10 Bungalows,2br Villa plus 4br/4.5 bath Suite! 3 Gourmet Kitchen- Sleeps 60
Mar y Selva Ecolodge Retreat is an immersion in the rain forest, with fresh clean air and all the comforts of home. Near virgin beaches, It has the only Olympic size pool in the southern part of Costa Rica. On property we have 10 individual bungalows, each complete with individual bathrooms, air conditioning, either a king or queen bed, refrigerator, coffee maker, and a fantastic ocean view on their private patios.
1 Villa with 2 bedrooms,1 bathroom,full equipped kitchen,laundry room,air conditioning,Satélite Tv and a balcony with ocean view .
The main building has three floors. The first floor is an open air dining area that seats up to 60 people and a gourmet kitchen. The second floor has an open floor plan that can be configured for yoga, business meetings, family events, or other activities. The third floor has a 4br/4.5 bath suite with a gourmet kitchen and spectacular views of the ocean from it's 80' balcony. In addition to the lodging arrangements the Mar y Selva has an Olympic length swimming pool that is perfect for large groups, lap swimming and pool parties. For our VRBO guests we also provide 2 kayaks and other amenities.
We take pride in providing you excellent service. Breakfast is included in the cost of the reservation and consists of fresh fruits, freshly made tropical fruit juices,´´Gallo pinto´´, eggs, cereal and other delicious foods from Costa Rica. If you don't want to cook during your stay, a customized menu and a full service chef/staff is available at an additional charge. Additionally our staff can arrange transportation, schedule tours and ensure that you have the visit that you will remember for a lifetime.
Our view is of the Ballena Marino National Park and we are close to Corcovado National Park as well as Caño Island, the mangroves of the Sierpe and Térraba rivers, several beautiful beaches and surfing areas as well as refreshing waterfalls, including Nauyaca Falls. The Mar y Selva is located on 20 acres of Costa Rican jungle and the sights and sounds are amazing! The howler monkeys and the toucans surround you, as will a myriad of other birds, butterflies and other small animals and reptiles of the forest. This is a perfect retreat for families, friends or a business retreat.
Keywords: House, Villas, Retreat, Estate, Compound, Spa, Hotel, Lodge, Olympic sized pool, lap pool, jungle, ecolodge, wildlife, close to beaches, sleeps 40+, Amazing views, weddings, special events, yoga, swimming, ocean views, triathlon, bicyling, jungle, quite, seclusion, ocean, whales, dolphins, scuba, fishing, water falls, horseback riding, hiking, kayak
Great group retreat
About the Owner
5 based on 3 traveler reviews
Great group retreat
We had a group trip here for ~45 people and Mira Selva was a great choice. Close enough to a number of greg beaches and sites and secluded enough that we didn't have to worry about disturbing anyone. Bernan and the staff were great and everyone enjoyed their stay. It's not one of the options, but I would definitely recommend this property for groups looking to combine a little work and pleasure.
Just as good the second time!
My extended family had stayed on this property two years ago and decided to return this year for two weeks. We were not disappointed! We had a great time kayaking, hiking, going to the beach, zip lining, horseback riding and whale watching. I highly recommend the Mar y Selva. We chose to use the chef services for supper this time and Ester is a fantastic chef! Here seafood dishes are to die for :)
I can not say enough about the Mar y Selva staff and facilities, they were fantastic. My extended family and I stayed there for a week during the Whale festival and we absolutely had a blast. The hotel was exactly as advertised (very refreshing if you have ever been sucked in by the advertisements and then arrived to find that it wasn't exactly what was advertised or the photos were years old) and the staff was very helpful and responsive. We were able to see the whales and enjoy other once in a lifetime experiences as well. While in Costa Rica we also went horse back riding, zip lining and took a tour of the local environmental reserves. All in all just a fantastic experience.
Activity and Interests
Across the street from Marino Ballena National Park, Cave Kayaking, Ziplining, Waterfall Repelling, Surfing, Inshore & Deep Sea fishing, Atv Tours, Waterfall on the property, Virgin Rain Forest, Bird Watching, Amazing get away for groups.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 23 2016 - Jan 4 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
We accept all major credit cards, paypal and direct bank deposits. 50% is required on booking and is refundable within the policies located on our web site (www.maryselva.com).
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Computer Available
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet ...
- Catering Available ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Cooking Utensils ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Private Pool ...
- jetted tub ...
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Beach View
- Ocean View
- botanical garden
- health/beauty spa
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horseback riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
- wildlife viewing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- sound/bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- whitewater rafting
- 25600 sq. ft.
- Bungalow 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bungalow 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bungalow 3 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bungalow 4 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bungalow 5 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bungalow 7 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bungalow 6 - toilet, shower
- Owner's Suite 2 - toilet, shower, jetted tub
- Villa-Atardecer - toilet, shower
- Owner's Suite MB - toilet, tub, shower
- Owner's Suite 3 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Owner's Suite 4 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Poolside - outdoor shower
- Owner's Suite - toilet
- Bungalow 10 - toilet, combination tub/shower, jetted tub
- Bungalow 8 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bungalow 9 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- First Floor Dining 1 - toilet
- First Floor Dining 2 - toilet
- Second Floor 1 - toilet
- Second Floor 2 - toilet
- 15 Bedrooms, Sleeps 54
- Owner's Suite Master Bedroom - 1 queen, Spectacular Views of the ocean, private bath
- Owner's Suite 4 - 1 sleep sofa /futon, 2 bunk bed, Private Bath
- Owner's Suite 3 - 2 bunk bed, Private Bath
- Owner's Suite 2 - 1 queen, 1 bunk bed, Private Bath
- Bungalow # 1-Mielito - 1 queen, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Private Bath, Ocean View Patio, Refrigerator, more
- Bungalow #2-Bijagua - 1 queen, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Private Bath, Ocean View Patio, Refrigerator, more
- Bungalow #9-Amapola - 1 queen, 1 sleep sofa /futon, 1 bunk bed, Private Bath, Ocean View Patio, Refrigerator, more
- Bungalow #10-Paraiso - 1 king, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Private Bath, Ocean View Patio, Refrigerator, more
- Villa-Atardecer - 2 double, 1 sleep sofa /futon, 1 bunk bed, Full equipped kitchen,private bath,balcony-ocean view
- Bungalow #3-Guarumo - 1 queen, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Private Bath, Ocean View Patio, Refrigerator, more
- Bungalow #4-Orquidea - 1 queen, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Private Bath, Ocean View Patio, Refrigerator, more
- Bungalow #5-Bromelia - 1 queen, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Private Bath, Ocean View Patio, Refrigerator, more
- Bungalow #6-Heliconia - 1 queen, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Private Bath, Ocean View Patio, Refrigerator, more
- Bungalow #7-Gengibre - 1 queen, 1 bunk bed, Private Bath, Ocean View Patio, Refrigerator, more
- Bungalow #8-Mañanera - 1 queen, 1 sleep sofa /futon, 1 bunk bed, Private Bath, Ocean View Patio, Refrigerator, more
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (12),Full size beds(2) Baby Cribs (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (11), Bunk Beds (9)
- Balcony ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Included in Price
- Booking Possible
- Booking Possible
- Catering available