Brand New Villa with a pool! Enjoy Costa Rica's rich Nature
Life is thriving, sun is shining, good life! Welcome to Villa de Shira, the sandcastle in the sky!
Standing proudly on a hilltop, in the lush jungle, Villa de Shira boasts amazing panoramic views that stretch out to the Pacific ocean.
Nestled among all of nature's luxuries, guests will enjoy being completely submerged in the jungle life, while enjoying all of the modern comforts and amenities of the home.
Dine on the beautiful outdoor terrace overlooking your private infinity pool. Surrender to the magical sunsets every evening.
Let us help you coordinate all of your Costa Rican adventures, for example horseback riding, canopy tours, surf lessons, ATV rides...
Our wish is to help you push the pause button on your life and to truly embrace the 'Pura Vida' for the duration of your time with us.
Your castle awaits...
Fabrice and Miho
About the Owner
Bonjour! My name is Fabrice Beaux. A French American, I moved to Hawaii and lived there for 25 years. I have been touring world wide as a pro windsurfer for the last 20 years and have finally settled down in Costa Rica. I want to share what I believe to be a one of a kind dwelling place & Nature's true Luxery. I look forward to accommodating you at my Villa.
5 based on 7 traveler reviews
This house is off the beaten path - and that is just what we wanted! It is an authentic Costa Rican experience (but still close to everything we wanted to do). We enjoyed the beautiful sunsets every night as well as the breezes that come from being in the hills - and being in the hills also meant fewer mosquitos! The house had everything that we needed to make meals and having a daily housekeeper was nice. The pool was always clean and refreshing after a day out! You are close to Playa Junquillal, which is a nice beach and has a little grocery store. Playas Avellanas and Negra are also close. The owners Fabrice and Miho are helpful and know the area if you have any questions. We can't wait to stay here again!
Excellent Private Villa With Amazing Views
It was the best vacation ever!
Upon arriving at the property we found the most beautiful and well maintained home.
I highly recommend Villa De Shira… Very nice, cozy, peaceful, clean, elegant and well equipped.
The sunsets that can be viewed from the deck are some of the most spectacular that I have seen. From the deck you can talk to the Howler Monkeys and you will see fireflies (Lighting Bug) darting in and out of the numerous trees on this huge property. We spent most of the time at the house sitting on the deck. During the day we went to the beach just 30mn down the road.
If you’re looking for peace and quiet this is the home for you. The views are amazing and our host Fabrice and Miho are very kind and helpful.
We have just returned from villa Shira and loved it. If you are looking for a vacation "off the grid"...then this is it. Villa Shira has all the comforts of home...fully equipped for either a stay put vacation or 25 minutes away from tamarindo where you will find great beaches...restaurants...grocery stores And bars. Playa janquilla is a must with great beaches and a sea turtle sanctuary...and beautiful swimming. A 4x4 vehicle rental is a must as the road up to the villa requires one! A bonus is having the owner right down the road....who is always available for any questions or concerns. Loved having his two dogs visiting us as well. I would recommend this property for anyone looking for that tranquil holiday....or for ones that are looking for adventure. Black Stallion ranch is a must for zip lining or horse back riding combined with a great BBQ. Thanks fabrice...we will return :)
Fabulously private luxe villa
We had an amazing time at Villa de Shira. Here's what we really liked. One of the best things about this place is that Fabrice, the owner, is nearby, and wants to make your stay as comfortable as possible. At the same time, he is not intrusive, and understands that most people go to CR to chill and take advantage of activities at their own pace.
-Daily maid service. This isn't included in most villas, and the person usually doesn't do dishes. And she came at 12. At other places, daily maid service means 8 am wakeup, which isn't very relaxing.
- Plenty of nice towels. This sounds small but isn't.
- Luxurious-feeling bath mats. Again, sounds small, but it's a nice touch.
- AMAZING views. Did I mention the views? Pics don't do it justice. AMAZING.
