5 Bedroom, 3.5 Bath House, 3 Floors Of Living Space
Large family home on corner lot within walking distance to Lake Washington, Shops and Restaurants of Madronna neighborhood and 1.5 miles from Downtown Seattle.
3 large bedrooms, 2 baths top floor. Living, dining and large kitchen main floor. 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and media room in lower level. Large deck and fenced backyard.
great house - great location
About the Owner
4.9 based on 34 traveler reviews
great house - great location
We just loved the house - such a treat to stay in a Craftsman style home with all its character. The kitchen layout was perfect. Super convenient location - quick drives to downtown, Space Needle area & even Bellevue for their botanical gardens. The Medrona neighborhood was great - took lots of walks, enjoying all the architecture & water views from the neighborhood. Walked to Molly Moon's for ice cream, too. If I could make a wish list list, I'd ask for the kitchen knives to be sharpened, a pair of scissors, and the washer & dryer to be on the top floor in the hallway rather than the bedroom they are in now. Of course, if we had all those things, we may not have left! Best vacation house we've ever stayed in. Thanks Bob for your flexibility and for always responding so quickly to any questions!
Really nice home on the edge of downtown Seattle!
Very nice home with lots of bedroom space and the kitchen is well appointed. I personally liked having two dishwashers, what a plus when entertaining! We really had a nice time here and the location is good too, which I was unsure about when I booked this reservation. It is quite close to downtown Seattle but not in the heart of the city so we enjoyed nice quite mornings on the porch and the kids walked around. Also, it is not too far from Woodinville so we toured some wineries, just a comfortable short drive. I would recommend this house to others!
Fulfilled all expectations
Only my second experience with a VRBO house, I was thoroughly pleased with this beautiful house in Madrona. There were 11 family members from 4 families--there was lots of space, light and privacy. The layout and furnishings were perfect for a big group: plenty of comfortable places to gather and sit and there is a beautifully furnished kitchen (even oyster knives!). The place was spotlessly clean. And Nourri, the point person from the management company who was cleaning the deck before we arrived was gracious and informative--he said call me if you need anything. We were allowed to arrive 2 hours early because of our flight--a gracious accommodation. The neighborhood is verdant and wonderful for walking. I recommend this house!
Great for Big Groups
I just attended a wedding in Seattle, we rented this place and also listing 656126, the two houses are less than 5 minutes away from each other and have the same owner. In this unit we had 9 adults and a baby staying here (Ages 30-40 + baby). Here's a list of pros and cons (Don't worry about my large con section, I go a little deeper in the cons because I find these are the most helpful when I read reviews, but honestly I rated this 5 stars, these are issues that are fairly minor and some are beyond the owner's control):
- Great looking house, the kitchen is huge, has a very open feel to it, great for entertaining.
- Ample street parking, which was important to us because we had 3 rental cars that needed parking.
- Very central location, was less than 20 minutes from almost all the tourist attractions and other areas we needed to go to.
- Nice neighborhood, seemed very safe and scenic place.
- Fully stocked with all the tools you need for a great stay, plenty of dishes/pots/pans if you want to try cooking stuff and eating in.
- The wi-fi at this house is pretty weak, unless you stay on the main floor, chances are the wi-fi will keep disconnecting.
- Cell phone reception is also weak at this house, between the 9 of us we had Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T all of them had trouble getting reception. the place I found the most success were the rooms in the front of the house.
- Lots of stairs, so if you have people who don't do well walking stairs this probably isn't the place for you. Tip: If you want to unload groceries or baggage, park near the side entrance and enter from the back of the house, you can complete avoid the stairs in front.
Excellent craftsman style house fit the whole family
We stayed here with a total of 12 people, 5 were children. The basement area was excellent for them to play and watch movies, while the adults could hang out and talk on the main floor. The house was well stocked with a pack n play and booster seats. It made traveling with a toddler so much easier. The kitchen was filled with essentials. We had an amazing stay and a great vacation. Highly recommended.
The property was clean and cozy. It would have been nice to have a few extra towels.
The property was centrally located. We had a problem with the heat to begin with and the caretaker came within minutes of our call to fix it. We loved the cafe and nearby coffee shop in our neighborhood. We went for lots of walks in the neighborhood. It would have been nice to have more casual sitting area for when our whole family was there, with some side tables to sit drinks on. Overall it was a nice place for our family to stay during our stay. We would come back.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 2 2016 - Sep 4 2016
5 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Cleaning||$195 + Tax|
|Pet Fee||$100 + Tax|
Reservation Deposit $1000 with remaining balance due 90 days prior to start of rental
Cleaning fee $195
Pet Fee $90
All amounts taxed at 9.5%
Security deposit via credit card authorization
Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years are priced at Summer Rates with 4 night minimum stay
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, tub, shower, Master Bathroom with separate tub and shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Located on top floor. Serves 2 bedrooms
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, shower, Located on lower level. Serves bedrooms 4 & 5
- Bathroom 4 - toilet, Powder room located on main floor
- Half Bathroom
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, Master Bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2 - 1 king, Located on top floor. Shares bathroom with bedroom 3
- Bedroom 3 - 2 twin/ single, Located on top floor. Shares bathroom with Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 4 - 1 king, Located on bottom floor. Shares bathroom with Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 5 - 1 queen, Located on bottom floor. Shares bathroom with Bedroom 4
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals