House, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 8-10)
Located in the quaint, old-town, close-to-beach, 30A community of Old Seagrove, "Driftwood Inn" is secluded by palm and oak trees on a HUGE lot within easy walking distance of the beach and the iconic SEASIDE, Florida.
Our home is an adorable and old-style Florida cottage located on Dogwood Street, one street from Seaside and located in the first block - putting you less than 200 steps to the beach.
INCLUDED with each reservation are complimentary activities as a gift for staying with us! Activities can include your choice of one free round of golf per day, a free dolphin cruise (one ticket included) or snorkel trip (one ticket included) per day! This is up to $100 in FREE value for each day of your reservation! Some restrictions apply, inquire for details, book to have fun!
12 reasons you'll LOVE this home!
- Located just steps from the beach
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Generous outdoor living space
- Guest bedroom on second level with Full bed
- Guest bedroom on third level with Full bed and Twin bunk
- Master bedroom with Full bed and private balcony
- Third level balcony with a peek of the gorgeous Gulf!
- Large screened-in porch on second level with swing
- Cozy living room with plenty of natural light
- Covered parking
- Grill to enjoy your favorite cuisine on vacay
- Surrounded by beautiful palms and shady oaks
9 reasons you'll LOVE Old Seagrove Beach
- Directly adjacent to SEASIDE
- SEASIDE Central Square a short walk away
- Old Seagrove is right on the beach
- Our home is less than 200 steps away from the beach
- Minutes from Publix for groceries
- Minutes from local favorites like Pizza by the Sea, Yum!!
- Minutes from tons of other 30A hotspots
- Walkable community
- Spend hours meandering in this costal village community
BLUE SWELL is a LOCAL, privately owned, property management company that specializes in high-end, luxury beach rentals from Panama City Beach to Scenic 30A to Destin. We hand-choose each and every property and we spend tens of thousands of our own money each year making sure the property you rent from us is top-notch and in perfect working order.
- We are local so everyone knows this area and can answer your questions and help you plan your vacation!
- If you need ANYTHING, we are MINUTES away to help!
- Our Customer Service is SECOND TO NONE!
- Our Job is to give you the best Customer Service experience on the beach so you'll come back and visit us again!
- Our cleaners are top-notch and are our employees!
- We ALWAYS Inspect our Properties for housekeeping and maintenance prior to your arrival!
- Remote Check-in - NO LINES, No Driving to our Office!
- High end linens with 450 thread count sheets, plush towels and high end starter supplies!
- 24/7 Service for emergencies!
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express!
Had a great time
About the Owner
About Blue Swell
We are a boutique property management company that specializes exclusively in high-end, luxury beach rentals on Scenic 30A in South Walton. We hand-choose each and every property and we spend tens of thousands of our own money each year making sure the property you rent from us is top-notch and in perfect working order.
- We are local
- If you need ANYTHING, we are MINUTES away to help!
- Our Hosts will greet you at your home for check-in
- Our Customer Service is SECOND TO NONE!
- Our Job is your happiness!
- Our cleaners are top-notch
- We ALWAYS Inspect our Properties for Maintenance Issues!
- Remote Check-in - NO LINES, No Driving to our Office - We meet you at your Home!
- We manage dozens of the nicest properties on 30A!
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express
Why Blue Swell chose South Walton
The area surrounding Seagrove Beach is a great mix of old Florida with its huge shady trees and sand roads in contrast to adjacent Seaside with its story-book look of victorian houses, white picket fences and cobblestone streets. You can wear your shorts and tee shirt to a beer and oyster establishment, or dress up (shorts and polo-shirt) and go to the best 4 star restaurant and eat the freshest seafood you've ever had.
The name of the annual catamaran race from Seagrove Beach to Seaside is appropriately called the Rags to Riches Rally.
Somehow it all co-exists and makes sense. Seagrove is kind of Jimmy Buffett, and Seaside maybe a little Kenny G.
(10 traveler reviews)
DO NOT RENT! HORRIBLE STAINS,SMELLS, WATER DRIPS
This is the worst home I have Ever stayed in !! we came in to meet with builders on property we bought and wanted something inexpensive knowing we would not be there much OMG!! it was to much the greater said sorry for the Smell its Old and if you complain of no water I mean drip drip you get charged on your Credit card for fraud $250.00 saying cleaners said it smelt of wet Dog !! We have no Dog had to call my Credit card company they took off and manager said we are not listing this home next time until the owners do something with it, IT IS That Bad We left and stayed with the Builder in his cottage home, He could not Believe People would stay in this 1960 never remodeled home Beds Broken Sheets have Stains Bed Covers 1960 with stains, only one Burner worked for soup ...Go somewhere Else they rip you off !!! Sorry I have Never done a Bad review, I have a VRBO home of my Own and people deserve to know. had to do a star to submit does not even deserve that.
Old and Dirty
Swantree 30a is a good host company. Apparently owners don't spend a dime on upkeep. The house was dusty and dirty with cobwebs, old furniture and appliances. Knobs on stove unreadable, worn. Bar type doors to master, 1 upside down. Carpets and rugs stained. Sun light in upstairs bedroom made it very hot.Two story home, 1 AC unit didn't help upstairs, floor vents. Vertical blind slats missing on all windows.. Several vertical slats were on floor. Some slats hung backwards. In master, we hung a table cloth over the window for a little privacy. It was advertised as having a king bed in master....there wasn't a king bed in any room. Shower doors were plastic and cheap; Door handle would fall off while in use. Kayak is not available, it's locked up. If bulbs burn out, supply ur own. If you need trash bags, get ur own. Bring salt, pepper, plastic, foil, paper towels, (supplied with 2 rolls), toilet tissue, (supplied with 4 rolls) for 2 BR for 8-10 people for 1 week...bring your own laundry detergent...kitchen cooking utensils are very old, no kitchen towels....bring your own beach chairs...one umbrella with a bent base. The base was damaged from over torque. Note, this neighborhood does not have paved streets. Expect a large amount of white dust / dirt on your car and anything else left outside. The only thing convenient was it's close to the beach and Seaside.
Great location ok house
It's difficult to find a much better location, 1 block from Seaside, quiet road, 1 block off 30A with easy beach access. That being said this house is really dated from top to bottom. If you are a clean freak stear clear as there are stains on almost every cloth service from kitchen table chairs, carpet, to all of the furniture, etc... While these have clearly been cleaned, it seems most of the furnishings (couch cover, bed spreads, etc...) are from the 80's and simply have stains that won't come out.
This listing has been updated but the bed descriptions were all wrong compared to when we booked. Not a King bed in the master and not a Queen bed on the first floor bedroom. This listing also states access to kayak and beach accessories which we didn't have access to. Bikes were available however as stated.
This house could be very nice if just a little bit of TLC were put into it. For example there are saloon type swinging doors going into the downstairs hall and one of them is installed upside down. The upstairs bath is painted in a color that is causing the cleaning spray being used to spray down surfaces to create large discoloring spots on the walls. The dials on the stove are so worn you can't tell which dial goes to which burner or the temp readings. It turns out these turn in reverse as compared to most current stoves for High and Low settings.
There are so many of these little things that wouldn't take much to update and fix to make this house worth the $$ it's listed for. Thankfully we got a really good last minute deal, otherwise it wouldn't have been worth it. Had a very nice discussion with the rental company house managers who agreed it needs some TLC. For the price we paid I'd return, anything more however and I would not in the current condition.
Had a great time
This house was just what we needed for a relaxing week. Close to the beach and downtown we could easily walk everywhere we needed to go. Beach as expected was great. The house is a little dated but who cares it was clean and had everything we needed for a great week of sun and sand. We will be back .
Perfect location & perfect vacation!
What am absolutely perfect location to stay in Seagrove! We have stayed at many different homes/condos/town homes along 30A and this property is absolutely our favorite. Every little detail was great, from the cozy sitting ro to the open kitchen/dining room to the fabulous screened in porch and the open deck off the master bedroom. A short, beautiful walk to the beach as well as to Seaside. We will be coming back to the Driftwood Inn again and again!
great location but needs some TLC
Just got back from our trip to Seaside. My husband and I have been coming to these beaches for 25 years. Planned this trip last minute for a family getaway before our older two twins leave for college. Got a great deal and we loved, loved, loved the location!! So convenient to Seaside and the beach. Bikes are a must for our family of 5 and were delighted to find 4 available for use, although we were told only of 2. Absolutely used the "enclosed" outdoor shower and realized this is a must on our next rental! The house itself could use some updating compared to some of the surrounding properties. Seaside is a fairly upscale area and this home is quite dated and although it is a short walk to town, it is in need of some repairs to match the surrounding neighbors. For example, carpet on the stairs needs replacing, screened in porch was in need of repair, upstairs tv would never connect to the cable in the bunk room, in need of pot holders for cooking, need a couple of dishwashing pods for the dishwasher for guest, downstairs bed was really uncomfortable and probably need to exterminate. We walked in to a very large cockroach on the kitchen counter (ick). He not longer lives there as my husband took care of. Luckily we had all of our food neatly bagged & in containers. This property has more of an eclectic feel as it is listed in "old Seagrove". The furniture is older and not really the "pottery barn" feel as some of the neighboring properties. This did not bother us, but just felt like the property needs a bit of work to bring it up to the standards and $ of the area. We did get a good deal on our stay, but would probably have been disappointed if we would have paid full price. If the owners would give it a little TLC, this would be a place we would most likely return. Thanks for the last minute deal swantree30A. We always have a wonderful time at the beach!!
From the Owner
“The area surrounding Seagrove Beach is a great mix of old Florida with its huge shady trees and sand roads in contrast to adjacent Seaside with its story-book look of victorian houses, white picket fences and cobblestone streets. You can wear your shorts and tee shirt to a beer and oyster establishment, or dress up (shorts and polo-shirt) and go to the best 4 star restaurant and eat the freshest seafood you've ever had. The name of the annual catamaran race from Seagrove Beach to Seaside is appropriately called the Rags to Riches Rally. Somehow it all co-exists and makes sense. Seagrove is kind of Jimmy Buffett, and Seaside maybe a little Kenny G.”
Activity and Interests
- From $175/nt
- US Dollars
- Summer ...............May 19 - August 3.............$1950/week (6 night min)
- Late Summer ..........August 4 - Sept 7 ............$1750/week
- Fall .................Sept 8 - Oct 26...$195/night-$1150/week
- Winter................Oct 27 - Feb 22.....$175/night-$975/week
- Thanksgiving & Christmas.......................$225/night-$1450/week
- Spring Break..........Feb 25 - April 20.............$1800/week
- 11.5% sales tax and $135 cleaning fee extra
- 6 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY DURING SUMMER MONTHS
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Near The Ocean
- eco tourism
- 1744 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Master with Queen - 1 queen
- 2nd Floor Guest Bedroom with Full - 1 double
- 3rd Floor Guest Bedroom with Twin Bunk & a Queen! - 1 queen, 1 bunk bed
- 1 King, 2 Twin, 2 Queen, 1 Pull Out Sofa
- Outdoor Grill