- The road was built low enough so that people driving by can't see the pool and deck area. That's a really big plus.
- Unlike many villas we've stayed, pool maintenance was regular, and the person (whether Fabrice or one of his employees) always rang the doorbell or knocked. We didn't worry that someone would appear around the corner at any time.
- Unlimited, fast and reliable wifi. Hugely helpful.
- Comfortable bed.
- Delightfully chilly air con in the bedrooms.
- Plenty of hot water available at all times. Hand shower in the tub made for easy hair-washing. The shower water pressure was not really enough, but this is true of every villa we've ever stayed in.
- Good tasting water and crushed ice from the very nice refrigerator. This is a rarity and makes cocktails easy and delicious. Not having to lug bottles of water from the store is a luxury.
- Great washer/dryer. I ended up using it several times during our stay.
- Fabrice really was helpful and welcoming. A terrific host!
Honestly, not to many I can think of, and that says a lot :)
- No safe (yet). When we were there in Jan 2014, Fabrice had bought, but not yet installed, a safe. He did say we could use the safe in one of the other units, but we didn't bother.
- If you have a local phone with Kolbi service, don't plan to use it from the villa. My husband had to do a couple of work calls with our local cell phone, and the service was spotty at best.
- No boogie boards, pool floats, etc. to borrow.
Overall, we had an amazing time in a QUIET, private environment.
Room to Breathe
A visit to this property will definitely not disappoint - it is exactly as advertised! The home is an architectural jewel, with beautiful finishes and six set of French doors that open on to the expansive terrace, infinity pool, and ocean view...spectacular! Lovely linens and towels, a well appointed kitchen, everything you need to settle in and hang out. We did not rent a car because we were happy to do just that, but most people should rent a car so that they can explore the fabulous beaches that are within a half hour drive. Our lovely hosts Fabrice and Miho took very good care of us, and as a special treat you can get a beautiful sushi dinner or yummy pizza prepared by Miho and delivered right to your terrace in time for sunset! We look forward to visiting this very special spot again.
From the Owner
“Stay home for the view! A non-commercial, fresh atmosphere. Villa de Shira is a new home! The villa sits on a hill with an outlook slightly above the surrounding nature. The view includes a 180 degree Pacific Ocean view with National Forest, local monkeies, parrots, butterfies (June-September), & local birds. Between December & April the sun literally sets directly in from of Villa de Shira.”
Activity and Interests
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Nov 21 2016 - Nov 27 2016
4 night minimum stay
Nov 28 2016 - Dec 18 2016
2 night minimum stay
Dec 19 2016 - Dec 25 2016
5 night minimum stay
Dec 26 2016 - Jan 1 2017
5 night minimum stay
Jan 2 2017 - Apr 6 2017
2 night minimum stay
Apr 7 2017 - Apr 15 2017
5 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$350|
Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
** Weeks of Christmas and New Year should be booked separately. If booked by the same party, minimum of 10 nights at the nightly rate will be applied.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“The architecture of my villa is very original in appearance, like a sandcastle in the sky. The view and placement of Villa de Shira is incredible. I invite you into the luxury of Nature!”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Events Allowed
- children welcome ...
- pets not allowed
- smoking allowed ...
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Mountain View
- Ocean View
- health/beauty spa
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horseback riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- wildlife viewing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- 1600 sq. ft.
- Master Bath - toilet, tub, shower, His & Her sinks
- Bathroom 3 - toilet
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, Large Shower (clear glass framing) & His & Her Sinks
- Only the Master Bathroom has a bathtub.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Master Bedroom - 1 king
- Guest Bedroom - 1 king, .
- The Master Bedroom & Guest Bedroom are fitted with En Suite Bathrooms, & their own private entrances, in addition to their main living area entrance. The ocean, pool side, & lush nature is visible from the comforts of each room's beds.
- Deck / Patio ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Guests provide their own meals