.
The pool can be accessed from the ground floor through the deck area or from the steps leading from the outside deck upstairs. There is also a brick fireplace and grill pool side that is the perfect place for an evening fire or outdoor barbecue.
An outdoor shower with hot and cold water is the perfect way to wash off after a day at the beach. There are two ways to get to the beach from our home, directly via the path leading from our pool at the back of our house, or via the path at the center of Brigantine from the front of the house. Either is a short walk to the beautiful beaches of Palmetto Dunes.
Keywords: Palmetto Dunes, Private Home, Second Row, Family Reunion, Bright, Spacious, Large Pool, Ocean View
About the Owner
We had a family reunion take place at this property. It couldn't have worked out any better. The property and its owners are terrific! Well worth the money.
Great for families
We went in May with a large group of couples with children. Plenty of room, almost 2 of everything, plenty of refrigerator space... As mentioned by a previous reviewer, the owner was very good at communicating with us and easy to get in touch with. We really enjoyed our time in this house
Great house for a large family gathering
We have stayed at 9 Brigantine for the last several summers with our large extended family. The house has a great layout for a large group. The owners are great to work with and they even took our suggestions of a much needed second refrigerator and new grill. They also had new pool furniture this year. It is in a great location, quiet, but not too far from the main road into Palmetto Dunes. Short, easy walk to the beach.
Great Golf Weekend House
We are a group of 12 middle aged male golfers that have gone on an annual Hilton Head golf trip for the past 20+ years. During that time we have stayed in many homes on the island and most have been suitable. Our favorite however is 9 Brigantine, and we have stayed several times. The location is perfect, the house is more than big enough for our group and it has 12 beds - a must for a group like ours. We also like the layout, which is convenient for a bunch of guys who don't cook but like to have cocktails before heading out for dinner. This year we didn't use the pool or ping pong table, but they are perfect for post golf afternoons or post dinner competitions. Overall this is the best house we have stayed in and will plan to stay again next year.
While reviews have mixed benefits and accuracy, we were concerned with the one comment regarding "Disappointed." Perhaps, this reduced our expectations, but regardless, our expectations were exceeded. The home was in nice condition - with a brand new cooktop as well - and the location cannot be beat. We look forward to our next visit to the home!
Great location. That's about all for the positives. Unfortunately this home is not being well maintained. For the cost this home should be in pristine condition. It is not.
Upon arrival it was dirty including:
- Garages cobwebs and floors unswept
-Garbage bag full of trash under the tiki bar
- Side of house garbage cans overflowing trash and animals had torn into it, broken tent frame left behind, other junked items scattered about
- Front porch had sand and broken beach chairs
- One shower was poorly cleaned with mildew left behind
- Vomit on one of master bedrooms carpet floor (confirmed vomit by cleaners who we requested to come back on day two to finish cleaning the hosue and address these issues)
- Smoke detector in bedroom dangling by wires from ceiling
- Dining area flooring poorly installed or coming apart with gaps between end of faux wood planks
- Very limited seating for "sleeping" 20
- Technology is poor in this house. TVs are the old large box versions or flat screen with no HDMI cables
-Wi-Fi is horrible. Dial up speeds. Nothing could be done to improve this
- Cable TV reception was going in and out reception wise making the sound and picture "stutter"
-The pool cleaning guy turned off the gas to the stove top. Took maintenance two days to figure out. Very disappointing b/c we do a lot of great cooking during these trips.
- One Ceiling fan on porch was missing a fan blade
- Missing remote for one of the TVs.
-Four of the beds were broken and coming apart where the headboards meet the railings. One of the Kings in a master bedroom collapsed just sitting on it and they all squeaked very loudly
- One master bedroom door was coming off hinges falling down
- A couple of the bathroom doors wouldn't shut without lifting and pulling hard
- No locks on many of the bathroom doors.
- One bedroom door sticks and putting a shoulder into it is required to get it to open
-There is a vacant lot across the street but there is no view of the ocean due to the trees and foilage...which is nice but wasn't what we expected. HHI is a very green area and this is great
- Carpets were extremely worn and dirty from high traffic. Again...Poor maintenance.
- We were told by cleaners they had renters the previous week who were extremely messy and "trashed" the house. Well, so we suffer b/c of that? How about a discount?
- Emailed the owner to inform them of the house's condition. No response yet. It's been five days as of this posting.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Aug 20 2016 - Oct 1 2016
3 night minimum stay
Nov 19 2016 - Jan 7 2017
3 night minimum stay
May 20 2017 - Aug 19 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Property Damage Protection||$99|
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Garage ...
- Linens Provided
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet ...
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dishwasher ...
- Ice Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining Area
- CD Player
- DVD Player ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub ...
- Private Pool ...
- jetted tub ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Ocean View
- health/beauty spa
- miniature golf
- outlet shopping
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- sound/bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- Bathroom 4
- Bathroom 5
- Bathroom 6
- Bathroom 7
- Bathroom 8
- 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- King size beds (4) Each in a private room with an attached full bath, Queen size Beds (1) In a private room with an unattached full bath, Double Beds (1) In a room with an attached full bath, Twin or Single Beds (4) Four are in two rooms with a joint full bath (a second full bath is unattached). The other two are in another room with an attached full bath, Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) This is a queen sized sofa bed in the loft area above the main living room
- Balcony ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals