3 bdrms, 1.5 bath (Sleeps maximum 6)
Live like a local at “Nathan’s Alley” in the sunny Lower Haight. Comfortable, cozy, art-filled apartment superbly situated in a “destination” neighborhood, mere blocks from so many must sees: the famous Victorians called 'Painted Ladies' of Alamo Square, Haight-Ashbury, the Castro District, Market Street & F Line Trolley (which takes you quickly to Fisherman’s Wharf, The Embarcadero, Ferry Bldg., The Exploratorium), Palace of Fine Arts, Fort Mason, Fort Point, The Presidio, Crissy Fields; not to mention the many venues the Lower Haight has to offer.
While the gourmet kitchen is there for those who love to cook, for those who do not there is host of nearby restaurants to choose from – several, such as Thep Phenom (Thai) and Indian Oven (both consistent winner of “Best of the Bay” in our local weeklies) being literally just down the block.
• a modern unit with 1100 sq ft, three bedrooms, 1.5 granite & marble bathrooms, living room, dining area & kitchen combined, all the conveniences & comforts of a home away from home.
• Steps away from a destination neighborhood that people drive for miles to get to.
• Garden: artfully landscaped garden that guests will enjoy.
• Bedrooms: Master bedroom with queen-sized bed, 2nd bdrm with queen-sized bed, living room with queen sofa sleeper, two twin-sized trundle beds in the back bdrm. Storage galore, 2 closets with organizers, chest drawers & hidden storage in the sofa sleepers, coffee tables & ottomans.
• Bathrooms: 1.5 bathrooms. Main bath: shower over tub, pedestal sink, toilet. Shampoo/conditioner, body wash provided. Half bath: toilet and sink with organizer for towels.
• Kitchen: Well-appointed fully-equipped gourmet kitchen, well-stocked for those who love to cook, a slew of nearby restaurants for those who don’t
* cafes: Bean There (right around the corner), Café du Soleil, Café International (live entertainment), The Grind, Duboce Park Cafe.
* multi-ethnic array of restaurants: Indian Oven, Squat & Gobble, Thep Phenom (Thai), Sushi Raw (Japanese, Chinese), Axium (Ethiopian), Palmyra (Mediterranean), Kate’s Kitchen, Maven Bar & Restaurant, Uva Enoteca, Chow, too many to mention.
• Laundry: On-site front loading washer & dryer (no coinage necessary)
• Heating: Central heating and thermostat controlled.
• Dining: Dining area seats 4 comfortably, a coffee table with a lift that converts to an additional 4 seating.
• Wifi: Two smart TVs (40” and 47”) with free Comcast Xfinity high-speed wifi, access to your private Netflix account, wifi-ready HDTV, all the entertainment, HBO, sports channel available. Sony Blu-ray DVD player & wifi ready, mini-stereo system, HP photoprinter scan, print for guests use.
• Parking: driveway in front of the property
• Pets: small well-behaved dog less than 20 lbs considered. Pet fee charge of $50 for minimum 3 nights stay.
• Parks: Within walking distance to the famous Alamo Square Park and the row of Victorians called “Painted Ladies”, the famous Haight-Ashbury district, Buena Vista Park, Duboce Park, Golden Gate Park, the Panhandle, Hayes Valley Playground.
• Transportation: Easy access to all public transportations (bus, MUNI, BART) like 2-3 blocks away. MUNI to BART to the airport and other Bay Area destinations, (subway MUNI trains F, J, K, L, M, N lines to downtown, & AT&T Baseball Park). Mere blocks to the historic “F” trolley line that connects to the cable cars, the Ferry Building, Fisherman's Wharf. Literally 10-15 minutes to Union Square, Embarcadero Center, Modern Museum of Art, Randall Museum, De Young Museum, the Science Museum, Palace of Fine Arts. Transit score: 100; Bike and walk score: 91.
• Supermarkets & Pharmacy: Safeway (24-hr open 7 days a week), Whole Foods, Golden Natural Foods, CVS Pharmacy, mom & pop grocery stores mere blocks away.
• Medical Facilities: the world renowned University of California San Francisco Medical Center (UCSF), California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC), Davies Medical Center, San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH) are all within 15 minutes away. Free shuttle stops within 4 blocks away for UCSF & SFGH, 2 blocks for CPMC at Davies Medical Center.
• Rental Cars: Zipcar with depot of rental cars available within the neighborhood area. Check Zipcar.com website for more information.
• Wine Tour: wine tour shuttles within short distance from Nathan’s Alley. Check winetours.com website.
• Non-smoking apartment
Check in time: 3:00 pm
Check out time: 11:00 am
Perfect for our family!
About the Owner
We have lived in all the units of our building and Nathan’s Alley certainly has had many fond memories for us. We look forward to speaking via phone with any who are interested in learning more about what we have.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We loved our stay here at Nathan's Alley. Our family of 5 had plenty of room to spread out. We all loved the beds and plush blankets. We stayed cozy at night!
[We] were very impressed with how well-organized the apartment is. Everything is labeled, and direction booklets for all of the appliances are in the binder. For a small kitchen, the amount of small appliances, dishes, etc, is amazing! You have it all--and more! Especially grateful for the Keurig coffee machine and K-cups!
4.7 based on 32 traveler reviews
Perfect for our family!
Our stay in this property was perfect! Very conveniently located to transportation to the city as well as a quaint coffee shop at the corner. Accommodations were exactly as advertised and the home was very clean! The owners provided a very helpful binder to answer any question you might have which we used a lot!! Labels and directions throughout the house were also appreciated. Nice walk to the Haight-Ashbury corner and also to the iconic "Painted Ladies". We would stay here again. Thanks to the owners for everything. (Only thing missing for our family was Nathan - Ha Ha)
Great property: close to everything, has all the amenities
Nathan's Alley was the perfect location for my family's trip to San Francisco and here's why:
- Nice, clean neighborhood with easy-to-find parking in front of the building or within a block during street sweeping times.
