Echo Falls cottage has many unbeatable cottage features:
1. fully winterized with year-round road access to the back door
2. only 90 minutes from Toronto!
3. a recently fully-renovated sunken living room (see photos) with massive lake-view windows, beautiful cathedral ceiling with dimmable pot lights, a woodstove centrepiece, WIFI, flat screen TV with ExpressVu satellite and DVD, CD/Radio, a decorative remote controlled ceiling fan, and new flooring, plus 3 comfortable couches for lounging
4. large dining room, main bathroom and kitchen, which has all conveniences: microwave, dishwasher, and coffee maker, and all utensils you'll require.
5. wrap-around decks with a sunken hot tub on the front deck facing the lake
6. 3 skylights
7. laundry room with washer and dryer
8. gorgeous, private treed areas as the property abuts 1000 acres of crown land to the north and west
The recent living area had $40K in renovations and the before/after impact is amazing! (see photos)
The cottage's exterior environment features:
1. a beautiful lakefront, with plenty of dock space for boats and deep water swimming, and a picturesque view of Baxter Lake from the boathouse sundeck,
2. an adjacent walk-over waterfalls accessed by a nearby hiking trail
3. a firepit close to the cottage for late evening and night campfires
4. Baxter Lake offers great deep water, near weed-free swimming, sandy swimming entrances, and great bass and pike fishing
Suitable for families with children of all ages and will provide a vacation you will always remember. We generally rent to groups max size 10, but can accommodate up to 12 - please inquire. Directions and rental instructions will be emailed to you once the booking process is completed.
1) Peak season rate of $2250/week applies in July and August, where we only rent by the week Sunday 1 pm-Saturday 10 am. Our rates and minimum stay requirements are flexible in other months, and determined by duration of stay and # of guests
2) Maximum of 10 people at posted rate
3) Additional people incur an extra cost of $100/person/week or $50/person/2-night stay, with a maximum of 14 people.
4) $1000 refundable damage/cleaning deposit - required 4 weeks prior to rental
Damage/Cleaning Deposit Refund Policy: If the cottage is left in the same condition as found a full deposit refund is provided. This means all interior and exterior items and finishings must be in identical condition to that found, the floors must be swept and washed (if necessary), all rugs/carpets fully vacuumed, the kitchen and both bathrooms fully cleaned. The deposit will be returned to you by mail or email money transfer the week following the rental.
You will need to bring your own linens and towels: We have 3 queen beds, 2 double beds plus a pull-out couch.
We generally provide dishwasher detergent, but it's a good idea to bring a small supply in the event it runs out during your week.
All other food supplies should be brought along with you.
We provide propane gas for the Broil King barbeque.
This reservation has a Firm cancellation policy - refunds will be issued up to 60 days prior to the check in date.
A 100% refund is provided for travellers cancelling at least 60 days before check-in. A 50% refund of the rental amount is provided for travellers cancelling from 30 to 59 days before check-in. No refunds are provided for travellers cancelling less than 30 days prior to check-in.
Our house rules: no smoking, no parties or events, pets permitted.
1. $1000 security (damage and cleaning) deposit required 1 month before booking. If the booking is less than 1 month away, the security fee is due upon booking, and to be paid by etransfer directly to the cottage owner.
2. Liability waiver form will be sent automatically upon booking, and should be printed, completed and e-mailed to
3. Check-In and Check-Out Times:
Peak Season (Weekly rentals only - other check in and check out times to be arranged with cottage owner):
Arrive no earlier than 2 pm on Saturday
Depart no later than 11 am the following Saturday
Off-peak Season (September through June): Arrival and Departure Times negotiable and generally dependant on season, # of people in group, and duration of stay
4. Echo Falls Cottage Rental Policies
a. Maximum 10 people at posted rates, additional people incur an extra cost. Maximum 14 people.
b. All food supplies, drinking water, linens and towels must be provided by renter.
c. Pets are welcome. Please ensure when dogs are outdoors that they are maintained on the property. Poop and d. scoop policy is in effect.
d. Booking is confirmed at time of receipt of deposit and signed liability waiver.
e. Do not leave any garbage behind when you leave, and please clean up ALL cigarette butts, beer caps, cans, water bottles etc. fromthe outside areas, as we work hard to maintain a natural outdoor environment (debris found outside will result in partial loss of your security deposit).
f. Please leave cottage in the same state of cleanliness as you found it, paying particular attention to the washrooms and kitchen areas. Floors should be swept (washed if necessary) and carpets vacuumed. This will ensure full security deposit is returned