2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom, Sleeps 5
The Great Pyrenees is cozy and warm, two bedrooms and two baths. It has a mini split system and you can barely hear the heater and air conditioner. The house is fully outfitted and has a remote control garage for your vehicle. It's located behind Risen Savior Catholic Church and is very close to Hoffman Town. The house is on church land. Grocery stores are nearby and doggies and cats are welcomed.
Bottle of Wine
About the Owner
5 based on 4 traveler reviews
Bottle of Wine
Wonderful place to stay. Perfect for 5 of us and everything that we needed was there. I didn't want to take any of my homework with me for the weekend, but it was nice to have wi-fi because I was able to keep up with my emails and Facebook! :) Thank you for the bottle of wine and for being so accommodating! Hopefully we'll be returning soon!
Quiet neighborhood great house
We stayed for 5 nights in December and this house was perfect. It is in a quiet and safe neighborhood close to grocery stores and whatever else you need. It was clean and the bedrooms and bathrooms are much bigger than pictured. The owner Steven was wonderful to work with and easy to contact. We really appreciated the garage to park in, we had 60 degrees and sunny, raining, and even 3 inches of snow during our stay. It was nice to park the car inside. I would definitely recommend this house.
Peace comfort and convenience
We throughly enjoyed our stay at the Great Pyrenees house. The house was easy to get to and in a quiet, safe neighborhood. Everything was as we were told it would be. Lovely, clean, and perfectly suited to ours and in my opinion the needs of any traveler. We will definitely recommend this house to others and in doing so feel we are adding greatly to the pleasure of their vacation.
Our two weeks during the Balloon Fiesta 2015 was more than perfect. Steve and Anna provide a place, close to the Fiesta, with all the luxury of having many amenities in the home plus parking in a garage. The house for our family of 5 was ideal for sleeping all 5 adults. With the washer and dryer, our luggage was able to be lighter. Food shopping was close and convenient. The house is spacious and provided all the essential needed plus more!
1. Our main attraction was the Balloon Fiesta. It’s been on our ‘bucket list’. We took the hot air balloon ride from the Fiesta Park on the first Saturday ‘ascension’ with Rainbow Ryders. The car lines are long. On the weekends, the crowds are significantly greater. Dawn Patrol at 6AM is worth it. The ‘special shape’ ascension during the week is also an exceptional event for BIG KIDS too. The night programs were good but we only attended a few.
2. Our travels to Albuquerque’s sites were varied and all were interesting. One needs to be highlighted: Indian Pueblo Cultural Center in order to appreciate the Pueblo people from this region.
3. Many National Parks were within a day’s drive. All require lots of walking. Be sure to bring water, sunscreen and hats. Our plans were to visit several in the area.
4. JUST A NOTE: We planned to go up on the Sandia Peak Tramway. Since the winds were too much for the tram, that needed to be cancelled. If you are up for the car ride around the mountain, this will turn into a day’s adventure. The views are breathtaking.
*Lunches - All of our lunches were picnic style and planned ahead for the day’s activity.
*Dinners - Most were dependent on the location and if the family would rather grab a pizza and bring it back to the house. Dion’s became our nearby choice. If you are interested in late dining with Fiesta fireworks in the distance, try Sandiago’s Mexican Grill at the base of Sandia Peak Tramway. Remember: The by-word in New Mexico is: Red or Green…meaning HOT chili either red or green!
*Food: Smith’s was the closest and reasonable pricing.
*At the Balloon Fiesta, the food cost is higher. Be selective on souvenir items.
*In Old Town, there are many stores for shopping. David Behrens at Painted Sky Gallery was very helpful with our purchases of authentic American Indian items.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Oct 1 2016 - Oct 9 2016
1 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Dining Area
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, tub, shower, jetted tub
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Guests provide their own meals