- Really close to several great restaurants and a Safeway and Whole Foods, all within walking distance.
- Plenty of room for a family to spread out and have their own space.
- Very close to Golden Gate Park.
- Laundry! Having kids and ability to do laundry while traveling is a life-saver!
- Super comfortable beds. Seriously, so comfortable.
Here are the only negatives:
- There are no locks on the interior of the flat that cannot be accessed by key from the outside and while there are multiple locks to get through, it left us feeling a little less than safe.
- This is a ground floor flat and not much daylight comes in. BUT, if you are out and about all day, this is not noticeable. And it was unseasonably warm while we were there, so the flat stayed cool and that was welcome.
We would absolutely stay here again, this is a clean and well-stocked flat with all the comforts.
It was home away from home! My family and I enjoyed our stay in this lovely home. The kitchen was well stocked and there were treats for both the adults and kids! Thank you.
The beds with memory foam were comfortable; even the sofa bed!!
The apartment had all the comforts one needed and then some.
Only complaint, if any, was the parking; it was a challenge.
Great communication with the owners.
Thank you Scott and Margaret for letting us stay in your charming home. We look forward in staying here in the future!!
Good space - As described - except for the parking
We spent the weekend in this ground floor apartment with our 3 kids. It is small but has a good layout with comfortable beds. The house was very well stocked, lots of towels and plenty of cooking items. The location was easy to access from the freeway and there is a great French coffee place around the corner for breakfast. Our only complaint is the "with parking" in the description. We had a mid-size rental car with us. The parking is street parking - directly in front of the garage in front of the house. Depending upon where others parallel park, you may (or in our case for an entire day) or may NOT be able to use the spot. So - if you don't have a car, or have a sub-compact, you should be fine.
Haight Ashbury crash pad !! San Francisco
Our 3 bedroom 1.5 bath apartment was wonderful ! It was very clean and felt like home! The cookies on the table was a very nice touch!! The owners were very good communicating instructions and helpful with any questions. THIS WAS THE PERFECT PLACE FOR MYSELF AND HUSBAND , MY BOSS, AND ANOTHER EMPLOYEE TO STAY!! We went to a dental convention and it was close by. This enabled us to stay together and still have our own private rooms. We would stay there again if the opportunity presents itself !!! Hugs from Alaska
nice little apartment
The apartment was a bit smaller than we had expected. There are really only 2 bedrooms, although the extra TV room off of the kitchen can function as a bedroom. But, if you use this room as a bedroom, there isn't really any place to put the extra dining seating. The beds with the memory foam were super comfortable--the best I have ever slept on.
From the Owner
“The Lower Haight is in the Heart of San Francisco. It's a neighborhood where you'll find an essence of what it means to call San Francisco one's home. It is in close proximity to all the conveniences of city living; close to all the shops, restaurants, groceries, transportation and experience living as a local. Also, it is close to all the must see sights of San Francisco. It is a very vibrant, interesting and diverse neighborhood where guests can enjoy the local flavor and what San Francisco has to offer.”
Activity and Interests
SUNNY LOWER HAIGHT, DUBOCE TRIANGLE, NATHAN'S ALLEY SF, 3 BDRM 1.5 BATH GROUND FLR GARDEN APT with parking, centrally located in SF.
Accommodations: Apartment, 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths (Sleeps maximum 6)
Centrally located, making all sights eminently accessible, many of them at close hand such as:
A) Dolores Park
B) Mission Dolores Church
C) Golden Gate Park
D) The Castro District
E) Hayes Street Shopping
G) Fillmore Jazz District
H) The Presidio
I) The Marina
J) The Opera House
K) San Francisco City Hall
L) AT & T Park (Baseball)
M) Union Square
O) The Exploratorium
P) The Palace of Fine Arts
Q) The Golden Gate Bridge
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
$250 per night (maximum 6 guests) minimum 3 nights stay
Pet: small well-behaved dog less than 20 lbs considered
Cancellation Policy: Refund with notice of cancellation 30 days prior to arrival date. (except cancellation due to act of god).
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“All the amenities and conveniences of city living. Three bedrooms, one and half baths (1-1/2) with all the comforts of home. Transit score: 100 Bike and walk score: 91. Cars may not be necessary. There are rental cars within close proximity.”
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- botanical garden
- duty free shops
- health/beauty spa
- live theater
- recreation center
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- golf privileges optional
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- sound/bay fishing
- 1100 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, granite half bath with storage galore
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower, marble bathroom from floor to ceiling
- total 1.5 bathroom, 1 full bath (shower over the tub bathroom), half bath with toilet and sink.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, comfortable, memory foam bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 twin/ single, trundle bed with 2 twin-sized bedshttps://admin.vrbo.com/lm/
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, queen-sized bed, serta memory foam, smart-tv room
- Master bedroom with all the luxurious comfort of a hotel bed. Closet with organizer, plenty storage. Alarm clock radio w/ iPhone docking. Living room has queen-sized sofa sleeper bed. Total of 3 queen-sized & 2 twin-sized beds capacity.
- For family with small children: Graco Pack & Play, Fisher baby bath tub, child booster chair provided and kids plates and bowls. Alamo Square Park & Dolores Park has tennis courts. Go hiking at the Randall Museum area and enjoy the grand view of the city on the top. Buena Vista Park offers a grand view of San Francisco.