We are conveniently located on Cortland Avenue, the heart of Bernal Heights, and only two blocks away from a wonderful selection of restaurants, cafes, bakeries and independently owned boutiques and shops. Within the vicinity, we have our own library, fitness gym, dry cleaner, pet store, yoga studio, florist, as well as parks and playgrounds. A few short blocks away is San Francisco’s famous Alemany Farmers Market (Sat) and Flea Market (Sun).
We are about 15 minutes from San Francisco International Airport, and about 10 minutes from downtown by car. Easy freeway access to Highways 101 and 280. Two Muni bus lines can take you to the downtown area, as well as BART stations at Glen Park and Mission/24th. Urban hikes are plentiful in our beautiful Bernal neighborhood, with the highlight at the top of Bernal Heights Park, offering a breathtaking panoramic view of the city and the Bay. Local residents are a friendly, eclectic mix of families, professionals, dog lovers and young couples with babies.
Modern amenities, including freshly laundered bed linens, bath towels and a well-stocked kitchen with all the comforts of home. It can comfortably sleep 2 adults (or an exception - 2 adults, 2 small children below 10 years old), with a queen-sized bed plus a fold-down, full-sized sleeper sofa. The space is ideal for couples.
At the moment, we are only doing monthly rentals.
- $2,700/month at discounted rate of $90 per night for first 2 guests; $3,000/month after first 2 guests (up two max. 3).
- Extra person charge $300 per person (up to max. 3) or $10/night.
- $80 Cleaning Fee and $200 refundable security deposit to be paid in cash or 2 checks (USA guests) upon check in.
- $500 initial deposit to secure booking.
- Balance payment due 30 days before check in date.
1. Rent fee can be paid by cash, personal check, PayPal or credit card via Home Away Reservation Manager.
2. Separate payments of US$80 cleaning fee and US$200 refundable security deposit to be paid in cash or 2 checks (for USA guests) upon check in.
3. All guests are required to acknowledge and sign a standard rental agreement that provides an overview of duration of stay, total rent fee, house rules.
4. Rental Agreement and Arrival Guide will be sent to guests by email upon confirmation of booking.
5. Check in time: after 2pm; Check out time: before 10am
6. Access to washer and dryer can be arranged for longer stays.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Is the rental noisy?
We are in the city, so city life happens. The rental has double glazed windows and insulated walls to cut down on noise, and it does help. Noise tolerance is very personal and highly subjective to the individual’s comfort zone. Most of our guests do not have a problem with street noise, even babies and toddlers have slept soundly throughout the night! If you are a very light sleeper or highly sensitive to any noise, then this is not the right place for you.
2. Why do you charge an extra $80 cleaning fee?
The cleaning fee is a one-time charge to clean the rental after you check out. It is a fair market rate by San Francisco standard. We take pride in delivering a clean, sanitized and comfortable space to each guest staying with us.
3. Why do I need to sign a rental agreement with you?
The rental agreement is a standard document that I require all my guests to acknowledge and sign, so that we are on the same page and have no cause for any misunderstanding. Different hosts have their own way of doing things to ensure a safe environment for themselves and their guests. I find it useful as a communication tool to make sure all is good and agreeable before the guests check in. This is also one way to gauge the sincerity of complete strangers coming into our home.
4. Is there parking available?
For those driving, there is ample free street parking nearby. It is not a problem to find parking on this side of Cortland Avenue.
5. What is your refund policy?
An upfront deposit equivalent to one night’s stay is required to reserve the rental. The balance payment is due one month before arrival date. You can cancel your reservation at any time, provided that you notify us one month before your check in date to get your initial deposit back. If the check in date is less than a month away, then a full payment is required to book the apartment. No refunds will be issued for last minute cancellations.
6. Can 4 adults stay in your rental?
NO. Our listing clearly states the maximum occupancy is 2 adults, or 2 adults with 2 small children under 10 years old.
7. Are babies and toddlers welcome?
Yes of course! Just a few things to consider: The rental is essentially meant for two adults, so we are not equipped for infants and toddlers i.e. no child proofing and no bathtub, only a small shower stall. This might be something to think about with infants and young children.
8. Is my baby/toddler considered a third person?
We are happy to waive the third person charge for children under 12 months old. Extra person charge applies for everyone older than 1 year old.
Our calendar is updated regularly, so please kindly check the calendar for available dates before you send an inquiry. We would also appreciate it if you can tell us a little more about yourself when you send us a message, so that we can accommodate your needs better.
Thanks for your cooperation!