2 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom Condominium
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
We’ll be back!!
Fantastic week at this location. We truly enjoyed it. Lovely area with lots of amenities . The whole family loved it. No complaints except the bed was on the soft and springy side.
Wonderful stay in Osoyoos
Great family getaway. Weather good and just enjoyed a relaxing vacation. Did some wine tasting at Cassini, grandkids enjoyed pool at the complex and Rattlesnake Canyon.
Really enjoyed ourselves. Kids loved it
Likely will not be back
I'm actually not certain that I have ever had to write a review so poor, but unfortunately our experience (5 of us total) was not one we enjoyed. We had booked this trip months in advance and were very excited as one of our group had stayed before and enjoyed it immensely - it was the sole reason we chose this place.
Unfortunately there were numerous issues:
1. We arrived just before 5pm (check in starts at 4pm) only to find out our unit had not been cleaned.
2. The person who led us to our unit to discover it had not been cleaned did not give us our door code. We assumed we would receive it from the front office after it was cleaned. Turns out the office closed at 5pm and if we hadn't tracked down the cleaner of our unit on the property I'm not sure how easily we could have gotten it.
3. One of us had left some items in the washroom when we changed to go to the pool. One of the cleaners picked up her necklace and did not seem to believe us that it was hers. It took all 5 of us saying it was hers to have the cleaner give it back despite our stuff being in the washroom, bedroom, and kitchen/living room area. It does then make me wonder what happened to my blanket (see below).
3. We were asked by the cleaner to switch the laundry over for them. Honestly, we are paying to stay there and should not have to swap laundry over especially when we were delayed the ability to enjoy the space we paid full price for.
4. The property advertises they have bikes available for rent on-site so we attempted to go take them out for a day. Of the 4 only 2 were functional. I offered to fix the 2 broken ones (used to do it for a living, even mentioned that) and I was ignored. So it ruined our plans to ride bikes to the local wineries and we ended up having to drive instead.
5. Within days of leaving one of us realized we had left a fleece blanket behind - one with sentimental value. Immediately the property manager was emailed and we were told that someone else was in the unit and they would have to check in with them. 6 days went by with no answer so we emailed again only to find out 2 days later the blanket was never found.
There were some positives such as the unit itself is nice, the master bedroom was a good size (2nd bedroom is tiny!), unit was well stocked for what we needed, it was a 2min walk to the beach.
All in we did not feel the pros outweighed the cons and were extremely disappointed and have chosen not to go back.
It's unfortunate that your condo was not ready upon your arrival, we try very hard to have the units done on a timely basis. On most occasions we are able to accommodate early check-ins.
In response to your 2 star review, I would like to point out a few things:
1) There is an on site Office, Office Assistant & Property Manager. You are welcome to call or text if you need a hand, including having the locks reset. The phone number is posted by the office and the main building is open until 11 pm.
2) In regards to items left in the bathroom; the cleaner you are referring too is a very honest, hard working individual. She has turned in I pads, I phones, lap tops, 3 carat diamond rings and gold bracelets and other personal items such as a bamboo sports bra. (Which I drove to Kelowna and personally returned to a guest).
3) In regards to laundry, the cleaner may have let you know there was towels still drying in the dryer.
4. We have 4 bikes available for rental; you had a group of five, so even if all our bikes were functional at the time, there wouldn't have been enough for your group. (We were waiting on parts for 2 of the bikes and cannot have guests working on them but appreciate your offer). There are many other places that do provide bike rentals & deliver within Osoyoos. There are brochures by the office. (ie: Double O Bikes, Heat Stroke, etc)
5. In regards to your blanket. Your 1st inquiry was on July 15 at 1:31 pm and a reply was then sent the same day at 2:28 pm. At that time your blanket was not turned into our office. The next guest had already checked in and when asked advised he hadn't seen it. We later discovered it in our laundry room. We would be happy to return it to you.
6. In regards to the size of the 2nd bedroom in the condo, this shouldn't have been a surprise as you mentioned you (or your friend) had previously stayed at our resort and all of the condo's have the same floor plan and are all 800 square foot.
It is unfortunate that you didn't enjoy your time at the resort and have provided a 2 star review as most of our guests do enjoy staying with us and re-book a year in advance. The average traveler rating we receive is 5 star. That being said, we are ranked #8 of 26 in Osoyoos and continue to strive to do better.
Thank your for your time and review.
Week in Osoyoos
Complex is nice and well maintained. Great location. However, when we checked in the Manager was unavailable and whenever we tried to talk to her she was unavailable. She had a young lady assisting her but she wasn't able to answer our questions about launching our seadoo or where to store our seadoo trailer. Condo was not very clean - old crumbs between counter and stove, many light bulbs burnt out, towels and tea towels damp as not dried well enough. We had to request a scrubber for the pots and toilet paper. We found the parking lot very tight and no indication of an exit so many people got stuck backing out with a large boat. Parking spots very tight. If I were to come again I would request a condo across from the lake as the pool had activity at all times often with unattended children.
Clean, large apartment, great setting
Loved osoyoos, lovely apartment, big, clean and super close to private little beach. Apartment also has pool which is a bonus given the summer heat of osoyoos.
Thank you so much for the review Robert, we really appreciate it! So glad you enjoyed your time here at the resort and hope that you will be back in the future!
This resort is perfectly located on the south part of Osoyoos Lake looking out at Haynes Point. Close to town, restaurants & all the amenities but without the noise.