4 Bedroom 2 Bath Log Cabin With Propae Fireplace
Owners Charlie and Wendy Palmer
About Owners Charlie and Wendy Palmer
Greetings! My name is Charlie Palmer and I am the owner and operator of AZFishGuide. I am a Licensed Fly-Fishing Guide in the State of Arizona and have been Fishing for over 30 years. Fly Fishing is my passion and I enjoy teaching others. That is why I have started my own Fly Fishing Guide Service. My goal is to educate others in the sport, make Fly Fishing fun, and introduce clients to some of the amazing streams and lakes that Arizona has to offer.
Owners Charlie and Wendy Palmer purchased this Cabin in 2015
Why Owners Charlie and Wendy Palmer chose Nutrioso
Our Cabin offers something for everyone, whether you want to just keep back and release in the clean mountain air or if you want to go on an Adventure! Located at mile marker 412 off Hwy 180/191 Great access right off main road.
What makes this Cabin unique
We offer WIFI access in a pretty remote location, in addition we have the following that makes us Unique: * Filtered water and Ice maker! * RO System/ water softener Themed Cabin Rooms. Pet and Kid friendly with toys and games. * Free Long Distance Calling to anywhere in the USA! * Free Netflix, Pandora, Directv total choice package. * Lots of information for your adventures in the White Mountains! View of the Escudilla Mountain (3rd largest in AZ) and direct access from property across road to Apache Forestry Service to Mountain. Nutrioso Creek through back of property which is on both banks. Attractions Nearby: Nelson Reservoir 2 miles. Sipe Wildlife museum and Wildlife area 5 miles. Williams Valley Cross Country Skiing Area, sledding hill, and snowmobiling. Season: Late November to Mid April 15 Kilometers of groomed trail No Fee! Facilities: 15 Kilometers of groomed trail for striding and skating Port-a-toilets. Ski rentals, instructions and tours available in Alpine Nearest food and lodging in Alpine Features: Tall trees, big meadows, great views Long season, lots of snow Skiing for all skill levels. Plowed road Attractions: At the Williams Valley Ski Area fifteen kilometers of trails groomed for both diagonal striding and ski-skating wind through a picturesque area of evergreen forests and wide mountain meadows. Williams Valley is located 6 miles from Alpine along a forest road that is kept open except during and immediately after major winter storms. The elevation: 8,700 feet, so snow usually comes early and stays late. Because of the variety of terrains and conditions at Williams Valley both novices and more experienced skiers will find plenty to enjoy here. Slopes are moderate to gentle and turns are gradual on these trails, which wind through the trees and across the broad meadows. Powder conditions persist through most of the winter. Trails are maintained through a joint effort of local merchants and the Alpine Ranger District.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Wonderful Place to Stay
My whole family (11 of us: 7 adults, 2 kids, 1 toddler and 1 infant) stayed at the cabin. The cabin exceeded our expectations!! Very clean and plenty of beds. The cabin had lots of entertainment items for infants up to adults. We had an awesome vacation. We would definitely stay here again.
This cabin has quite a bit of room for a large group or family. It's well equipped and very easy to find since it is right off the highway....if you want to be that close.
Great Cabin but....
We stayed at this cabin during our archery bull elk hunt in mid-September 2019. This cabin can sleep A TON of people comfortably. The kitchen was resourceful, everything you needed to cook. A coffee pot and a Keurig which we enjoyed.
The location is amazing, right off the highway, great views, we heard and saw elk every night from the cabin.
Oh, the stars! At this cabin you can see every star in addition to every galaxy, it is truly amazing.
Overall, I would highly recommend this cabin. I’m wanted to put that out there before I talk about the constructive part of this review.
• No A/C unit and I understand it cools off at night there but when a guest cannot get their window to open (which was the case in upstairs bedroom with bunk beds), allowing air inside, then it isn’t so comfortable in the warmer months.
• Half the light bulbs in the cabin were burned out couldn’t find any replacements. The remotes for the TV had dead batteries so we couldn’t operate the TV except manually which didn’t work (NFL is advertised…doesn’t work if we can’t turn on the TV system)
• Advertised washer and DRYER. I washed some laundry on the 4th day only to realize the dryer wouldn’t work. I could get it to power on, but it would not start. I had to lay out all my clothes to air dry.
• Night sweats! I slept in the bunk room upstairs. I couldn’t stop sweating every night. I finally discovered, on the 4th night, that the mattress protector under the sheet was plastic. I finally took it off and everything was good but not something I wish on anyone.
• Advertised GAS GRILL, yet we grilled out one night and ran out of propane. There was another propane sitting there but it was empty. We were lucky that we had planned only two nights of grilling, though we had to cook or filet mignons in a pan on the stove : (
• I gave the accuracy rating 2 stars for the grill and the t.v., which also influenced my 3 star overall rating. These were THE BIGGEST misses in my party’s opinion, especially the grill. There are so many people who rent out their homes nowadays through sites like VRBO. I have stayed in a lot of these places over the years and my advice to the owners of this cabin is this: If you are going to be in the business of renting out your cabin, then you must make sure you are managing it to your advertisement. I pay for what you have listed and if the things you have listed don’t work, then I am paying for extras that are not extras.
Fun family trip.
We had a blast at the cabin and where quite amazed by all the amenities. It was super kid friendly with cool "secret" playrooms. Also enjoyed fishing only 2 mins away. Beautiful views and gorgeous sunrises were just what we needed to recharge. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful retreat with us.
It is quite a huge cabin. It was excellent except that the beds were itchy. We wanted to hike the mountain behind the cabin but there were fenced properties and we couldn't get around them.. Plan ahead if you wish to enjoy nearby attractions.
Great location next to creek and in direct view of Escudilla Mountain. Although just off the highway it is very quiet. The house is charming and laid out well to comfortably accommodate a group and well appointed. Sun porch allows for a delightful space within a space. Owners were prompt in responding to all of our communications.
Nutrioso is at 7500 feet elevation, the wildlife in the area is incredible from the Majestic Elk to Mexican Wolves. Many neat places to Hike including some areas that have caves ! Will have info at the cabin for you on trail system! Fishing/Fly Fishing is also awesome. For those who are into Hunting, this is the place for you! Elk, Bear,Turkey, Grouse, Waterfowl, Deer... and much more! Incredible bird watching here as well... Overall, just a great place to get away from it all! Nelson Reservoir is 2 miles from cabin on same side of hwy. It is stocked by fish and game in the summer 20,000 trout. Yes, 20K.