4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, sleeps 8
Riviera Retreat - Expansive Views and Family Comfort
NOTE: 30-NIGHT MINIMUM STAY EFFECTIVE 1/1/17
The quaint streets of the Riviera lead you up to this bright split-level home with expansive coastal vistas from almost every area of the home. Relax on the upper deck or lower patio, and enjoy south-facing views of the blue coastal waters that cradle the Channel Islands in the distance. Perched atop the Riviera overlooking Santa Barbara, there is no finer view.
Inside, lofty wood-beam ceilings enhance a great floor plan with versatile appeal. Smart in design, the home is comfortable with a relaxed and eclectic feel. Local art and colorful photographs taken by the owner add a bright pop of color throughout the home.
The Kitchen and Dining area is open and spacious, and becomes a central area for gathering and cooking. A lavish supply of culinary tools offers ease and convenience. Adjacent to the Kitchen, the Dining Room table seats 8, and the nearby breakfast table seats 4. Just outside the dining area and Kitchen is a protected patio with barbecue and spa. A pathway also leads down to the lower deck and terraced garden with walking path.
The Game Room is off the Kitchen and offers guests a great spot to enjoy Foosball or a video game on the Wii. Open the sliding doors to extend this room out onto the spa deck.
The upper level has an expansive deck overlooking the entire city of Santa Barbara, and is truly the heart of this wonderful home. An outdoor dining table is perfectly positioned in the corner overlooking the city lights. If the night air turns chilly, retire to the central Living Room without loosing any of the view.
To the right of the Living Room is the Master Suite with a king-size bed, bay window, and high open beam ceilings. A private deck off this room offers a great spot for morning coffee or star gazing. The classic tile and marble Master Bathroom has a walk-in shower, a soaking tub, and 2 sinks.
To the left of the Living Room is the large corner office which is a wonderful place for working professionals. Once you close the laptop for the day, just step outside to the deck to relax and enjoy the serene ocean views.
On the lower level, a fantastic feature of this home is the 2 bedroom Family Suite. One bedroom offers a queen-size bed and full bathroom. The 2nd bedroom has 2 twin day beds and kitchenette. Please note that guests will have to go through the adjacent bedroom to access this room or use the exterior door to access from the side yard.
Central to the lower level is the Family Room with a flat screen TV, sectional couch, and a second fireplace. Sliding doors lead out to the lower patio and yard. The lower patio invites morning meditation or quiet conversation overlooking the city and ocean. The yard boasts citrus trees and natural plantings on the terraced hillside.
To the left of the Family Room is the 4th bedroom with king-size bed, full bathroom, and sliding doors to the patio outside.
Riviera Retreat's views and relaxed comfort will set the tone for a scenic and peaceful getaway. In a reserved and quiet neighborhood with long standing residents, a quiet respite is assured, and kindly expected from guests in return. Take time to get away from the busy pace of life - come for the views, leave relaxed and happy!
NOTE: 30-NIGHT MINIMUM STAY EFFECTIVE 1/1/17
Summer Season rates are in effect for Thanksgiving Week & Christmas Weeks.
7-Night minimum stay.
Stays of less than 30 nights are subject to an 12% Lodging Tax.
$350 Cleaning Fee (14+ night stays require additional cleaning fees), Booking Fee (varies based on reservation cost).
$2,000 security deposit refundable within 14 days of checkout. Deposit is reduced to $500 with purchase of Damage Waiver.
30+ night stays require extra security deposit, and do not qualify for the damage waiver program.
Until confirmed, rates are subject to change.
Excellent property and overall wonderful experience
About the Manager
World Class Vacation Rentals, LLC
16 E. Arrellaga Street
Santa Barbara, CA. 93101
+1 (805) 275-1851
Guestbook comments from the manager
(Transcribed from guest comments)
We all had a wonderful time, loved the house, the views of course, the light, the space. We hiked, walked on the beach, went to yoga, had great meals at what felt like home. Thanks for a great after Christmas week, we are rested and happy the start the New Year.
5 based on 4 traveler reviews
Excellent property and overall wonderful experience
We stayed at the Rivera Retreat with our family of 5 and a friend's family of 3 for a week. Plenty of room (although my 16 year old son had to sleep on a couch since the futon in the playroom was broken and our friend's child was a 21 year old female). Excellent views. Very responsive property management. Modern appliances. Many spices were available in the panty. Clean working grill. Nice looking hot tub (we were too busy to actually use it). The fruit trees were a plus. The washing machine and dryer were an added bonus. The neighborhood was quiet and safe. The street to the property was quite challenging (up hill and very curvy) but worth the drive. There was even a beach tar removal kit just inside of the front door and a water hose just outside of the door to remove the sand from our feet. We come to Santa Barbara every year and usually stay at the Fess Parker or Bacara Hotels. This year we wanted to try something different and rented a house instead. Everyone had a great time. My wife and kids can't wait to stay here again. (P.S. I felt right at home when I first arrived and opened up the cabinet. I saw two Michigan Alumi Association drinking glasses---my wife and I are both duel degree alumus of Michigan.)
4th time with Paradise Retreat.
We had a great time in a wonderful house. We loved staying at home and having great meals. With children we spent some time at the beach, hiked and played lots of games.
We will talk about this family vacation for a long time and would love to come back and to recommend it to friends.
Thanks for a great week with the family.
Gorgeous views, Goregous Home,
We had a small family reunion for the Labor Day weekend.
Rivera Retreat was beyond what we expected. Our family had so much fun.
The home was fully equipped for cooking all our meals, sitting outside and enjoying the beautiful view and sunsets.
It was sad to leave, their was plenty of room where you felt you had your own suite.
The grounds were beautiful and immaculate. We will be back next September. Thank you for sharing your home
Sheila and family
Activity and Interests
Mission, Courthouse, Beach, Zoo, Art Museums, Galleries, Natural History Museum, Botanical Garden, Parks, Wharf, Harbor,
Biking (road and mountain), Beach Volleyball, Walking, Golf, Sailing, Surfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Hiking, Hunting, Fishing (lake and ocean), Swimming.
- From $525 - 3 night minimum
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Clothes Dryer
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining Area ...
- DVD Player
- Game Room ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- Video Games
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Ocean View
- botanical garden
- live theater
- recreation center
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- surf fishing
- 3500 sq. ft.
- Master Bathroom #1 - toilet, tub, shower, Master Bathroom #1 w/walk-in shower, soaking tub, 2 sinks,
- Bathroom #2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Bathroom #2 (in Bedroom #2) w/shower-tub combination, sink,
- Bathroom #3 - toilet, shower, Bathroom #3 (in Bedroom #4) w/walk-in shower with seat, sink
- Bathroom #4 - toilet, Powder Room (Main level) w/sink toilet
- Master Bathroom #1 w/walk-in shower, soaking tub, 2 sinks, toilet Bathroom #2 (in Bedroom #2) w/shower-tub combination, sink, toilet Bathroom #3 (in Bedroom #4) w/walk-in shower with seat, sink, toilet Powder Room (Main level) w/sink toilet
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Master Bedroom - 1 king, Master Bedroom (Upper level) with king-size bed
- Bedroom #2 - 1 queen, Bedroom #2 (Lower level) w/queen-size
- Bedroom #3 - 1 twin/ single, Bedroom #3 (Lower level) w/2 twin day beds
- Bedroom #4 - 1 king, Bedroom #4 (Lower level) w/king-size bed
- Master Bedroom (Upper level) with king-size bed Bedroom #2 (Lower level) w/queen-size Bedroom #3 (Lower level) w/2 twin day beds Bedroom #4 (Lower level) w/king-size bed
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- Expansive ocean and island views from decks and all bedrooms, Spa, Barbecue, private Master Suite w/balcony, 2 Bedroom Family Suite with wet bar, Wonderful comfortable family home, All New Stainless Steel appliances, 5 burner stove, Rice Cooker, Waffle Iron, Dining Room table seats 8, Breakfast table seats 4, Center Island seats 2, Outside dining table on upper deck seats 8, Living Room with fireplace and deck access, Family Room w/fireplace and patio access, Bedroom #3 w/wet bar and patio access, 47' flat screen LED TV w/Blu-ray DVD/DVR (Family Room), 42' flat screen LED TV (Master Bedroom), 39' flat screen TV w/Blu-ray DVD (Bedroom #3), 42' flat screen LED TV with Nintendo Wii (which plays DVD/DVR), CD Player, Chess, Foosball table (Game Room), Upper Deck with amazing views, Terraced yard with stairs and path, Fruit and avocado trees, Outdoor seating on upper deck and lower patio, Propane barbecue, Lounges on both levels, Parking for 1 car in garage, 2 cars in driveway.